Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrixx

Buying recess area along corridor

Hi,

I am looking for a resale flat, and had found one unit I'm interested in. I'm looking to purchase the recess area long the corridor. But the problem is this: this area is not directly outside my door, but it's outside the living and bedroom windows. Please refer to the attached picture.

I have seen people putting all sorts of things along this recess area. The reason I'm thinking of buying this area is for additional privacy as I can fence up this area for the extra gap between the windows. The corridor is very wide so even if I fence it up, the walkway has still enough space.

Do you guys think whether HDB will approve?

Edited by matrixx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Few yrs back, while I looking for resale house. I come across a unit which bought over the outside recess area.

The agent told us.. the owner cannot fence it up b'coz the cleaner still hv to clean that area. and due to the recess area, the selling price is higher.

Long story short, we not interested on that recess area since cannot fence.. 

Whether HDB will approve or not.

No one will know. Only after you buy that unit, then apply, then will know approve or not

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/sale-of-recess-area

You cannot buy the space under the following conditions:

• If your flat is built after 1996 or under a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project.

1 hour ago, therat said:

Few yrs back, while I looking for resale house. I come across a unit which bought over the outside recess area.

The agent told us.. the owner cannot fence it up b'coz the cleaner still hv to clean that area. and due to the recess area, the selling price is higher.

Long story short, we not interested on that recess area since cannot fence.. 

Whether HDB will approve or not.

No one will know. Only after you buy that unit, then apply, then will know approve or not

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/sale-of-recess-area

You cannot buy the space under the following conditions:

• If your flat is built after 1996 or under a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project.

Thanks for ur inputs. Is the example of the recess area similar to mine? 

no.. not outside the window..

neigbour unit | walkway | wall

resale unit     |walkway | one pop out space[recess area] | wall