Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Applied this 3 room BTO on 30th May 2012, collected keys on 5th Oct 2016 (Wednesday).

Layout

3rm.jpg

Inspiration
I love looking at Ikea's catalogs since I was a kid, and later I discovered Pinterest. It was the best thing ever! It fed my hungry soul for the design world and the words that healed me in this cruel world.

View
 It was a little hazy that day. Taken from the highest level.

20161001_175905.jpg

Finding the one
I find it exhausting telling people in details what I want, so, I am only going to tell my plans to the special one.
I will reveal the special one when my project is completed.

Edited by Whisperer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Planned to paint both the gate and main door before collecting the keys, because by default HDB design is almost always... hmm.. tasteless..just tasteless.

Upon seeing it, I'm glad I can save some money. :D I like the Golden Gate. Some think it is 'obiang' but I think it can be classy. Depend on your theme.

Will just be painting the main door. It looks like an office door.

1PS.jpg

Not sure if this 3 room is a little bit longer? Usually there's only 2 light points in the living hall, but I got 3 light points here. So Yay for me! :yeah:

12.jpg

Corridor

15.jpg

Tiny Master Bedroom

24.jpg

View from window of tiny master bedroom

27.jpg

Tiny Common Room - weird angle, as I was trying to take note of the power point. This was really tiny. *SHAKE HEAD*

Common_room.jpg

Common Toilet. Horrifying Black + Brown tile. Horrifying. Horrifying.

Master room toilet has the same horrifying design too. Same layout, so not gonna upload to horrify you!

22.jpg

Kitchen & Service Yard

7.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Whisperer

28 Oct 2016 - Friday

Contractor sent some more updates via Whataspp.

28 Oct.jpg

28 Oct 2.jpg

28 Oct 3.jpg

Is it true that the floor is harder to hack when it is rainy season?:blink:

Sometimes I don't know if my contractor is joking or being serious. :rofl:

He said it's a secret.

Edited by Whisperer

I will be updating some of the purchases I've made in this post. Items that are bought in Singapore so far. Other items not listed here are probably all from Taobao. :D  That will take ultra long time to post. So, maybe next time.

Ernest Hemingway Prime Emerald King size mattress. Purchased during Great Singapore Sales June 2016.

I bought it from Harvey Norman 4 months before getting my keys. I love the bed, it got that soft bouncy feel like those atas brands and for the price, it is very comfortable, as I certainly can't afford the $12000 Simmons bed.

20160625_191336_mh1466912968514.jpg

Bosch Washer & Dryer WVG-30461GB - October 2016
MCSA00904583_WVG30461GB_def.jpg
Capacity: 8 kg washing, 5 kg drying

Bought it at very good price too! Got it from Harvey Norman, when Bosch got a special product launch price.

Pressed Steel Bathtub - November 2016

I prefer steel bathtub than acrylics ones. I worried acrylics will turn yellowish after sometimes.
Went to Sim Siang Choon- Changi.
20161106_143544.jpg

Fujioh Hood Fjs 900 & Rinnai hob RB 2Gi
Got it from famous Zero in renotalk - November 2016
fjs_900_black.png

20160930_124524.jpg

I love Panasonic. I got their 49" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV from Best Denki.  December 2016
20161203_171720_mh1483803397250.jpg

Panasonic Fridge NR-BX468XSS1 was also bought on the same day.  
ip113370_1_MV.jpg

Delonghi Coffee Machine, the most expensive items I got from Best Denki -_-

20160625_195823.jpg

Opps! Reached the limit to upload pictures. :wacko: Continue next time!!

Edited by Whisperer

Bought Bosch Oven hbn331e1k during the Best Denki sales.

604483860.g_400-w_g.jpg

Went to Geylang and Balestier to find my W/C. I don't like the vibe of all these shops. All the gangster salesman vibe. 

In the end I ordered from My Showroom and was so lucky that they were having promotion for the model I want! =) Saved $$$.

2 Jan 2017

20161231_161423.jpg

Called Crestar directly to order 2 of their Skylite fan in 55" - 6 Jan 2017

Delivered on 7 Jan

20170107_112326.jpg

Arranged Singa Plasterceil on the same day to cover up the ventilation hole.

Good service!!

