Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zhe Ling Cai

instant or storage heater?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i use instant electrical water heater. haven't live in yet but when tried to on it, the water pressure seems to be ok. but haven't tried the water temperature cos the switch to on the heater haven't done (installation by plumber, switch by electrician outside the toilet only to be done after carpentry finish). oh ya, 1st time when I turned it on, can hear water sound rushing through the pipes for maybe a second or two before water came out. water pressure not affected when the other toilet's shower set (normal type) is switched on. HTH!

Edited by slashmylove
typo

On 10/25/2016 at 1:52 PM, lifeissimple said:

storage heater for rain shower is more recommended. there are many brands of storage heater out there, e.g. joven, ariston, aos smith..

+1

Personally I liked and chose gas heater because it is not so bulky, more environmentally friendly and friendlier on the pocket (you save on your utility bills also. :) ). With regards to the temperature and water pressure (using HDB shower heads), so far so good for me. I would also say it heats up water as fast as an instant heater with hardly any down time. 

The only con i can think of really, is for you to have to walk to the service yard to switch on and off the gas heater.  

On 11/25/2016 at 1:25 PM, soulforger said:

AOS Bath has a good article doing comparison between instant and storage heater.

https://www.aosbath.com/instant-vs-storage-water-heaters-singapore/

The important thing is whether your house water pressure is good or not to support rain shower cause the instant heater will further reduce the water pressure.

2-1-768x404.jpg

4-768x390.jpg

Very informative soulforger.☺