Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Home Sweet Home

Oh thanks! That's a good price to pay rather than the PUB bill every month so ex.. Installation get contractor to do is it?

Poo Joo? Where's that? Do they also sell fridge washing machine etc? Yesterday went down to Hong Liang and Thomson at the Bukit Merah area, the prices not bad. Thanks to forummers recommendations :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh thanks! That's a good price to pay rather than the PUB bill every month so ex.. Installation get contractor to do is it?

Poo Joo? Where's that? Do they also sell fridge washing machine etc? Yesterday went down to Hong Liang and Thomson at the Bukit Merah area, the prices not bad. Thanks to forummers recommendations !!

waterheater installation need to get your contractor to do, plus all the piping.

www.pohjoo.com.sg

for fridge,washingmachine, hob, stove, nx time try Aikleong(alexandra village), their prices are around $40-$100 cheaper than those u see in bestdenki.

one item save $40, 5 items $200 liao!:dancingqueen:

their billing got problem, got a rich fren who went for 3.5 weeks vacation with whole family.

nobody at home for 3.5 weeks, when they returned, gas bill is more than previous mth!:)

now WHO the heck uses the gas?

similiar thing happenned to neighbours, have yet to come across relative/friends who didnt kpkb on the gas billing. Best thing is - not just me, even my wife"'s relative/friends got problem with the gas billing, always overcharge.

to rich pple, of cos $50-$100 means nothing. but to workingclass like me, every dollar counts.

Is the high cost because PUB did an estimate for that month they were away? Think the meter is not read every month, so on alternate months they do an estimate based on your past trends and consumption and actualise the bill when they read the meter the following month...

Is the high cost because PUB did an estimate for that month they were away? Think the meter is not read every month, so on alternate months they do an estimate based on your past trends and consumption and actualise the bill when they read the meter the following month...

yeah, tell me about it.

Jan and i are staying in a rented flat now. in our very first month here, I admit we went a BIT overboard. Excited at staying together mah. had friends over every night, watch football till morning everyday, aircon turned on almost 24/7, mahjong... you get the idea. The electricity bill came and it was bloody $200!:P but that one is our fault so no one to blame but ourselves.

We then learnt our lesson next month and cut down by so much - but who knew that the bloody PUB was going to ESTIMATE our bill for that month, so they probably thought that we were going to use that much AGAIN. and our bill came up to $200. AGAIN! :)zzzz No way to dispute.

Only during the 3rd month did our bill come up to $70

congrats :P

thx ans!

yours is starting soon!

pity you and the others are living in a different part of JW...

so sad.

Jan and I are like outsiders. zzzz

Got our aircon system yesterday!

I know that HongTar is super recommended by forummers in here so we went down... but although they were really nice and friendly, their prices were a bit...ex

So in the end we bought it from Best Tech in IMM.

Toshiba Inverter Sys 3 - 22000 BTU for living room, 2 x 9000 BTU for the two bedrooms. (Mahjong room I already have a Carrier window aircon. Good enough.)

Cost - $2600. :)

Heheh...wah, horror stories here! :P Me kaypoh a bit. Hello, Jan...welcome :)

My current place uses gas heater and gas pipe, but my electricity bill per month is only abt $80-120 per month, depending on usage/ estimation. zz

IMHO: pipe gas is a little more expensive 'cos $22 LPG seem to last and last a very long time. But, you get more cabinet space.

For electricals, hob and hood, Hong Liang, Goh Ah Bee, Everjoint, Mega, Audio House, Poh Joo-hob/hood,... Think the most efficient way is actually to call them for the price if you know exactly what you want...cut out the leg work zz After you get the best price, call back another shop and see if they can better your best price zz.

Bloody angry!

Got awoken this morning by a very flustered Jan who called me, telling me something about how the ID and the contracters kenna locked out of our JW flat.

(Jan can't speak mandarin well)

So i called up our ID and asked him exactly what was going on.

(You see, currently, we're using a bicycle chain and padlock on our front gate and the key is hidden behind our gas meter. ID's idea. Cause we cannot give them a duplicate copy of the key mah and they've used this method many times. In any case, nothing inside to steal, so i said ok)

He told me that SOMEBODY HAD REMOVED THE BICYCLE CHAIN AND PADLOCK AND PUT ON A BRAND NEW PADLOCK IN ITS PLACE.

Which is weird, cause Jan and I just went down to inspect last night around 8+. Everything was still fine. Which means that SOMEONE came back after we left to change the padlock secretly.

