Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PrinceXen

KNT IS NOT YOUR RELIABLE MOVERS

** This post serve as a warning for each and everyone of you who are thinking to use their services **

Found their credibility here & went ahead and engage their services despite having a few other moving company inclusive of helping hands, Shalom & vimbox.

Firstly, call their phone operator & got a scolding instead for not able to provide the information they asked. 
Nevremind. 

They came and assess next week, came too early . 
Never mind.

Tried to bargain for a cheaper price, end up? 
Price reduce almost 20% , worth for money i thought & hubby kept pestering for a confirmation as move is less than 2 weeks time so i went ahead with KNT.

13 out of 30 boxes of kitchen glassware all damage.
That aside, my full glass dinning set have a long crack up to 7 inch long . 

asked for compensation , after several email exchange with their office finally got a conclusion from their "manager" 
NO COMPENSATION . 

I would rather pay more to Shalom or vim instead now I've to fork out a few more thousand for a new table. 

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU ENGAGE THEM . 

Edited by PrinceXen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We share the same experience.

We have recently engaged KNT Movers to assist in our house relocation in early Mar 2019.  The KNT Team turned up really early in the morning and started the shift in an "amazing" speed. We are not sure if they were assigned a super tight schedule for the day, but they appeared to be rushing to complete the assignment :( Well, being fast may not be a bad thing, provided that all the items were handled with care. Our 50 boxes including the big electronic items were stuffed like pancake into their lorry truck. Somehow, the squeezing of the items caused our Samsung Curve TV to be damaged during the move.

Yes, KNT followed their SOP and asked us to inspect our TV before they left our new house. Little did we know that any hair-line cracks on the TV are not visible when the TV is switched-off. We obligingly "inspected" the TV and it appeared to be fine. When we switched on the TV a few hours later,  there was no image in the centre part of the TV, where the hair-line cracks were (please see pictures below which were taken when TV was turned on). We rang up KNT and highlighted this to them. KNT insisted that their movers have already asked us to inspect the TV prior to handing over and evaded liability.

After making several calls on the consecutive days following the move, KNT finally agreed to send one of the movers (Steven) over to do an on-site inspection. Likewise, the mover spent a few minutes staring at our TV screen and he was unable to detect the hair-line cracks as the TV was switched-off. We have deliberately made him do so to prove that crack lines cannot be easily detected when the TV was turned-off.  Steven then took a photo of the TV in switch-off mode and turn-on mode to capture what he has seen, but that was all! Following which, there was no further response from KNT. After a one week's wait, we rang up to demand for a reply and KNT's answer was to offer us a $100 compensation. 

This is the 3rd time we have shifted house, but our first time (and last time) with KNT. We have heard great reviews on KNT, which was why we went to them. However, it appears that their service was over-rated. A wrong decision made us lost our favourite TV! We were still watching it fine the night before... :(   

And to KNT,  please do not treat us like beggars, we do not need your $100!!!  Even if you are unable to compensate us for the value of our damaged item (> $3,000  in value), you should have owned up to your mistake and apologised for your mis-handling of our item.  Instead, all you did was to evade responsibility. 

Our two-cents worth:

If you are engaging movers to shift your TV, please remember to turn on your TV during inspection ,as hair-line cracks only showed up when the TV is switched on.

TV damaged 2.jpg

TV damaged 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

We used KNT movers when we moved last year (July 2018). We had about 20 boxes. As someone mentioned above, they came really early and shifted super fast. Upon arrival, we did find some of our furniture slightly damaged. For example, 2 of our fibre glass chairs were chipped. (For 6 years we owned them, they were in pristine condition and then this...). My camera dry cabinet had one corner slightly bent. The remote control for my standing fan lost its cover and it couldn't be found. 

We took the issue to our contact person with KNT and they did offer us some compensation. Some of the things, we decided to overlook as it was just comestic without impact to their functions. All in all, we were satisfied enough at the speed of their response and the amount of compensation. 

We really hope that KNT movers will train their guys to be more careful in the future.  

• Thanks 1

OMG it's so disastrous! Why would anybody ever call for their services if they have such a terrible attitude to their clients
I guess you should file a claim via the insurance company ( of course, if you are using the services of one). That will be the only way to get compensation for your damaged things.
And for the future , try to use reliable companies such as https://albertastrongmovers.ca/locations/red-deer/ . I got their help , not only once, but I never had any issues with those guys !!!!

On 5/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, Nadywen said:

OMG it's so disastrous! Why would anybody ever call for their services if they have such a terrible attitude to their clients
I guess you should file a claim via the insurance company ( of course, if you are using the services of one). That will be the only way to get compensation for your damaged things.
And for the future , try to use reliable companies such as https://albertastrongmovers.ca/locations/red-deer/ . I got their help , not only once, but I never had any issues with those guys !!!!

Not a bad choice.