Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

Buying Lightings, Which Shops To Avoid? Which Shops You Recommend?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did do a recommend a while back... five shops in all

Dreams Lights

Lightology

... cannot remember the other two

Chelsea Lighting

do a search for my post?

was quote $18 by Light Arcade last year

cool, i thought it will cost a bomb lol....i tried to find it from the internet, quite tough menz...

Focus De Lightings

Address : 519 Balestier Rd #01-01 Le Shantier Singapore 329852

Telephone : 6256 5009

Got all my lights from them... very good service, prompt as well...

Hi, we just bought $600 worth of lights from DK Lightings.

The shop is ran by a husband and wife team, must say they are very friendly and the price is reasonable. :dunno:

$600 worth of lights includes:

2 Living room Long Lights

2 Bathroom Round Lights

3 Bedroom Dark Wood Plastic Rim Square Lights

2 Master Bedroom Wall Lights (Ice-cube Types)

2 Kitchen Round Lights

1 Kitchen Hanging Lights

Total 12 Lights, Average 50 per light

From that list, we think its quite a bargain, plus they will personally send them to you, so any problem can settle on the spot.

So for those who are interested, here's there address :

DK Lightings (Near the petrol station)

642 Geylang Road Singapore 389574

Tel : 6741 1335 Fax: 6741 1779

Took a bus no. 21 from Tampines, and alight after the City Plaza bus-stop.

Disclaimer : Trying to do a favour to those who are looking for lights, so just did a search to find all the related topics, and paste the same reply :ph34r:

Another place if you stay near north. Its Tuas Hardware Kakheng - 596 Sembawang Road. This may not be the cheapest, but its the cheaper one that I come across. Service is also good, lady SA very polite (even after we went there for four times without buying anything, she still very happy to serve us. Not pushy.)

I bought two 36Wx3 PLC lights, four 36Wx2 PLC lights, one (energy saving 10Wx3) dinning area light, four downlights (13W) at $690.

I went to a light shop at Balestier, the SA quote me a 36Wx2 PLC light at $150 after discount, but this shop retail the exact same design light at $98. After discount is $80, almost 50% cheaper!!

Lesson learn, always shop around to compare pricing. Or end up as a carrot head... :dunno:

Had a bad experience at one of the shops in Balestier, ran by a husband and wife team - Fl**** Lights.

The first time i went there I saw this mushroom light that i quite liked but din buy cos it was too early then. Wanted to look around first before buying. The lady boss was quite friendly and told us that the light just arrived a few days ago and stocks are running low... We told her we will consider first.

The second time we went, the light was still there. It was the lady boss who served us again but she didn't remember us. She told us the light was very new... just arrived a few days ago and stocks are running low. We knew she used the same sales tactic but we still bought it cos we like the lamp.

Never did we expect that the bulbs the boss gave us were too big and when the electrician installed it, the light broke... we went back with the light to ask for exchange. We walked in and pretend to be some interested customers looking at the same mushroom light. The same lady boss approached us and told us that it was very new, just arrived a few days ago. I was quite pissed off and told her that i bought the same light almost one month ago, how could it be new. She was very embarrassed at that moment, cos there were customers who overheard me. I told her what happened and ask for a new one. She replaced it for me but still ask me to top up another 2 bucks cos the bulbs she gave us were cheaper. We were quite pissed off but still pay her lah... but we told ourselves we will never step into this shop again.

Focus De Lightings

Address : 519 Balestier Rd #01-01 Le Shantier Singapore 329852

Telephone : 6256 5009

Got all my lights from them... very good service, prompt as well...

that is one of the shop i went in and i compare the lights from watt businees at 511 balestier road is far too exp in the same model....... a same model of chanderlier and rooms light price can be as high as 40% after discount

give a try to one posted at yahoo auction. hv request a quote fr them for the items i seem n like n was so happy to get a gd deal with gd price n better quality as in components as we know the designs we choose is the same.

Save me alot as i can put the $$$ in other items for the setting of my new hm...