Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soulforger

Reno Journey - Yishun 4rm

On 03/12/2016 at 10:31 AM, James9 said:

Hihi, may i know the watt level of your living room downlight. Is your living room bright with just the downlight? Thank you

We use 12W LED downlight, the living room is bright enough even with just 4 downlights at the corner :D

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 12/3/2016 at 0:04 PM, Jerrick NgJw said:

Hi Sis, mind to share your quotation? I am also doing 4 room resale at yishun :D

Hi Jerrick, I'm mister, not sister, haha... I've shared the detail quotation on page 1, the total cost is close to 30k without doing toilets since we will proceed with HIP, the estimation for doing 2 toilets will be around another 10k. Wish your all the best with your renovation and hope to see your progress here soon ;)

On 12/3/2016 at 11:24 PM, AHbang said:

Nice home you have there. is ll

Thanks! We've been busy with furniture delivery, clean up and moving in for last few days, will update more photos soon ;)

10 hours ago, pjsh said:

hi there! would you be willing to share your id/contractor contact and your quotation please?
just bought a place with a similar layout too!

also, did you leave the access to the boxed up pipes behind the washing machine? am thinking of doing a tabletop which would mean no access to the pipes if anything goes wrong!

Hi pjsh,

I've pmed you my contractor contact, have posted the quotation on page 1 and the cost is close to 30k without doing toilets.

We put a built in cupboard around the kitchen pipes which is accessible for future inspections and maintenance. For now it looks like space wasted and we will think of ways to better utilize the space ;)

20161118_195255.jpg

On 06/12/2016 at 11:10 AM, soulforger said:

Hi pjsh,

I've pmed you my contractor contact, have posted the quotation on page 1 and the cost is close to 30k without doing toilets.

We put a built in cupboard around the kitchen pipes which is accessible for future inspections and maintenance. For now it looks like space wasted and we will think of ways to better utilize the space ;)

20161118_195255.jpg

appreciate the sharing! am also thinking of how best to utilise the space around the pipes in the kitchen for my own place.

Renovation Progress - 28 Nov 2016, Day 38

We have asked our aircon vendor's help to install the electric clothes hanger, it's quite heavy and really grateful for their help :D

IMG-20161128-WA0015.jpeg

Move Into Our House - 30 Nov 2016, Day 40

Our friend helps us to check the auspicious date time to move in, though the furniture haven't arrived yet, we've decided to do the ritual as this is once in a life time event and worth to take leave to just do it :yeah:

The day before we have mix uncooked rice, salt, tea leaves and scatter around the house. The process of scattering the "Rice" means sowing of wealth around the house and the "salt and tea leaves" means purify the negative energies accumulated during the previous owner’s stay. :) 

Good luck begins on day one, We light up the stove at the door, and make sure the charcoal is set alight and burning brightly!

Before we step in, we roll a pineapple into the house while saying “huat ah!” to welcome wealth and prosperity into our new home.

We then retrieve the charcoal stove, bring it to the kitchen and use it to cook red bean soup. :wub:

20161130_111229.jpg

Move Into Our House - 15 Dec 2016, Day 55 

So with the renovation completed and lived in for the past 15 days, I'm confident to said we are more than happy with the final outcome and this should be the last post (with furnitures) to conclude our renovation journey :notti:

20161205_170142.jpg

20161205_170354.jpg

20161205_170219.jpg

20161205_182828.jpg

20161205_220445.jpg

20161213_204306.jpg

20161211_120319.jpg

20161214_181939.jpg

Review of Happy Lodge

We are grateful we have found a competent contractor without hassle to work with, there's no need to chase them for anything since they're highly effective and get everything done in due time, their quote is reasonable price (not necessarily the cheapest but certainly the most detail) and they are willing to listen and prompt at responding, they listen to our ideas and point out what is feasible and what is not and even offer some alternative (e.g. kitchen swing and slide door. 

Ray is also very helpful, when we ask for help, he will be willing to drop by and help out whenever he's available. 

On 23/01/2017 at 2:32 PM, fifteenmay said:

can i ask where did you get your main door from?

Hi May, sorry for late reply, been busy for many things lately, haha... our contractor help us get the door and from the catalog, he seems like getting it from Acme design