Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Renovation For 15k

I now will also got a good contact for carpentry. I hope to do the carpentry for ~4k including kitchen cabinet, built in wardrobe. Let's see! :yamseng:

it is good that you have a lot of people to help out in your renovation

one word of caution though... if it is too cheap, ensure that you are getting the materials you want

you are talking about > 50 feet run of carpentry here.... 4k works out to be less than $80 pfr... you get my mean? the type of wood, the brand of laminates... etc you gotta make it all clear in the quote :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

today i have the quote. The Carpenter quote me 6k for:

1. Kitchen Cabinet

2.Custome built wardrobe

3.Shoe cabinet with Seatting place beside.

So far my cost is:

Wet works: ~ 5k

Carpentry: ~ 6k

Electrical works: ~ 1.5k

So far on track to reach my budget. I also source around for ideas with those ID firms and then I implement myself using Google Sketchup , then the carpenter will know what i want!

:P

here's my latest design after borrowed" ideas from Design firm :lol:, we decide to have a roller-shutter to put our miscellaneous stuff., also instead of seeing the fridge we will see my Krups Expresso machine as the fridge opening will be block by the wall with the initial idea.(see above posting)

Enjoy! :P

290320071055hrsvv1.jpg

Edited by Relacker

Make sure they u will have enough breathing space for ur fridge. As our country is humid and hot. So with an enclose area will make ur motor hot and trap heat within it. Wood trap heat. Will also affect ur wood if the material is not up to standard.

Im not sure how many feet did ur contractor quote you but do ensure that the wood material, laminated skin, ABS, glass backing and the glass they used.

GnM bro dont forget about the cabinet base and fridge base.

Relacker:

After looking at the tiles quotation above, how much did the contractor charge you psf for the tiles?

Also as above they only charge u cabinet base. How about fridge and washer base?

Make sure they u will have enough breathing space for ur fridge. As our country is humid and hot. So with an enclose area will make ur motor hot and trap heat within it. Wood trap heat. Will also affect ur wood if the material is not up to standard.

Im not sure how many feet did ur contractor quote you but do ensure that the wood material, laminated skin, ABS, glass backing and the glass they used.

GnM bro dont forget about the cabinet base and fridge base.

Relacker:

After looking at the tiles quotation above, how much did the contractor charge you psf for the tiles?

Also as above they only charge u cabinet base. How about fridge and washer base?

fridge and cement base for the whole kitchen cabinet all inside the quote :)

The cabinet is all there, the carpenter went down to my house to see. So if u scroll up above the post u will find the layout of my house and u can calculate the whole kitchen cabinet.

We dun intend to use washing machine base.

The tile we will buy ourselves as we have a good contact and charge $1.70/pc for 600x600 homoG tiles, deal done and tiles booked. So we pay the contractor only the labour. I went down to his on going project and i like his workmanship.

Right now , i am very satisfied because we put in the effort to find the best and the most value for money contractors and everything working out well :yamseng::dunno:

My cost further slashed when the electrician told me that with my design i.e. a false celing with fluroescent lights at the side only for the 'balconey' area , altogether with the lightings and the installlation of water heater and re-wiring of power points will be $800 only instead of 1.5k.

but today saw the ceiling that got crack, gotta tell the HDB town council contractor liaoz :~

Got our lighting all in from A Lighting Enterprise. it is @ 463 Geylang Rd lor 25. The shop is managed by Alex Lai also from NTU like moi :dancingqueen:

All in for lighting $590

1 xcosy corner light, 1 x LVR, 1x Dining, 3x WC & shelter, 3x BedRm lights, 1x entrance light, 2x kitchen lights.

A new carpenter quote us 7k for kitchen cabinet(as pic above with roller shutter), BI wardrobe, feature wall, shoe rack.

We also got our Turbo Hood&Hob and a 2.5 bowl, 1m long sink(forget brand) for altogether $1250.

Hi all, been some time since i posted. As the title says i set out with 15k budget for a 5room flat(110sqm). since my flat is new from HDB, we keep the ktichen flooring, wall tiles and also the toilet flooring and wall tiles. Now that my renovation has completed. Here's the score card:

Cost of wetworks,electrical/lighting, plumbing:

total 10k(the 10k includes labour,tiles cost and raw materials.)

10k above also include the wetwork labour for :

1.flooring with skirting for 1xLVR,3xBDRM, storeroom,entrance area with pebble-flooring

2.a small semi-circle false ceiling,

3.kitchen cabinet cement base and also the construct concrete dapoh & support for sink & hob area.

4.Also include glass tempered door to kitchen, 2x bifold door for 2xtoilets, 1xshower screen with kerb

5.Misc plumbing for 1x sink, 2x toilet spray, 1x vanity top, add piping for washer

6.misc electrical work like shift lighting points, install lightings, add a few double power points

Cost of Carpentry(Kitchen Cabinet,shoe rack, feature wall and Built-in Wardrobe, install hood in kitchen):

total 7k

Engage independent painter:

total 1.15k

this include Nippon 3-in-1 medi fresh paint , 3 coats(include 1 sealant layer), paint also 3xbdrm doors, 1x store room door and also entrance gate.

Curtains:

1.2k (quite good material but forget the name for 1xday and night for LVR, 3x roller blinds)

Total cost for reno excluding electrical appliance: 19.35k

Not too bad though exceeded by 4k , consider our budget of 15k is kinda deemed impossible for the range of reno when we first set out :bangwall:

Aircon for sys3 3x9kBTU + 1 split unit 24k BTU from Toshiba = 2.938k

Turbo Hob and Hood and sink(1m): 1.25k

So total cost of reno (including aircon, hob-hood, sink) = 23.538k

Mission Impossible accomplished! :D

here;s my reo-t blog thread with pics inside but the newer pics i uploaded thumbnail, so paiseh if u cannot see it well:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8879

p.s: feel free if u wanna ask for contacts :)

Edited by Relacker

Supply Labour & raw material (cement , chemical cement , white cement , W1) $1700

To lay tiles & skirting (600x600mm homogeneous) for Living & store room.

Supply Labour & raw material (cement , chemical cement , white cement , W1) $1800

To lay tiles & skirting (600x600mm homogeneous) for 3 bed rms.

can i ask a noob question? Wats the diff in cement, chemical cement and white cement?

can ask where u get ur aircon?

my quote (intro-ed by ID) seems v ex..

my email is marcheighteen@gmail.com

Thanks!

wow... you are good!

you actually managed to keep a very tight rein on your budget.

Way to go!

Edited by GnM

wow... you are good!

you actually managed to keep a very tight rein on your budget.

Way to go!

partly also cos we have some time. so we do look around. anyway it has been a great learning experience. but my quotes or sub con may not be the best around, so if u guys got better ones wheo good value, pls feel free also to post in my thread :notti:

sp far i jhave given out contacts to 4-5 forummerswho ask for them, any feedback?? :jawdrop: