Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I had managed to cook this in my kitchen last night. Korean army stew or Budae Jjigae. Really easy to make, much easier than a regular Chinese steamboat. I followed the recipe in: http://mykoreankitchen.com/army-stew-budae-jjigae/ but swapped out a few ingredients because either I don't have them at home or I don't really like some of them! 

The ingredients I took out were:
Spam swapped with picnic ham
Rice wine swapped with apple cider vinegar
Chicken stock swapped with Japanese herbal stock
Oyster mushrooms with Xiao Bai Cai

The rest were more or less the same! I used a mini steamboat that we had, so it is even more convenient and can just eat right out of the pot! Warning though: if you add the noodles, then perhaps cook less rice as it can be rather filling! And 3/4 a tablespoon of Korean chilli paste if you don't want too spicy.

In the end, this was the final outcome:

123.jpg

Super easy, do give it a try! 

Edited by fi5hbone

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/19/2016 at 3:05 PM, fi5hbone said:

I had managed to cook this in my kitchen last night. Korean army stew or Budae Jjigae. Really easy to make, much easier than a regular Chinese steamboat. I followed the recipe in: http://mykoreankitchen.com/army-stew-budae-jjigae/ but swapped out a few ingredients because either I don't have them at home or I don't really like some of them! 

The ingredients I took out were:
Spam swapped with picnic ham
Rice wine swapped with apple cider vinegar
Chicken stock swapped with Japanese herbal stock
Oyster mushrooms with Xiao Bai Cai

The rest were more or less the same! I used a mini steamboat that we had, so it is even more convenient and can just eat right out of the pot! Warning though: if you add the noodles, then perhaps cook less rice as it can be rather filling! And 3/4 a tablespoon of Korean chilli paste if you don't want too spicy.

In the end, this was the final outcome:

123.jpg

Super easy, do give it a try! 

im hungry now :yeah:

On 11/14/2016 at 10:15 PM, bykaraanne said:

Hey babe!! Recommend you try out eco products instead, great for you and the environment. Much cheaper as well!

If you want ready-made, Method, Attitude, Mrs Meyers etc from iHerb. 

For my home, I generally use a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and water for an all purpose, add 10 drops of Mrs Meyers concentrated all purpose solution for a bathroom spray, or add a teaspoon of cornstarch for mirrors / glass (to the vinegar solution without the soap).

the bathroom solution works great with a sponge with some baking soda sprinkled on. Bathrooms gleam like crazy. And everything costs me like nothing and lasts forever. 

Castile soap is also great. Adding Essential oils to vinegar also cleans and antibacs it great!! :) 

sound like a hippie but seriously, I've gone through SO MANY products outside, one for each purpose, cluttered up my storage and have to carry so many bottles around when cleaning the house. Now everything is easy and healthy, I don't need to smell toxic fumes or support companies who test on animals... and save lots of money. :D 

just sharing! Still love your home. :) 

hey @bykaraanne this is a totally noob question but i accidentally bought artificial vinegar - just wondering if it works the same as your white vinegar for cleaning? what brand of vinegar do you use? 

also am i reading correctly that 1/3 white vinegar + water + corn starch gives you an awesome solution for glass/mirror cleaning? :o i am going to try this out!

On 23/11/2016 at 9:10 AM, pipsqueak said:

hey @bykaraanne this is a totally noob question but i accidentally bought artificial vinegar - just wondering if it works the same as your white vinegar for cleaning? what brand of vinegar do you use? 

also am i reading correctly that 1/3 white vinegar + water + corn starch gives you an awesome solution for glass/mirror cleaning? :o i am going to try this out!

Artificial works fine too! I usually buy the glass bottle rice vinegar. Both serves same purpose. 

Yep I did! Works. :) 

Here are a few pictures taken by my ID when he popped by for a quick visit. I think IDs take pictures in a different way from regular folk! 

He had managed to get connected with a good contractor, so he is now able to not only take on design projects but the whole 9 yards. Happy for him!

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Next up, I would like to share another simple recipe that I came across recently!!

Baked cod and chorizo

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/baked-cod-chorizo

This is really easy and you can get the Chorizo (spanish cured sausage) from Cold Storage. You can skip the saffron threads if you want to save some money :)

If you don't want it too salty, can put lesser salt than what is stated in the instructions. After you start cooking the sausages, potatoes and the leeks, you will get something like this:

IMG_0053.JPG

Subsequently, you can put the cod fish on top of the potatoes and meats and cover the wok with the cover. The water will help to steam the fish. Leave it for about 10 minutes and you should be done! Cod cooks quite quickly :)

Enjoy!

FullSizeRender.jpg

1 hour ago, fi5hbone said:

Here are a few pictures taken by my ID when he popped by for a quick visit. I think IDs take pictures in a different way from regular folk! 

He had managed to get connected with a good contractor, so he is now able to not only take on design projects but the whole 9 yards. Happy for him!

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Next up, I would like to share another simple recipe that I came across recently!!

nice bedside table! mind sharing where u get that from?

Mind pm me ur id?? And the total cost?  I have a similar layout as ur house, weird L shap living room lol.

Thanks in advance

Is the glass door hard to clean for ur kitchen??

Edited by carkingsheep