Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Decided to start this post to document my house journey! Hopefully I won't be too lazy to update it :P

Background

We applied for Nov 2015 Sales of Balance, got our ballot result in late Feb 2016 (if I'm not wrong or was it March :wacko:). Our number was 40 out of 300+!! Chosen our unit on 18 July 2016. AHG & SHG was approved on 30 Sep 2016. Grant was credited on 3 Oct 2016 (Super fast good job CPF!). Got out key collection date on 17 Oct 2016. & Lastly collected our key on 21 October 2016

Story

All the unit we shortlisted was actually chosen (suay max) by the time 18 July arrive. So on that day itself, in the morning I decided on this particular unit it is on the highest floor, not blocked view & flooring is included!! So I login myHDBpage to check if the unit was chosen at around 11am - it was chosen :bangwall:Panic attack! Not knowing what to choose, wanted to give up on this SBF... I stared at the available blocks/units on my compute screen for super long (was in the office and I don't really care alrdy) and finally came to a final decision. Told J the 3 units I don't mind and stop checking for updates anymore to prevent another panic attack. So finally in the late afternoon (I think we were the last to choose for our town), my 1st choice out of the 3 is still available, and boo that's our house now :D

Our unit comes with kitchen partition, sanitary & doors. No flooring. And below is the floorplan!

IMG_3686.JPG

Choosing ID/ Contractor

I'm really lazy, so I only went to 3 ID + 1 renovation contractor. The price renovation contractor quote me was just a few thousand lesser than what ID quote me thus I decided to go for ID instead - at least got someone I can scold when the contractor do until not good, and I can be keyboard warrior on their Facebook page if they do until not good. LOL.

Well, I chose this ID because he was not pushy, he seems to understand what I really want, and respected my design. I actually did my design on sketch up & I also did some drawings. Show them to the IDs and most of them respected my design. But some IDs are really pushy, and whatever I suggested they will be like no no no, like that not good.. must add this.. put that one here instead... pftttttt :angry:. Understand ID are suppose to give you idea on how to design your house, but at least listen to me when I'm explaining my design right!! So if you choosing a ID/ contractor, make sure they listen attentively to your ideas. Hopefully I will not regret entrusting my house to this ID.

So I am currently waiting for my ID to get back with the 3D drawings. Hopefully I won't change my mind on my house design while he prepare the drawings! Can't wait!! 

Edited by ScarletSnow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 19 December 2016 at 11:51 PM, GreenHornet said:

Nice plans! Can't wait to read about the updtes of your project.:rolleyes:

On 19 December 2016 at 11:51 PM, GreenHornet said:

Nice plans! Can't wait to read about the updtes of your project.:rolleyes:

:D

On 10/28/2016 at 9:57 PM, ScarletSnow said:

Decided to start this post to document my house journey! Hopefully I won't be too lazy to update it :P

Background

We applied for Nov 2015 Sales of Balance, got our ballot result in late Feb 2016 (if I'm not wrong or was it March :wacko:). Our number was 40 out of 300+!! Chosen our unit on 18 July 2016. AHG & SHG was approved on 30 Sep 2016. Grant was credited on 3 Oct 2016 (Super fast good job CPF!). Got out key collection date on 17 Oct 2016. & Lastly collected our key on 21 October 2016

Story

All the unit we shortlisted was actually chosen (suay max) by the time 18 July arrive. So on that day itself, in the morning I decided on this particular unit it is on the highest floor, not blocked view & flooring is included!! So I login myHDBpage to check if the unit was chosen at around 11am - it was chosen :bangwall:Panic attack! Not knowing what to choose, wanted to give up on this SBF... I stared at the available blocks/units on my compute screen for super long (was in the office and I don't really care alrdy) and finally came to a final decision. Told J the 3 units I don't mind and stop checking for updates anymore to prevent another panic attack. So finally in the late afternoon (I think we were the last to choose for our town), my 1st choice out of the 3 is still available, and boo that's our house now :D

Our unit comes with kitchen partition, sanitary & doors. No flooring. And below is the floorplan!

IMG_3686.JPG

Choosing ID/ Contractor

I'm really lazy, so I only went to 3 ID + 1 renovation contractor. The price renovation contractor quote me was just a few thousand lesser than what ID quote me thus I decided to go for ID instead - at least got someone I can scold when the contractor do until not good, and I can be keyboard warrior on their Facebook page if they do until not good. LOL.

Well, I chose this ID because he was not pushy, he seems to understand what I really want, and respected my design. I actually did my design on sketch up & I also did some drawings. Show them to the IDs and most of them respected my design. But some IDs are really pushy, and whatever I suggested they will be like no no no, like that not good.. must add this.. put that one here instead... pftttttt :angry:. Understand ID are suppose to give you idea on how to design your house, but at least listen to me when I'm explaining my design right!! So if you choosing a ID/ contractor, make sure they listen attentively to your ideas. Hopefully I will not regret entrusting my house to this ID.

So I am currently waiting for my ID to get back with the 3D drawings. Hopefully I won't change my mind on my house design while he prepare the drawings! Can't wait!! 

Looks good goodluck.