BUT WHY??? Why would a total stranger want to do that? He gains nothing from doing this what! Other than the satisfaction of seeing us all frustrated and flustered.

Harmless prank or outright vandalism? Was someone hoping to steal stuff, not knowing that it is an empty flat?

I'm seriously pissed. This 'prank' has caused my men to be unable to start work because nobody can now go in. They'll be hacking this padlock later, but because there's no lights in my place, this has caused a slight delay.

If I find that f****r who did this......

:dancingqueen::bangwall::unsure:8|:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Bloody angry!

Got awoken this morning by a very flustered Jan who called me, telling me something about how the ID and the contracters kenna locked out of our JW flat.

(Jan can't speak mandarin well)

So i called up our ID and asked him exactly what was going on.

(You see, currently, we're using a bicycle chain and padlock on our front gate and the key is hidden behind our gas meter. ID's idea. Cause we cannot give them a duplicate copy of the key mah and they've used this method many times. In any case, nothing inside to steal, so i said ok)

He told me that SOMEBODY HAD REMOVED THE BICYCLE CHAIN AND PADLOCK AND PUT ON A BRAND NEW PADLOCK IN ITS PLACE.

Which is weird, cause Jan and I just went down to inspect last night around 8+. Everything was still fine. Which means that SOMEONE came back after we left to change the padlock secretly.

BUT WHY??? Why would a total stranger want to do that? He gains nothing from doing this what! Other than the satisfaction of seeing us all frustrated and flustered.

Harmless prank or outright vandalism? Was someone hoping to steal stuff, not knowing that it is an empty flat?

I'm seriously pissed. This 'prank' has caused my men to be unable to start work because nobody can now go in. They'll be hacking this padlock later, but because there's no lights in my place, this has caused a slight delay.

If I find that f****r who did this......

:dancingqueen::bangwall::unsure:8|:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Super anxious now.. Feel kinda unsafe leh. Who's spying on us??

Can anybody recommend a cheap and good alarm system? Other than putting our dog(s) there, which I think its quite cruel at this point lah

Super anxious now.. Feel kinda unsafe leh. Who's spying on us??

Can anybody recommend a cheap and good alarm system? Other than putting our dog(s) there, which I think its quite cruel at this point lah

freaks! could be some idiotic neighbours who find the reno causing too much noise.

go buy a dummy security camera at simlim and paste it above your door.

freaks! could be some idiotic neighbours who find the reno causing too much noise.

go buy a dummy security camera at simlim and paste it above your door.

neighbours? possible.

but why is the reno disturbing them?

WE HAVN'T EVEN STARTED RENO PROPER AS YET!:dancingqueen: ONLY ELECTRICAL WORK!!

tw@ts.... this kind of thing is forcing my long-supressed beng side out.... :lol::P

neighbours? possible.

but why is the reno disturbing them?

WE HAVN'T EVEN STARTED RENO PROPER AS YET!:dancingqueen: ONLY ELECTRICAL WORK!!

tw@ts.... this kind of thing is forcing my long-supressed beng side out.... :lol::P

Suspect it's a prank. Have you asked your neighbours if they had seen anyone suspicious? For him/her to replace the lock, i would have expected them to take pliers or whatever to cut the existing lock. Such action would be quite obvious that they are up to something....probably your neighbours walking past your unit would have noticed something...

Suspect it's a prank. Have you asked your neighbours if they had seen anyone suspicious? For him/her to replace the lock, i would have expected them to take pliers or whatever to cut the existing lock. Such action would be quite obvious that they are up to something....probably your neighbours walking past your unit would have noticed something...

No mate, no chance to ask as yet. But will do so this evening.

You're probably right. Coz Jan and I left around 10 - so the question is, who could be so boliao as to do all this around 11+ or even later?

:dancingqueen::lol:

No mate, no chance to ask as yet. But will do so this evening.

You're probably right. Coz Jan and I left around 10 - so the question is, who could be so boliao as to do all this around 11+ or even later?

:dancingqueen::lol:

Have you seen anyone suspicious loitering around your unit lately? This bugger must have observed that you changed your lock and I suspect that he/she might have observing u guys for quite sometime.

Actually, neighbours are a high possibility especially you've got nasty ones, but then it's too early to judge too...

I guess because the estate is so quiet that's why it's easy for the person to do such a thing.

I only hope there wasn't anything serious done inside, otherwise will have to report it to the police.

I think buying a security camera is a good suggestion. Is it ex? Difficult to install?

Sigh :dancingqueen: