Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh yeah! congrats :) Defects checking please!! 

i agree with Nakanishi! Vinyl flooring for Living room and bedroom~

Aircon shopping!! 

some DIY ideas which i found it useful! 

Hi Shaguadan

Thank you for your reply.

How much does Vinyl flooring cost?

Do you have any good air con package to share with me? Looking for system 3....

Do we do electrical/plumbing, carpentry or install aircon first?

2 minutes ago, PositiveLola said:

Hi Shaguadan

Thank you for your reply.

How much does Vinyl flooring cost?

Do you have any good air con package to share with me? Looking for system 3....

Do we do electrical/plumbing, carpentry or install aircon first?

vinyl flooring for whole house include kitchen is about $1800 for your house .

which include installation and material . 

2mm vinyl. 

2 minutes ago, PositiveLola said:

congrats on your place!

i think the first place to start is to decide on what theme you would like your place to be. Every falls into place along the way :D 

9 minutes ago, nakanishi said:

vinyl flooring for whole house include kitchen is about $1800 for your house .

which include installation and material . 

2mm vinyl. 

I shall give this a miss as my main focus now is the necessity first. Nevertheless, thanks for the quote.

First, congratulations!

I think, first you need to know what do you want to do to your house - i.e. kitchen cabinets, any carpentry in rooms/toilets, are you doing anything for your toilets, what is the design & colour scheme which you would prefer. Decide whether you want down lights, cove lights, ceiling fans etc. Minimalist also got many variations so you can actually source for inspiration photos online to get a gist of what do you prefer. List down the things you want to do, so that when you meet up with ID/Contractor, using the same list as a baseline would give a more effective price comparison.

For now, maybe you can prepare what things you want to bring to your new house when you check for defects - e.g. I'm definitely bringing mosquito repellent haha! Also prepare a checklist, so that you won't forget anything. Are you chionging to your new place immediately or are you going to find an auspicious timing to enter the house?

If you have specific ideas then you can consider engaging contractor, of course you still need to compare quotations, not all contractors are cheaper than ID though. There are many recommendations on this forum but this should not limit your choice of contractor. Some would prefer to meet on-site - it's great actually, easier to visualise but some would prefer to see your floor plan first to have a gist before meeting on-site (so as to not waste both parties' time).

I had gone through a few ID before deciding on mine and so far I'm quite satisfied with the service although I'm collecting keys only this Saturday (and he had offered to check defects with us - do check if the contractor/ID can help you check defect, after you confirm with them).

Hope that helps! :)

Haha ours not same project, mine's at Sembawang. Yours leh?

Hope you don't feel I'm lor-soh, just wanna share some views with you. For me, I feel that these are the necessities:

1. Lightings/ceiling fans - decide on your lightings/ceiling fans cos these are troublesome to change after you move in, esp false ceiling works. Basic would be 1 electrical point 1 light/ceiling fan with light.

2. Aircon - yes or no, system 2 or 3 (very important cos this decision is gonna live with you for quite some time)

3. Kitchen - do you want bottom cabinets only or top & bottom cabinets? Go shopping to see which fridge size do you want as it will also eat into the space for your cabinets. Also go see what kind of cooker and sink you like, the size also affects your kitchen cabinets. Do you need fridge base, cabinet base? Or you prefer hanging cabinets?

4. Electric heater/ gas heater/ storage heater - rain shower or no (I didn't get rain shower btw haha)

5. Do you want to do your toilets - shower kerb/ shower screen etc (I didn't do these - save money). See if you want to install bidet spray/floor spray gun in your toilet (this one usually is installation & plumbing cost)

6. Do you need washer base for your washing machine (also can go shopping see you prefer top load or front load, see the dimensions for your house)

7. Do you want to install windows in your service yard?

8. Do you want to install window grills in your house?

9. Do you want to install a door for your kitchen - if you cook frequently and going to install aircon in living room can consider.

10. Painting works for the whole house.

11. Do you need a slight raised kerb for the toilet/kitchen area so when you wash, the water won't come out? This one you need to see the real house then can decide.

12. Do also plan where you intend to place your dining table lor.. It will affect the layout of the living room and your design..

Actually a lot of things was reminded by my ID so it would be good to get opinions from the pro.

It is very kind and nice of you to share with me the above pointers slashmylove! It is indeed very useful especially for my case where I will not be engaging an ID due to budget constraints. My BTO is in Yishun estate so we are quite near!! Haha....

Do share with me any other useful pointers so I can learn and take note when doing my planning... :)