Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

dear all, My reno started on 9 sept 2016.  For a 4A resale HDB. Supposed to end 6 weeks which the id told us. Supposed completion will be on end October. Till now it has not been completed. I asked the id for timeline since day 1 of the works, till now also no timeline given. Last friday id just finalized carpentry drawing. I reckon it will take another 4 weeks to complete. Only mosaicand electricals done. Flooring painting not done yet. Should i ask for compensation for the late completion or?? Any advice.  Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow how come so slow. have you been checking on the work? any reason for the delays eg paperwork, defects? imo if you have been proactively checking with ur id on the status of the work, chasing them etc and they still slow maybe got some basis for complaints 

No reason given by them. even there is changes is only minimal eg. add xtra powerpt. i did not chase them since they told me it will take 6 weeks to complete. should i talk to the id directly or the boss straight? if i wanna ask for some kind of compensation, how or what will it be like? as i have read many posts abt id/client relationship,  i do not want to sour our relationship.* headache*

Edited by Luqe25

7 minutes ago, Luqe25 said:

No reason given by them. even there is changes is only minimal eg. add xtra powerpt. i did not chase them since they told me it will take 6 weeks to complete. should i talk to the id directly or the boss straight? if i wanna ask for some kind of compensation, how or what will it be like? as i have read many posts abt id/client relationship,  i do not want to sour our relationship.* headache*

go have a site meeting with ur ID with the quotation and list down the outstanding works lor. not sure about the "compensation" part, there is no clause for liquidated damages. 

reno must check regularly one, cannot just leave it to ur ID. else they will just take their own sweet time. if unable to go to the site, ask for regular updates on WA or call.

if u never do anything wrong, no need worry about r/s. still hvnt pay finish right? 

47 minutes ago, lifeissimple said:

maybe talk to ID first? if doesnt work out, have to talk to boss right? how much have you pay? 

I paid abt 60%

49 minutes ago, lifeissimple said:

maybe talk to ID first? if doesnt work out, have to talk to boss right? how much have you pay? 

I paid abt 60%