Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
osiris7777

Our First Reno Journey

Hihi osiris7777, guess by now you have a template to provide your contractor's contacts! :D

Would you mind PM me the info? And for your chosen contractor, may I know if he's an ID or contractor (meaning I have to supply him my design)? TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi! Your blog is very well done and like it alot. Can i know who the four contractors are?

1) Contractor N from R*******

2) Contractor K from H*O

3) Contractor E from C* R***

4) Contractor E from D* I*******

if possible, how much did your reno cost excluding the furnitures? Appreciate your help!

On 11/12/2016 at 0:26 PM, osiris7777 said:

Hi,

Actual address as below.

67, Jalan Permas 10/1, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Hi, is it ok for you to share the price of the fans u bought? Thanks.

Edited by francish

Hi! Came across your tblog... would u be able to share the final few shortlisted Contractors? Think your PM is full. Thanks a million!! Merry Christmas to u!

Hi osiris7777, thank you for sharing in detail your renovation journey! 

May I get the 4 contractors and your reno cost? 

Thank you so much!

On 19/12/2016 at 1:38 PM, jopp said:

Hihi osiris7777, guess by now you have a template to provide your contractor's contacts! :D

Would you mind PM me the info? And for your chosen contractor, may I know if he's an ID or contractor (meaning I have to supply him my design)? TIA

On 21/12/2016 at 5:19 PM, lahahe said:

hi,

can you let me have the contact details of your contractor? thank u so much!

On 22/12/2016 at 1:09 PM, ddycanne said:

love your design! :) 

may I have your contractors details please? :) thank you! 

On 22/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, w3ish3ng said:

Hi! Your blog is very well done and like it alot. Can i know who the four contractors are?

1) Contractor N from R*******

2) Contractor K from H*O

3) Contractor E from C* R***

4) Contractor E from D* I*******

if possible, how much did your reno cost excluding the furnitures? Appreciate your help!

On 23/12/2016 at 11:07 PM, francish said:

Hi, is it ok for you to share the price of the fans u bought? Thanks.

On 24/12/2016 at 8:00 PM, SunnySan said:

Hi,

Mind sharing ID/Contractor details?

Cheers

On 24/12/2016 at 11:19 PM, jaiyerika said:

Can i get id. For reference and options. Tia

On 25/12/2016 at 1:23 PM, gb79 said:

Hi! Came across your tblog... would u be able to share the final few shortlisted Contractors? Think your PM is full. Thanks a million!! Merry Christmas to u!

On 25/12/2016 at 11:56 PM, babyjojo said:

Hi osiris7777, can I get the contractor contact details and share your reno cost?

Thanks

On 26/12/2016 at 6:30 AM, Jasmine Guo said:

Hi, may I have the contact details for the 4 Contractors? TIA

On 26/12/2016 at 1:00 PM, EAX said:

Hi osiris7777, thank you for sharing in detail your renovation journey! 

May I get the 4 contractors and your reno cost? 

Thank you so much!

On 27/12/2016 at 11:40 AM, mmt245 said:

Hi osiris7777, can share the contractor contact details and your reno cost?

Thanks.

On 27/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, Json said:

Hi 

Can share the air con contractor that did your aircon?

Thanks.

Hi,

All PM sent.

Sorry for the late respond... Has been busy with work and house moving.

Will be updating again very soon on the final journey... Stay Tuned!

Final Reno Journey

Our Reno is schedule to be completed in mid Dec but due to some small issues (not due to our contractor), therefore we have to extend 1 more week.

1st Issue

Initially we do not want to install window at our service yard cos we prefer the unblock feel without the window. One stormy night, we forgotten to close the service yard door before we left and the next day, the rain splash all the way into our kitchen. The whole kitchen floor was wet but luckily our washing machine is ok.

We were exploring other options beside window and we came across those outdoor roller blind. We gotten a few quotes from some supplier and was shock that it was pretty expensive. One supplier quoted me $2K for the outdoor roller blind and moreover HDB might not approve the installation of outdoor roller blind at the service yard.     

So without any viable options, we ask E to install sliding window :(

IMG_3143.JPG

2nd Issue

I have always wanted to install white window blind for all bedrooms and living area cos I feel that white blind will be more in-line with the theme of our design. Wife prefer curtain for master room as she feel that curtain will make the room more cosy. To make life easier for myself, I decided to give in and go for curtain for the master room. 

When our curtain contractor came to do measurement for the curtain, he highlighted to us that the ledge above the window is too narrow to install double row curtain. :bangwall:As my wife is very persistence therefore we ask our curtain contractor what are our options if we insist on double row.

Option 1: Use 2 x slim curtain tracks but both the curtain will be very close to each other and will not look nice. Sunlight might leak in at the top edge of the curtain and visible curtain track.

Option 2: Do single row curtain. Sunlight might leak in at the top edge of the curtain and visible curtain track.

Option 3: Extend ledge wide with window pelmet. Sunlight will not leak in at the top edge of the curtain and non-visible curtain track.      

My wife were not prepared to compromise therefore we decided to go for option 3 :~

Spoken to E about this and within a few days, the extended ledge with the window pelmet is done! Kudos to E for giving us a very good price for the additional job and arranging for the painter to come over again to touch up the paint.

IMG_3145.JPG