20170107_174904_mh1483877289500.jpg

Edited by Whisperer

Sharing some items I got from Taobao. 

1) Kitchen Sink - It cost less than SGD200! Including the tap, draining basket, soap bottle etc! Went to shop around Singapore and it cost around SGD500 for just a double sink without any accessories.

Sitting on the concrete sink support!
20161203_105413.jpg    

2) Medallion
20161224_170411.jpg20170107_140552.jpg20170114_105151.jpg
Cost of this medallion is SGD30 plus. Installed by our own contact, he is a handyman and he did a great job installing it together with the fan.
The design of this medallion did not suit the fan's cap size and it was modified so that the cap of the fan can go through it. 
The effort was worth it, because I am not the one who does the job !!! Hahaha!

3) Customized Bathroom Door Handles
20160920_201700_mh1485434375367.jpg
Brass material. Had a hard time trying to communicate with seller . Luckily I got a good friend who is very patient and excellent in mandarin to help me communicate with seller.

4) Cutlery Tray
20161230_130609_mh1485434994211.jpg

There are more but I won't list everything down because my fingers are complaining and threaten to leave me already. All the track lights, wall lights, rain shower, basin, dinning table and many other things, even bed frame, all the things you would see from my future posts, are probably from Taobao except those electronics, bathtub and mattress etc which I posted in the earlier post are bought locally.  

It really saved, in terms of money and time, some of the things are just impossible to source locally. Down side is not all items are perfect when arrived. Such as the door handle. I guess it was not handled properly when shipping over. Managed to sand it smooth ourselves. =)

My contractor also got me to purchase things for him from Taobao. He just bought for fun I guess.
Oh ya, I will always consult him first before making any important purchase. But the problem is..his mandarin isn't good, so it is more challenging somehow when asking for advise.

But he is really very patient with me. I thought I asked a lot of questions but he is still quite nice to answer and go through them with me. 

Edited by Whisperer

Today is 15 March 2017. Renovation started around November 2016. It is still not complete.

What should I update at this reserved post? Hmmmm...

Lets start with the one I hate to talk about.  AIR CONDITIONING.

Like most of the people, I have no knowledge on this. Totally no interest too. I decided to engage this famous person by the name of T_M from IMXXXXXX or HXXX HXXX after reading good reviews from Renotalk forum.

I should had trusted my instinct when I first met him. Every time I don't follow my instinct I regret.

He greeted me with a bright smile, a smile so bright and words over courteous. I should be cautious some people are only good on the first impression.

Long story short, as I really hate to talk about the details, the story is:

The layout of my 3 room is very simple like some others 3 room houses in Singapore. What I did was, I hack what I can and rebuild the whole layout. If I am allowed to, I will even move the bathtub to the window!! But serious you know HDB got all the silly rules.

So laying of air-con pipe will need some special planning. This T_M keep saying NO NO NO cannot put there without listening to what we really said. Basically in the end, it can be placed at the wall we wanted. So why anyhow say cannot initially? Because he is smart and experience enough? While discussing this, we messaged him. When we don't understand, we have to ask right? We pay you so much for the air con we can ask right? He once wrote: "You still don't understand?!" "If you all place here air con can't run I will BILL you all"  Some more capital the BILL okay. So rude!!!!!!! We only asking can or cannot, never say we insist put here.

Conclusion is, he is very rude and fierce person, although pricing is okay. There are people from my BTO group chat complaining of his attitude became bad after deposit was given to him.

My contractor told me his project with another owner who paid deposit with him but can't stand him being too FIERCE, decide to ask other air con company to continue the work instead.

To be fair, some from my BTO group did mention they are fine with him. 

Now I just hope no issue with the installation!  If got issue I don't dare ask questions!!!

Edited by Whisperer

On 12/9/2016 at 10:23 PM, Whisperer said:

28 Oct 2016 - Friday

Contractor sent some more updates via Whataspp.

28 Oct.jpg

28 Oct 2.jpg

28 Oct 3.jpg

Is it true that the floor is harder to hack when it is rainy season?:blink:

Sometimes I don't know if my contractor is joking or being serious. :rofl:

He said it's a secret.

I thinks its a joke.:D beautifull mess worm to butterfly. Happy for u