Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
osiris7777

Our First Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi osiris7777,

Thanks for sharing the renovation journey of your new home, in great detail! Your home is lovely, especially love the DB box door design with the little nook there, that's really a great idea of maximize storage space! :wub: Also like how the black door frame and the door design, beautiful match!

I've just got the key to my 4-room BTO and am looking for a contractor now. Would you mind sharing the contact your contractor, E? He sounds like a down-to-earth guy and we'd really love to meet him :)

Thank you so much!! 

Hi @osiris7777,

Can you pls share the details of the 4 contractors?

1) Contractor N from R*******

2) Contractor K from H*O

3) Contractor E from C* R***

4) Contractor E from D* I*******

Additionally, pls share the detail of the air-con installer/contractor and the glass contractor from whom you got the shower screen.

Lastly, can you advise on the details of the vinyl flooring used - which brand and how thick was it? Was the installation done well.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:50 PM, osiris7777 said:

Shower Screen

We did not engage E to install our shower screen as we managed to get it at a good price from a glass contractor. Workmanship is acceptable but one of the wall tile in our master toilet crack when they drill the wall to install the door. :(

Common Toilet

IMG_3144.JPG  

Master Toilet

IMG_3147.JPG

very nice!

Hi osiris7777,

Can share contact of your contractor E from D* I******* and  Contractor N from R******* ?

Thank you!

Edited by H6Y9

Hi osiris 777, could you share contact of the contractor below? 

Thank you!

1) Contractor N from R*******

2) Contractor K from H*O

3) Contractor E from C* R***

4) Contractor E from D* I*******

On 21 October 2016 at 0:01 AM, osiris7777 said:

As I have mention earlier in my post, my wife is a Taobao addict so I gave her the task to source for some items from Taobao. I am not really into Taobao cos:

1. My mandarin is really limited

2. I always believe good things don't come cheap and cheap things don't come good

3. Have the perception that vendors in Taobao are not honest example the things we order when we received looks different from the picture

4. Quality issue

But after going through lots of t-blog and seems like alot of ppl order from Taobao so decided to give it a shot.

Total we order close to 4 cubic meter of goods from Taobao. So without further ado, lets see what we have ordered.

Tap for Master Toilet

TB24eetcXXXXXXGXXXXXXXXXXXX-2138852473.jpg

Faucet

TB29pVFapXXXXcPXXXXXXXXXXXX-2138852473.jpgTB2quVIapXXXXaYXXXXXXXXXXXX-2138852473.jpg

Rain Shower

hklniug.JPG

Bidet

holknuygy.JPG

Downlight

TB2VjuCaaLB11BjSspkXXcy9pXa_!!1978664874.jpgTB2JMuDaanD11BjSsziXXaReVXa_!!1978664874.jpg

Simple ceiling light in black and white color for common room, toilet, kitchen, service yard & HHS

TB2xsNadXXXXXXjXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!879875169.jpg

Dining light

TB2p5HztVXXXXceXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1707444029.jpg

Track light

TB2zQhsXbmI.eBjy1zjXXaq5VXa_!!2922250423.jpg

Floor lamp

TB2iphItFXXXXcVXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!182677355.jpg

LED Strip for cove, shoe cabinet display, kitchen cabinet & master room mirror cabinet

TB2fCiHpFXXXXXyXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2468097849.jpgTB2Wx0opVXXXXakXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!2468097849.jpgTB27aTlmpXXXXcGXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2468097849.jpg

Vanity set for common toilet

TB2_mv9lFXXXXcDXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2807806968.jpg

Rack for condiments & Knife

cvrfftuefdvb.JPG

Door handle

fhrturfn.JPG

Sandi theme artwork

hkhyut.JPG

Study table

rtyrfgdfh.JPG

Bookself

yighf.JPG

Hifi rack

drhedbsdb.JPG

Order this dining chair but request to change cushion to grey fabric

biuhn;h.JPG

These are some of the items which my wife ask for my approval before she order. There are still quite a number of small items for kitchen, bathroom accessories she order without asking for my approval :~

Hi, Can i check did your vanity cabinet come intact and no damage? i wanted to buy on from ezbuy but ezbuy say high chance of damage. 

Hi Osiris

I'm really impressed with the works done and your cosy looking house!

I'll be embarking on my 1st reno journey too.

Would you be kind enough to share the contact and details of your contractor? and a rough estimate of how much your reno cost?

Thanks alot! and Cheers!

regards,

Gene