Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

2 hours ago, vxnne said:

Hi . architect stage . Like those planting . Or rather. after finish painting of the block . how long did u wait before u collect the keys?

Months!! I think once u get notification to reassess your HLE, keys will come in around 1 month

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
20 hours ago, mamit said:

Months!! I think once u get notification to reassess your HLE, keys will come in around 1 month

Haha! cannot wait anymore! totally no idea approx how long more to go ~ 

in your first post, you mentioned that one of the reason you chosen this ID is because of their workmanship. My question is, do you really view each of the ID's project and their work while in the processing of choosing which ID to sign off?

We are in the midst of getting ID soon, so would like to get some thought from experience ppl. =)

16 minutes ago, ngchehyun said:

in your first post, you mentioned that one of the reason you chosen this ID is because of their workmanship. My question is, do you really view each of the ID's project and their work while in the processing of choosing which ID to sign off?

We are in the midst of getting ID soon, so would like to get some thought from experience ppl. =)

Before I confirm, I would definitely request to go view an ongoing project to Ensure the workmanship is there.

since I decided to go with BPS, I did not go down to see as Jay was very honest about his contractor. Also confirming with BPS does not mean you need to take the contractor he uses. I can choose on my own.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, vxnne said:

Haha! cannot wait anymore! totally no idea approx how long more to go ~ 

Hi Vxnne,

I completely understand your excitement. I have gone on renotalk since 2012 after I successfully balloted my flat. Have been popping in to read reviews and comments. Just to learn from the community. I have also flip flop on so many themes, starting out as a scandi lover to now minimalism. I realize minimalism is still the most Nai4 kan4 but also the hardest to achieve. Its just so tempting to decorate and personalize the house. And believe it or not, minimalism to me is actually quite expensive to achieve. kind of paradoxical.

Ok. So I promised a post on Jay and BPS. 

My comments for below is based on just pre-reno experience since the actual reno has not started.

So I went to visit Jay after I have visited the 4 IDs. and frankly, I wasn't 100% satisfied with the 4 of them and was quite drained by the process (I am still impressed by some fellow renotalkers who can visit 20 IDs). All of the IDs had some red flags. At a stage, I even came to justify if I can accept those red flags, and looking back, I am glad I didn't. I think one's intuition is quite important and if a certain ID raised a red flag during the process, it might be necessary to address them. 

When I met BPS, I was very impressed by his knowledge. I deliberately went in with questions that other ID cannot give me firm answers on, and he was able to answer all of them. this was already a big plus point. I then went on to show him some pictures that inspired me, and he was able to draw it out on paper very accurately and neatly after looking at the picture for 1 second. Another plus point came when we were discussing carpentry, and Jay was able to explain to me the pros and cons of the contractor he is working with.

Based on these 3 points, I made my decision to choose them. I received the layout and base plans and carpentry drawings. Very impressed by the level of detail that goes into this work especially with electrical planning and where we should put the lights.

Below is my 2D layout, and a glimpse of the detailed electrical works.Hope to share the 3D soon. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.03.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.03.46 AM.png

4 hours ago, darknite said:

hi Mamit! my floor plan is the same as yours, although my TOP is 2Q2017 zzz. Eagerly waiting for your updates!:)

Hi Darknite, 

yeah we got the 3D rendering. waiting for version 2 before showing.

also done with HDB rectification. I thought I will never be done with that.

decided to update on some of my buys.

bought the white track light from three cubes.com.sg. They carry megaman brand and I am going to put 3 per 1.5 m track. 9 in total. got a small discount from the boss. 

Since I am not doing any false ceiling, I am eyeing these lights from phylux for the toilets and kitchen. Also the nice cylindrical light for entrance light, hallway light. Haven't bought yet but 90% sure.

I also bit the nail and bought the following concrete lamp online. I have searched for such a concrete lamp for v long but I could never find a decent-looking one in Singapore shops. I even went to Taobao to search, but nada. Most of them just looks cheap but are not priced cheap. I hope the one  I chose will go nicely with the teak table I showed in my 1st page and cement screed wall as background.

Children's room haven't decided what light. Maybe philips? the boss at three cubes showed me one that has a night mode, 1W only. This is quite important especially for young kids who are scared of complete darkness. anyone got good review for this?

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 6.17.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 6.19.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 6.20.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 6.24.33 PM.png

11 hours ago, jaiyerika said:

Very nice layout mamit☺ay iask where did yoj egt the lighting?

which light are u talking about? i wrote where I bought them.

3 hours ago, powerlee said:

hello mamit, do you mind sharing your shortlisted IDs before you ended up with BPS? goodluck with your reno!

PM sent

On December 27, 2016 at 6:13 PM, darknite said:

hi Mamit! my floor plan is the same as yours, although my TOP is 2Q2017 zzz. Eagerly waiting for your updates!:)

updated/////////

Got the 3D renders back from BPS. Version 2 is really what I like and looked for in a minimalistic theme. And I must thank BPS for changing it together with me.

here are the photos.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.37.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.37.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.37.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.37.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.37.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.36.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 9.36.45 PM.png