Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello all! Happy new year 2017.

anyway we got HDB to do the screed for us and the contractor actually worked on 1st Jan!

Thanks Jay as well for going down to discuss on the height and how much more screed is needed on top of the standard 40 mm.Good thing the thunderstorm last night did not affect the screed even though the windows were wide open! 

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.11.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.11.32 PM.png

To update, I have bought all the lights i need for my house.

1st was the track light from three cube.com.sg

2nd was my pendant concrete light

and now I bought the rest from phylux. All 3 bed rooms will use the same ceiling light AZtech which has the 1W night light option (PIC #1). Quite useful for kids i think. 2nd one is for the two toilets. Very nice when lit up. like a moon. The bigger model for kitchen and service yard. 3rd one is for my corridor walkway. 4th one for my main door entrance. All white. The sales rep from Phylux game me some discount too. Just some comments during my journey of window shopping. I don't understand how those shops along a certain road in Singapore can survive, as their mark up is really v high. In this day and age of taobao, i think its harder to rely on old business models and strategy. Customers are getting very savvy and know how to make the best out of the buck.

As to why I didn't consider taobao, not cause I have too much $. It is cause I am scared of the reliability, cable connection issues and so on in the long run. I prefer peace of mind.

ok let the pictures talk. I like the simple look of these lights.

IMG_7702.JPG

IMG_7705.JPG

IMG_7704.JPG

IMG_7708.JPG

Yes renovation has started. Hacking of kitchen wall has commenced. ah Heng really pulled it off using laser to cut the tiles before hacking. This is to avoid chipping or damaging tiles at the cut out to save on money and wastage. My pictures can't tell but when I look closeup the tiles really cut as well as they possibly can be cut. Smooth some more. And even better the site was clean and free of debris.

Also went down to sin lek to pick out tiles. Sin Lek is not the common hafary or soon beenhuat. Actually I tried those two first but their grey tiles not many selection. Sin Lek is like made for grey lovers. They have all shades of grey, hmm 50 shades? No but seriously they have any shade of grey u can find, except u will be so tempted by the European tiles. Decided on the blue gray one for kitchen and the nice spotty gray one for toilet. Jays choice for the toilet floor.

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8105.JPG

IMG_8106.JPG

IMG_8116.PNG

IMG_8194.PNG

Edited by mamit

54 minutes ago, mamit said:

Yes renovation has started. Hacking of kitchen wall has commenced. ah Heng really pulled it off using laser to cut the tiles before hacking. This is to avoid chipping or damaging tiles at the cut out to save on money and wastage. My pictures can't tell but when I look closeup the tiles really cut as well as they possibly can be cut. Smooth some more. And even better the site was clean and free of debris.

Also went down to sin lek to pick out tiles. Sin Lek is not the common hafary or soon beenhuat. Actually I tried those two first but their grey tiles not many selection. Sin Lek is like made for grey lovers. They have all shades of grey, hmm 50 shades? No but seriously they have any shade of grey u can find, except u will be so tempted by the European tiles. Decided on the blue gray one for kitchen and the nice spotty gray one for toilet. Jays choice for the toilet floor.

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8105.JPG

IMG_8106.JPG

IMG_8116.PNG

nice selection of tiles! 

Hello all

cny break is over. This is probably the first time I wish cny is over faster.

ah heng started work today at the toilet. Building the shower alcove and v nicely the aircon drainage is hidden in the alcove. His worker still there at 6 plus.

Also my concrete lamp is here!! Was very excited at first and impressed with the texture and surface which really looks the same as online. However the final color is not even close to the blue grey I wanted. Was I upset?At first, but then after that Not really. they won't refund me or send me another anyway.I guess grey is still in line with my theme.

IMG_8482.PNG

IMG_8481.PNG

IMG_8480.PNG

Edited by mamit

Kitchen original entrance has been sealed up today. The alcove structure is complete for both toilets. Original toilet bowl is removed and drilling for trunking complete. 

IMG_8501.PNG

IMG_8500.PNG

IMG_8502.PNG

IMG_8503.PNG

IMG_8504.PNG

hi all,

nothing much to update, so decided to share my aircon trunking layout. 

i was advised to do 2 condensers, one for living room and the other for 3 bedrooms. Reason was i wanted to put the living room aircon at the top of the walkway...so ah heng says need power one. Also if I don't use 2 condensers, then i can't on all 4 air-cons at once. Which is actually ok, cause i don't normally on living room air con unless friends come over. 

Decided to go with 1 condenser to 4 air con. Originally I mapped out the shortest path but was told if i were to squeeze all the gas pipe into one trunk, the trunk is going to be the mother of all trunks, ie. very fat and thick. So the layout was suggested by ah heng and jay, which I am quite happy with.

most importantly, the drainage from all air con units goes into my shower alcove and into my shower area without an ugly PVC piper exposed. I think all the trunking will be boxed up next.

photos in order:

1) layout

2) middle room

3) air con ledge

4) 1st bedroom

5) masterbed room

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.10.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.15.47 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-02-11_at_9_16.28_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.16.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.16.38 PM.png

Edited by mamit