Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yukinorei

Rebuilding our Corner Terrace @ Pasir Panjang

I love your slide and fireman's pole. Wish I could have rebuilt my house. The outdoor jacuzzi on my roof terrace is a white elephant that simply consumes water and electricity. My wife wants to get rid of it to make way for more seating area, for bbqs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks! The fireman's pole was a childhood wishlist haha.

I really liked the green wall that you did for your place:) We tried really hard to work it into the budget but decided that it was better left as an add-on in the future.

Oh, if you have plans for the vertical garden in the future, make sure there is provision for:

a) water drainage - at the bottom, there should be a pond (in my case, a koi pond) or some drainage

b) a tap or water outlet - mine is at the bottom but i feel that it would have been better if at the top.

c) power points - for artificial lighting if there is insufficient sunlight 

Bathroom fittings! What a headache, totally overwhelmed by the choices. In the end, we decided against chrome fittings (cos who likes water stains!) and chose stainless steel fittings with a satin/matt finish and a black sprout for our master bath.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Yukinorei

Hi there!

The Apaiser sink looks really nice! Mind sharing how much it is?
Went to see the website and the sinks look gorgeous... need to know if within my budget before I decide if should go to the showroom.

Hi the appasier sinks are made from reclaimed marble and are matte in finish. What's interesting is that they are also able to clad the exterior in wood/seashells while retaining the marble interior:

http://selector.com/au/news/apaiser-launches-stone-and-timber-clad-haven-bath

image.jpg

The price also vary according to the size and color. The pebble stone basin (which is one of the larger models) shown in my pic above cost around $850 in all the whitish colors. If you want it in black or walnut it's around $1100. 

For smaller basin models such as orbit, it's around $600.

image.jpg

Ok so me and the wife have been shopping for furnitures for close to a year while waiting for the house to be built. And we've seen alooooooot of furniture. We went to JB and even Guangzhou to shop for furniture and finally ended up deciding to buy most of our stuff locally. 

We wanted something unique for our dining table apart from the usual wood/glass options. And after endless hours of browsing on facebook, we chanced upon an ad by martlewood which specializes in concrete furniture brought in from Vietnam. A little bit of research revealed that Vietnam is a paradise for concrete furniture lovers offering huge selections at really good prices. 

Enough of the long lead-in and on with the pics!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It depends on the feel you are going for,

I prefer the grey combi (3rd pic) as it looks more comfy, however, if you are going for the more classic clean look, the white would be best.

Thanks for the suggestions!

To be honest, we were inclined towards white as well but have concerns over how to keep it clean (jeans rubbing off, ink marks or spills). The fabric can't be removed for washing, so its very difficult to maintain. The next choice was the grey combi in the 3rd pic...but then we have concerns about how grey the whole living room feels (with the cement floor and concrete dining set and whatnot). Ugh...headache man. If anyone have experience with white sofas that they can share, please do!

Anyways, so we did some more shopping over the weekend. We chanced upon this B&O A9 speaker that was on display at a furniture store and fell in love with it. Apart from the killer looks (to us anyways), the sound actually filled the whole furniture showroom which was pretty **** huge. Turns out the price was eye popping as well...sigh. And the piece that was on display at the furniture store was a limited edition with a denim cover and brass trim which was sexy as **** and the sales rep was adamant that B&O don't do sales.

Thankfully we didn't buy that sales rep talk and googled only to find that B&O was having an annual sale at their showroom last weekend! We just took that as a sign for us to splurge on the **** thing and drove down on Sunday. We managed to get the display set (black version) at 20% discount! Now happily shopping for custom covers at this 3rd party site: https://www.skiniplay.com/7-beoplay-a9 

We were thinking of choosing some pop arts/anime designs to give some color to the living room :) hope it works out well!

B-O-BeoPlay-A9_article_full_image.pngmaxresdefault.jpg