Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

8 hours ago, Carmella said:

Haha! Long way more to furniture, after we have moved in comfortably and packed our stuff, then we'll go look for the right size furniture. In no rush cause we hardly watch TV and eat at the dining table so all those are just for show items :lol:

Approximately only 70% done. If we can't pack finish before moving date, we'll just bring the leftovers ourselves. Packing is so tiring. Even more than the renovation process.

Haha most impt is the bed only imo!! I totally agree that packing is very tiring. although I'm shifting from a room to an apartment, I'm dreading the packing moment, and esp cos I'm not intending to bring so much over, means I need to throw those :x

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just take your time to choose and buy furniture, just get your basics for now :) able to shower, use WC, sleep and a fridge and washer are enough to move in. We will also get the other furniture and TV later. Will only have a bed and sofa for moving day. Had drained my savings. Didnt get loan (a bit regretful).

Going down to this Brilliant Source Lightings. It seems they have a big range of Dalen lights and its the same price which you purchased. Gonna see how bright is the 415T for living room.

11 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Haha most impt is the bed only imo!! I totally agree that packing is very tiring. although I'm shifting from a room to an apartment, I'm dreading the packing moment, and esp cos I'm not intending to bring so much over, means I need to throw those :x

7 hours ago, Labuns said:

Just take your time to choose and buy furniture, just get your basics for now :) able to shower, use WC, sleep and a fridge and washer are enough to move in. We will also get the other furniture and TV later. Will only have a bed and sofa for moving day. Had drained my savings. Didnt get loan (a bit regretful).

Going down to this Brilliant Source Lightings. It seems they have a big range of Dalen lights and its the same price which you purchased. Gonna see how bright is the 415T for living room.

Yes bed is definitely most important! Remember to pack early and don't procrastinate! Keep spare newspaper to cushion your fragile items too!

I get what you mean Labuns :( This renovation drained my savings too. Initially planed to use 50k on the renovation and 10k on furniture. Currently its hitting 58k :lol:. But having a well renovated home is more important than furniture. Furniture can always be bought later. Whereas major works in renovation only can be done when no one is staying in the home or it will be very dusty. When we overshot our budget, we regretted not taking a loan too but after some thoughts, having no additional loan is better. Like I said, furniture can always be bought later. Baby steps first.