Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Daytona4130

Disappointing job and warned not to post in forum

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys, sincere apologies for late replies. Was busy with moving in and have been really busy with work so didn't have time to come in. Before I engage the ID, I did an acra search on his company just to make sure there is no legal suit or bankruptcy proceedings against it. From the acra search, I found out that the company is registered in a lady's name and he is not even listed as a director when he claimed he is the boss. This arose my suspicion as I know a bankrupt cannot be named as a company's director so I did a further check on him. That's when I found out his was sued and made a bankrupt. Not sure if he is discharged. Decided to give him a chance as he has 2 young kids to feed, wife is not working and got deceived by his excellent customer service before signing of contract. It's sad that he didn't not appreciate the chance I gave him.  Nonetheless, everything I have mentioned here is true, supported by watsapps messages, pictures and evidence so I am very certain he cannot sue me for defamation. However, by revealing his name and company, it will likely destroy his rice bowl. On the other hand, I m doing a disservice to all if I remain silent.. I m really caught in a dilemma..  what should I do? 

to me, chances and opportunities shd b given to those who work for it. if this id can't be bothered to protect his own rice bowl, y shd u bother? what excuse does he have for delivering shoddy work?  if he is a responsible family man, then all the more he shd do all he can to ensure good work is delivered so that he gets enough work to provide for his family. if he doesn't have what it takes then he shd not run a business...  for me, i will expose him. pple like him shd not b given another chance to harm others.

On 08/10/2016 at 7:23 AM, Daytona4130 said:

Just had my renovation done. absolutely disappointed with the service and quality of the work done but happy to pay off the final payment and get them out of my house asap. Didn't even bother to do a detailed handover as i have completely lost faith in the firm. The biggest joke is that they repeatedly WARNED me not to hide behind keyboard and make any posting abt their firm..  well, i told them i will share my experience and there is nothing wrong with that. 

All started well with submission / amendment of quotes and finally the signing. Replies were prompt and the ID make every effort to accommodate our timing and place to meet to talk abt his quotations. We don't make unreasonable requests and have never asked to meet at odd hours or Sundays. The ID told us weekend is his family time and we respect that. Lots of assurance from him, "don't worry", "simple job" "won't cost much".. Though the contract was drafted in very generic contract clauses, like installation of all kitchen fittings, installation of all sanitary fittings, general hacking work, instead of listing individual items,. The ID gave lots of assurance saying "don't worry, i am very gentleman one. not like other contractors. Won't say not included in contract. no black and white"  Biggest mistake to believe him.... That's where the problem begins.......  

sorry to hear about similar nightmare like mine... can u pm me the company name?

ya lor. best is to list out company name lah, reviews are important mah ...

if not, also PM id / contractor, so i can avoid