Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have been a silent reader of this forum for some time in preparation of my own house (1BR condo, limited space) for next year. I notice that Taobao shopping seems to be a common cost saving way to get many items from furniture to lights. I am wondering what kind of items can be purchased off Taobao and what to avoid. I have heard different comments about using Taobao lights, some ID told me that Taobao lights will void Home Insurance if there is fire etc... 

Also if you can share with me your experience with Taobao shopping it will be great! Like things to take note of, question to ask the seller, what forwarder you guys using etc. 

Personally, I will probably be getting my lights (Aiming for some track lights and hanging lights), bathroom items, decoration pieces and chairs off taobao. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got lights, plates, cutlery, dining chairs, tables from Taobao. Easily have saved few thousand bucks from buying off Taobao than stores in Singapore...

I'm also looking at tb for lights but buying Philips n dalon like below links

我在淘宝全球发现了飞利浦轨道灯led射灯导轨射灯飞凡PAR30 20W 32W服装珠宝展会商场,一起来看!http://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=528456448818&toSite=main

我在淘宝全球发现了DALEN达伦 智能led圆形吸顶灯客厅卧室儿童房现代调色调光星空灯,一起来看!http://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=44037309171&toSite=main

Will it be safer to buy these?? Any thoughts and advise??

When is a good time to start buying especially those big stuff like sofa and table? Thinking when to start buying. Getting keys in December hopefully!

Hi megan, I think you should only buy the big furniture after you have moved in. Then you can accurately measure any dimensions or change your mind after you have decide with your interior designing. Hope this helps :)

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:35 PM, Emperorwendy said:

I was tempted to purchase at 1111 but there is really no place to put like what megannn said. 

So does anyone have knowledge if Taobao lights will void home insurance?

I think taobao lights don't have the safety mark (Singapore), therefore void home insurance.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:14 PM, casperlai said:

Hey! To those who bought from Taobao, do you guys use EzBuy Prime?

Also, how are taxes calculated? Thanks!

keen also!