Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

13 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

super beautiful home! looks real soothing and pleasing to the eye!

Thank you both!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
17 minutes ago, foo said:

hi, can you share the price of the hob and hood and where you bought from? Thanks.

The hob and hood were bought from Kah Hock Trading and Repairer. Please call them for prices. i shouldn't share it online.

5 hours ago, spvanan said:

nicely done! ur dining table is what im looking for.. may i know shop name & price? thx

Thanks. It's from ethnicraft. The prices are on their website. I bought the extendable one as I like having dinner parties. :)

What a relaxing weekend. I decided to share some not so nice updates. One of my led light decided to stop working and I called the shop that sold me. They told me I have to pay $50 for them to come down to replace it. To me, I don't understand why I need to pay more for rectification of a faulty piece. I really regret not getting these through my main contractor as he would have changed it for me FOC. Even now he told me he can install it for me FOC... but I need to take it out and exchange it myself. 

On a light note, I decided to put my terranium on the bench for a photo. The bench turned out to be a good idea for bag storage. My son and daughter each have a bag, we have a diaper bag and my own work bag. Can hide all nicely in a black ikea box under the bench 

IMG_9574.PNG

sorry to hear that, on a brighter side at least you'll be able to get an exchange. i will be buying my lightings from taobao so praying to the lighting gods that they will work, at least majority of them. 

btw could you pm me your contractor? thanks!!

On 3/30/2017 at 6:56 PM, Taimi said:

Hi there ! Are you not worried that liquids will seep through the gaps in your herf and start to accumulate between the cement screed and your herf resulting in mould growth and whatnot? 

Vinyl flooring are waterproof and scratch resistant! Its not the same as laminate or hard wood (parquet) flooring

58 minutes ago, fi5hbone said:

Haha, it's butterpaperstudio right? Saw your house on their blog!

Haha yeah. In short BPS.

On 15/10/2016 at 12:01 AM, mamit said:

Hello renotalk world,

We are finally getting our keys soon. 

We decided to get an ID to do the reno even though we deem ourselves pretty hands on. Just wanted someone to coordinate the project in case we get busy.

Talk to 4 ID firms over the last month and we have decided on our ideal choice.

Anyone has experience doing this?

We picked the most expensive quote and the ID with least experience. Reason is we like the company's design  a lot and their carpentry work looks good. hopefully everything will turn out well.

Here is our floor plan. budget is 40000 but going to burst it.

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.17.12 PM.png

Hi, your home reno looks great! I have the same layout as yours and i’m also keen to engage BPS! Will you be able to share on your experience with them as an ID? Thanks!