Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 29/11/2016 at 5:47 PM, mamit said:

Hi Renotalkers,

Did a lot of shopping due to the discounts and sales going on. I am probably one of the few who bought stuff even before key collection, but the sale is too good to miss. 

For electronics, we picked:

1. Fujioh FSJ 900 because of the good review on Renotalk and even the electronics shop recommended this for oily cooking.

2. Rinnai RB2CG inner burner hob - made in japan. Really powerful that can give wok hei according to most people

3. Mitsubishi MR F47EG Fridge - always heard should go Japanese and Mitsubishi also well reviewed by my MIL who is a housewife for 30 years.

4. Bosch builtin oven and microwave - HBN331E1K and HMT84G654B - bit the nail to buy this....

5. Panasonic top load washer NAF90X1 

6. Dryer haven't decide. heat pump condenser so good but so expensive.

I also got a very good deal. better than most big chain electronics.

Furniture also buy. hahah got 20% off.

Don't wish to divulge where I bought the furniture but here are the photos.

the dining chair is charcoal grey....hmm goes so well with the teak table!

Sofa.png

Letter.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 3.03.25 PM.png

Dining Chair.png

Hi do you mind to share how much you paid for Fujioh FSJ900?

On December 9, 2016 at 3:24 PM, niel85 said:

looking really nice :)

Thanks guys. Yeah standard white brown and grey theme. The problem is keeping it minimalist and not over decorating!

anyway I bought my grohe sanitary fittings today from insani24.de. Bought the eurostyle cosmopolitan series for Kitchen and bathroom.

another bomb to my pocket. I will advise people to explore the bank transfer option. The pay pal option charges additional 5% And their exchange rate sucks. I Guess I was too impulsive! 

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 10.02.00 PM.png

Edited by mamit

On 09/12/2016 at 5:25 PM, mamit said:

Thanks guys. Yeah standard white brown and grey theme. The problem is keeping it minimalist and not over decorating!

anyway I bought my grohe sanitary fittings today from insani24.de. Bought the eurostyle cosmopolitan series for Kitchen and bathroom.

another bomb to my pocket. I will advise people to explore the bank transfer option. The pay pal option charges additional 5% And their exchange rate sucks. I Guess I was too impulsive! 

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 10.02.00 PM.png

5% addtl charge and exchange rate = ouch! :bangwall:

1 hour ago, cancan83 said:

nice progress! can you pls pm your ID? thank you!

Hi and to all who asked regarding my ID, we chose butter paper studio. I will edit this post after I get some material from them.

I will also write up on the reason for my choice.

36 minutes ago, mamit said:

Hi and to all who asked regarding my ID, we chose butter paper studio. I will edit this post after I get some material from them.

will look forward for your feedback. thank you.

5 hours ago, vxnne said:

hey . im still waiting for my keys collection too! how long was your archi stage to keys collection?

Hi, what do you mean archi stage?

On 12/12/2016 at 4:36 PM, mamit said:

So we have seen a total of 5 IDs. 4 of which I chose based on photo scanning and set up an appointment.

I don't really like to critique other ID firms because what does not suit me, might suit someone else. However, I should comment that in general, I find this line of business rather poorly regulated and that few ID are true designers who take pride in what they do. Due to this bias I have, I was quite fast in making my decision in eliminating ID firms.

1. How to tell if the ID you are talking to is a sales rep/actual designer...

Ask them to draw out what they propose on the spot. Most true designers would not have a problem drawing a decent looking kitchen or built-in cabinet in 3D on the spot. If what they drew out looks amateurish or something you can draw, most likely that person is just a sales rep or extremely inexperienced.

2. How to tell if the ID has adequate experience/just a kah-kia to someone more experienced.

Most ID work for big firms who have very nice websites and portfolio. It might be useful to ask them to tell you which of the projects in the website did they do. To save effort and time, when approaching the ID firm, you might want to directly find the ID who was in charge of the projects you like. Sometimes, the person you meet might be an understudy or a pao-tui. Nothing wrong with giving someone young a chance, but if that is not what you are looking for, sometimes it is best to ask directly if they are the pao-tui. Some signs of evidence are comments like "let me get back to you" or "let me check before I confirm".

3. Most importantly, the ID to me should be contactable/respond when messaged.

As a pretty busy individual myself, I make an effort to respond to emails at work. Even when I am unable to comment on something, I will always acknowledge receipt of a mail. As a result, I do not understand why some ID simply do not respond. one day is fine, 3 days maybe and anything more I think is ridiculous. This is something that I cannot tolerate. IT will be adequate for them to just say "give me some time to respond, but I have received your message." instead of just not replying.

4. ID firms that have many condo projects.

This might be important for us BTO folks. A lot of condos come with concealed piping/false ceiling and even air con. So if you are drawn to the portfolio of certain ID, just make sure they have the expertise in handling HDB BTO. Some ID I talk to, did not even know what is allowed by HDB and what is not. If you are on top of such things, then I guess it is fine. IF not, you might be due for some unpleasant surprise when reno starts.

5. ID firms who keep trying to Xian me with their discounts.

I don't ever believe any discount in the service line is a real discount. If they give you a waive of design fee, they must be earning from you somewhere else, or during the reno process, adding things to the quote. There is always fine line written somewhere. 

I hope the above advice helps. Again this is based on my own requirement. If I am going to spend 40-50 k on reno, I want a **** good reno process.

I will write more on why I chose BPS in a later post.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mamit said:

Hi, what do you mean archi stage?

Hi . architect stage . Like those planting . Or rather. after finish painting of the block . how long did u wait before u collect the keys?