Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bie18

Is the wall hackable

Hi..can any kind soul help me interpret from this floor plan whether the wall between the master bedroom and bedroom 2 can be hacked? It is a 30 yr old flat in bedok reservoir. Thanks!

IMG_0639_1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
16 hours ago, bie18 said:

Hi..can any kind soul help me interpret from this floor plan whether the wall between the master bedroom and bedroom 2 can be hacked? It is a 30 yr old flat in bedok reservoir. Thanks!

IMG_0639_1.jpg

The darken ( shaded ) block is a load bearing wall. We need the front photo as the plan may be misleading ,

It may be the case where there is a load bearing ' beam ' , the wall below the bean can be hacked. You will need ypour Contractor/ ID to take photos and submit plan to HDB to ask for approval

Thanks ARTnLIFE! I am not yet at the stage of engaging an ID. Got hold of the floorplan to help me decide whether to buy the resale flat. I am looking for a flat which allows me to hack between the MBR and the room next to it to form a large bedroom + walk-in closet. As I do not have an ID yet, any idea how I can get a definitive indication on whether it's the whole wall or just the beam that cannot be hacked? 

Edited by bie18

Have seen friends & had customers who had their 20~ 30 odd years unit done that.

Everyone ( ID, contractor, experienced friends etc ) can say this ar , that ar, but the procedure is thsi

1) your contractor submit the floor plan and form to HDB

2) they will reply can or cannot ( need to wait  for a week+ ?)

3) iF cannot , can appeal ( wait another week + ) and a survyer may/ may not come down to do assessment tp verify or check if got illegally do hacking

** beware ** unauthoirized hacking will cause structural damage to building, HDB will do emergency repair to building and the owner / contractor etc will be charged ! 

Thanks ARTnLiFE. No intention at all to be an irresponsible person and hack without getting the necessary approvals. Just wanted to find out at this stage how I can know for sure whether the wall can be hacked. Kinda sad someone misunderstood my intentions and downvoted my post.