Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Alvinkxs

Acrylic panels for main gate

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I don't have contact for the acrylic installer but would like to share with you how I did mine (DIY).

If you want to use acrylic and able to DIY, then go look for those company that make signboard. Give them the size and they can supply you (cut to size). But you will have to drill and cut the thread for the screws on your gate. I use the acrylic for my parents home. I paid about S$30 for the cut-to-size clear acrylic but after sometime, the acrylic will have scratches and crack if children bang on them.

When I did it for my own home, I decided not to use acrylic. Instead the material I use as replacement for the acrylic is the plastic corrugated sheet. Can be cut with a pen knife. Since it is plastic, it is water tolerant. It is cheap (S$9 for 80cm x 100cm size), so I can replace anytime. I bought from Popular (assorted colors available), arts & craft department. Once cut to size, I use a small screw driver to poke holes and use black cable tie to fix it to the gate.

One comment on the picture you attach is that the acrylic may be too high. Good to guard against water but if homeowner locks the gate and accidently drop the key inside (between wooden door & gate), I think most people do not have arms long enough to reach in and pick them up.

57ef4505ac74a-DIY-SplashGuard-2.JPG

Edited by w7_lee

• Like 1

On 29/09/2016 at 6:11 PM, Alvinkxs said:

Hi, anyone knows where can I get someone to install acrylic panels like this on my main gate? 

TIA!

IMG_0335.PNG

Go Yi Kwang, look for boss - Billy.

Can go art friend or spot light.....so many