Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
osiris7777

Our First Reno Journey

17 hours ago, Stream said:

What is the purpose of this conversion? Does it mean I can use Ethernet cable to connect my PC to the point, instead of relying on the wifi connection. Any other equipment need to be installed other than what the ISP provide? I'm technically challenged :P

Also, can PM me your contractor. Tks.

Hi,

Yes as you have mention, after the conversion you can use ethernet cable to connect to your PC, smart tv, NAS etc. without overloading your wifi network.

According to my contractor, all new BTO come with cat 6 cable but were used for telephone line. So by changing the telephone jack to network RJ45 we can convert all telephone line to lan point. This has nothing to do with ISP provider and I believe no additional equipment is needed. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, very useful blog. Can u pm me your shortlisted Contractors plus the Contractors u have signed up with.

also the Taobao links which u used. Any compliance issues in terms of safety if we use electrical stuffs from China?

On 10/22/2016 at 0:26 AM, osiris7777 said:

Buying fan in JB

Alot of t-bloggers mention they bought their fan in JB which is much cheaper as compare with the price here in Singapore. Therefore it's a no brainer that we should also purchase our fan in JB. So the next day morning, we drove all the way to JB to buy our fan. I have not drove to JB for quite sometime and I didn't know that nowadays the weekend traffic going in to JB can be so bad... We were stuck in traffic for close to 2 hrs just to clear singapore and malaysia custom.

Luckily the return traffic was not as bad cos we decided to come out early to avoid the jam.

When singaporean go JB to buy fan, usually they will go to tampoi lighting. We decided not to go tampoi lighting cos their pricing is much higher as compare with other shops selling fan in JB. Our friend recommend us to this shop, HT lighting at Bandar Baru Permas Jaya instead. Indeed the pricing is cheaper by a few hundred ringgit as compare with Tampoi lighting for the same fan.

We purchased 2 fans, one for master room and one for living room.

Master room fan - White vento fino

fino 2 WH-600x600.jpg

Living room fan - Aeratron AE3 black

fan.JPG

When we finished our purchase, it's about lunch time therefore we scout around the area for our lunch. Found this korean restaurant and decided to give it a try. Was surprise to see some korean dinners inside the restaurant and I tell my wife, I think the food here should be good. Indeed the food is pretty good and affordable. We order their set lunch for 2 persons (RM$95) but couldn't finished all cos the set lunch consists of quite a few dishes. 

bbq.JPG

Fellow singaporean who drop by HT lighting to buy fan and love korean food, can give this restaurant a try :)

Can PM me how much are your fans? I intend to get the exact same fans in your picture both Aeratron and and the vento fino. JUst want to know costing before i decide to go in JB. Thanx.

On 10/22/2016 at 0:26 AM, osiris7777 said:

Buying fan in JB

Alot of t-bloggers mention they bought their fan in JB which is much cheaper as compare with the price here in Singapore. Therefore it's a no brainer that we should also purchase our fan in JB. So the next day morning, we drove all the way to JB to buy our fan. I have not drove to JB for quite sometime and I didn't know that nowadays the weekend traffic going in to JB can be so bad... We were stuck in traffic for close to 2 hrs just to clear singapore and malaysia custom.

Luckily the return traffic was not as bad cos we decided to come out early to avoid the jam.

When singaporean go JB to buy fan, usually they will go to tampoi lighting. We decided not to go tampoi lighting cos their pricing is much higher as compare with other shops selling fan in JB. Our friend recommend us to this shop, HT lighting at Bandar Baru Permas Jaya instead. Indeed the pricing is cheaper by a few hundred ringgit as compare with Tampoi lighting for the same fan.

We purchased 2 fans, one for master room and one for living room.

Master room fan - White vento fino

fino 2 WH-600x600.jpg

Living room fan - Aeratron AE3 black

fan.JPG

When we finished our purchase, it's about lunch time therefore we scout around the area for our lunch. Found this korean restaurant and decided to give it a try. Was surprise to see some korean dinners inside the restaurant and I tell my wife, I think the food here should be good. Indeed the food is pretty good and affordable. We order their set lunch for 2 persons (RM$95) but couldn't finished all cos the set lunch consists of quite a few dishes. 

bbq.JPG

Fellow singaporean who drop by HT lighting to buy fan and love korean food, can give this restaurant a try :)

Can PM me where you get your fan and how much was it? Thanks!

Whoa, things are looking great so far. The wood laminate used in your kitchen is really nice and I how sparkly the granite top looks even in photos! You and your wife have got a good eye for colours! Feeling bummed that I didn't think about jazzing up the DB box/area like how you did. Super functional! Do you happen to have pics of what the inside looks like?

On 11/15/2016 at 7:47 PM, osiris7777 said:

Today went over to our new home to take a look and the quartz countertop are done...

Kitchen

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

Master toilet

IMG_3057.JPG

Our destination is getting nearer and nearer :D

good workmanship issit? exxcited for you!

On 11/16/2016 at 8:42 PM, osiris7777 said:

@ Raylowwl & Kingandbin

This is how the internal DB box/area look like.

IMG_3047.JPG

Would you be able to take a photo of the internal of the metal box? And is there any circuit map/drawing for the telephone wiring - which may be able to tell what kind of cables they are actually using? This is the 2nd time I have heard that they are using cat6 cables, but no one seems to be able to confirm it.

Edited by Alpc

On 11/18/2016 at 6:57 AM, jaiyerika said:

so love the quartz counter top.=) how much does it cost? Where did you get it?  kindly pm me pls.

If you have time kindly pm me pls.☺