Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flynnie

Anyone have experience with Invisible Grille Concept and Meridian Curtains?

Hi all,

For safety concerns, I'm considering to install invisible grille on my balcony as my kid growing up now, I;m getting quotation from 2 companies and the price are much different! Can anyone help to share the experience with them if you have any, that's helps me to make my mind. Thanks a lot!

1> Invisible Grille Concept: $7.5 / sq (www.igc.sg)

2> Meridian Curtains: $12 / sq (www.meridiancurtains.com.sg)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I'd like to ride on this discussion to understand more about the various "brands" (vendors, companies, whatever we term it :lol:) of invisible grille concept in Singapore, cos I'm also looking to install for my new house. There are:

- LeGate

- LeHome (seems same company as Legate?)

- Meridian (seems same company as Legate?)

- Invisystech

- Invisible Grille Concept (IGC) as cited by flynnie

- and more??

So, which one to go for? :rolleyes:

Cheapest Quote i get was from LeGrilles

$7.8 psf for 5yrs warranty. $6.8 psf for 3 yrs warranty.

Highest quote i got is $22 psf before GST.

Edited by tommy78

Just to share with you guys, not endorsing any company. I got quotes from Invisystech ($10psf), Le-home ($9psf), Le-gate (verbal quote around $12-$13, can't really remember now) and IGC ($7.50psf). I went for IGC since it is cheapest and they using 316 grade cable and with no small print on the coating (some company have small print on the coating which they claim can only be seen when you stand very near). My main requirement is it must be 316 grade cable, as I understand 316 is marine grade cable and should not rust easily or at all.

Some of the differences I noted from the different company
- cables from Europe, and claim to be better quality than China-make thus more expensive.
- used special plastic to tighten the cables, claim to be more durable and will not rust etc.
- grilles which can be open, as they mount around a frame.

DIdn't ask LeGrilles to quote, else probably a good savings of another $250, based on $6.80psf (if they also use 316 grade cables).

Just to add, for those planning to do invisible grille and floor (parquet) varnishing (or any dusty work). I would recommend to do floor varnishing first, coz that is a dusty work (if your contractor sand the floor). The invisible grille will collect alot of dust and is very very difficult to clean. This is from my own experience :) 

Edited by skb

Please be cautioned to all considering Legate service. I signed and paid for a package during their promotion. After which, I asked THRICE for a formal quotation to be sent but was ignored by both the sales rep as well as the official company email for a whole 2 months. 
Worst still, on the installation date, no one turned up and when I contacted them, they said they forgot to put in the installation appointment even with 3 repeated requests and reminders. 
Very chilling and bad experience. A mistake as I just noticed they have bad reviews online. Please check before you commit to Legate. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, John Nguyen said:

Please be cautioned to all considering Legate service. I signed and paid for a package during their promotion. After which, I asked THRICE for a formal quotation to be sent but was ignored by both the sales rep as well as the official company email for a whole 2 months. 
Worst still, on the installation date, no one turned up and when I contacted them, they said they forgot to put in the installation appointment even with 3 repeated requests and reminders. 
Very chilling and bad experience. A mistake as I just noticed they have bad reviews online. Please check before you commit to Legate. 

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely avoid them in the future!

Hi John ,

Thanks for sharing !

Thankfully we too did not commit to Legate.

After comparing with few vendors, My family have done our grills with Endo Grills with the new All weather cables. (impressive).