Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Home Sweet Home

super tired....

now rushing a paper by 4 and then tonight we're going down with the spray paint people to check out the toilets

cantona7 - yeah, jan's main concern is the kitchen. and the toilets. weird huh?

mace, thanks for helping jan out. she called me and told me how helpful you were. cheers!

odie - tiring sia. dunno whether or not it's a good thing, but jan and i seem to be way too decisive. we took only 10 mins to pick out all our lights. scared next time will regret. heh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

its quite ok actually... if u know what u like, its quite fast one lor..

our lights also quite.. long because i dont really like the designs.. those i like ones are way over our budget.. :bangwall:

even our selection of tiles very fast... so dont worry so much.. i think if something looks weird, ur ID should be able to advise u accordingly... zz that is what ID is for zz

Sorry for my absence.. I can finally log on cos my bosses are out of the office, for now anyway.

Yep, thanks Mace for the contact. Thanks also to Air and all the advise given regarding spray painting.

We're very concerned about the toilets cos we feel that it makes or breaks the look of the house. But all the options are quite expensive!

Very tired over the weekend, brought kenmura's mum to see, my parents to see, rush down to start the electricity supply and today going to meet David at the flat again.

Luckily our lights are settled, got one of our favourite dining lights at a good price! Thanks to Jimmy for his recommendation, he came down to geylang just to help us along.

Does anybody have a quote from Hong Tar aircon for system 3 with 22k, 9k, 9k BTU? The best price we have so far is $2550, but heard so much about them from here. Any experiences to share as well regarding Hong Tar's service and prices?? ;P

Sorry for my absence.. I can finally log on cos my bosses are out of the office, for now anyway.

Yep, thanks Mace for the contact. Thanks also to Air and all the advise given regarding spray painting.

We're very concerned about the toilets cos we feel that it makes or breaks the look of the house. But all the options are quite expensive!

Very tired over the weekend, brought kenmura's mum to see, my parents to see, rush down to start the electricity supply and today going to meet David at the flat again.

Luckily our lights are settled, got one of our favourite dining lights at a good price! Thanks to Jimmy for his recommendation, he came down to geylang just to help us along.

Does anybody have a quote from Hong Tar aircon for system 3 with 22k, 9k, 9k BTU? The best price we have so far is $2550, but heard so much about them from here. Any experiences to share as well regarding Hong Tar's service and prices?? ;P

Mine is Mitsubishi Multi split inverter heavy industries cost $2,480. Workmanship nt bad, so far no problem.

Touch wood. !!

Mine is Mitsubishi Multi split inverter heavy industries cost $2,480. Workmanship nt bad, so far no problem.

Touch wood. !!

Thank you! Wow that price is very good.

Sigh, in the end didn't get to meet the spray paint man cos we were late for the appointment. We got lost on the way to our flat!

Jia lat, not familiar with the small roads in JW la.

By the way, has anyone heard of cement screeding or plastering over the tiles in the toilet for an industrial look? We were thinking maybe can paint it after that as well... Instead of overlaying, hacking or painting?

Thank you! Wow that price is very good.

Sigh, in the end didn't get to meet the spray paint man cos we were late for the appointment. We got lost on the way to our flat!

Jia lat, not familiar with the small roads in JW la.

By the way, has anyone heard of cement screeding or plastering over the tiles in the toilet for an industrial look? We were thinking maybe can paint it after that as well... Instead of overlaying, hacking or painting?

Hey Ken, if u r thinking of screeding over tile for the toilet, no need to paint as the contactor can mix in the colour before sceeding.. For spray paint over tiles, not recommended for floor tile and toilet bowls/basin..

Hey Ken, if u r thinking of screeding over tile for the toilet, no need to paint as the contactor can mix in the colour before sceeding.. For spray paint over tiles, not recommended for floor tile and toilet bowls/basin..

Hi Ben, thanks for your advice! Did you do cement screeding for your toilets? Any idea how much it should cost?

We're weighing our options now before committing to anything you see...

No i did not so not sure of cost but so not be high.. a friend of mine did for his living and kitchen floor.. very smooth and cooling..

Congrats to Kenmura and janyen for being officially owners of your own house. My aircon also from Hong Tar, Mitsubishi heavy industries Inverter 4, cost 3380, same model as Cantona7. Good workmanship and no problem so far.

Hi Ben, thanks for your advice! Did you do cement screeding for your toilets? Any idea how much it should cost?

We're weighing our options now before committing to anything you see...

Cement Screeding is definitely cheaper but personally I prefer Tiles cos of easy maintenance. !!

Another HT user here too.. mine is system 3 inverter 2880 ... so far so good...

parents using HT for 3 years now.. no problems at all.. they are :notti:

cement screeding over the kitchen tiles is not bad as i saw from my neighbour place also quite nice.. i think the price is much cheaper the overlaying? !! maybe an option u can look into..

Another HT user here too.. mine is system 3 inverter 2880 ... so far so good...

parents using HT for 3 years now.. no problems at all.. they are :P

cement screeding over the kitchen tiles is not bad as i saw from my neighbour place also quite nice.. i think the price is much cheaper the overlaying? :lol: maybe an option u can look into..

ya...cheaper.

for my kitchen:

cement : $900.00

tiles : $2400.00

but still choose tiles cos HDB TO warns after 5yrs or so starts to have water leakage marks, cement wall wet wet :P

yeah my ID did suggest that method too.. but was thinking to save that cement screeding cost for other things.. dont like the tiles also can live by it.. as long they dont pop.. *close my eyes* hahaha :P

at least the kitchen cabinet colours look ok.. :P hee hee :D

yeah my ID did suggest that method too.. but was thinking to save that cement screeding cost for other things.. dont like the tiles also can live by it.. as long they dont pop.. *close my eyes* hahaha :P

at least the kitchen cabinet colours look ok.. :P hee hee :D

lol

trouble is that jan really cannot stand our toilet tiles, both on the floor and on the wall.

So we're now considering the 3 options -

1)Cement screed over with a diff. colour

2)Overlay of tiles

3)Spray paint

1)Cement screed over with a diff. colour

need to pay for PAINTS + SEALER, apart from the $$$ for cement screeding + waterproofing(need to check whether overall price includes waterproofing or not).

2)Overlay of tiles

this is the worst option, if there is any hollow old tiles....the new tiles will POP one by one.

plus your wall becomes thicker, flooring becomes higher.

3)Spray paint

the cheapest option availiable which i see has the least disadvantage.

4) hack and tile

most expensive, only disadvantage is the $$$ :D