Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

A tribute to my toilet bowl.

I sold them at Carousell. I think it's a decent looking toilet bowl with beautiful U shape???  Take a moment to apprecite all the nice things around you.

If you ever clean a toilet bowl, you know you would much prefer a one piece toilet bowl.

20161126_160203_mh1480218366625.jpg

20161126_164646_mh1480218149661.jpg

20161126_160119_mh1480218281186.jpg

I never thought I could sell these, thanks to those in Renotalk who taught me.

Edited by Whisperer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
10 hours ago, matchalatte said:

hello, fellow 3 roomer! like you im planning to do lots of hacking as well. your kitchen is way bigger than mine, envy! 

Wow! I just start reading your blog. I love it! Especially the bedroom layout, we have similar ideas! 

Can't wait to show you mine! Hehehe! 

Don't need envy the kitchen, although I love cooking but I have turn it to a tiny tiny kitchen now :~ Need to give way for other things.

13 hours ago, Whisperer said:

A tribute to my toilet bowl.

I sold them at Carousell. I think it's a decent looking toilet bowl with beautiful U shape???  Take a moment to apprecite all the nice things around you.

If you ever clean a toilet bowl, you know you would much prefer a one piece toilet bowl.

20161126_160203_mh1480218366625.jpg

20161126_164646_mh1480218149661.jpg

20161126_160119_mh1480218281186.jpg

I never thought I could sell these, thanks to those in Renotalk who taught me.

How much did u manage to sell them for?

5 hours ago, Whisperer said:

Wow! I just start reading your blog. I love it! Especially the bedroom layout, we have similar ideas! 

Can't wait to show you mine! Hehehe! 

Don't need envy the kitchen, although I love cooking but I have turn it to a tiny tiny kitchen now :~ Need to give way for other things.

hello, we're "hacker" friends then! i was telling my friend how many walls i want to hack he was like "you're basically reconfiguring the whole layout :o". thats indeed what i plan to do lol.

i love how spacious it is when the two bedrooms are hacked, when i see your pics i always fantasize how mine would look as well haha. 

oh are you going to just segregate a small wet kitchen at the yard area and make the rest of the kitchen open concept or? cant wait to see the end result. your home is gonna look stunning i can already forsee! 

btw you're TOO funny! i just read all your posts and LOL-ed at what you wrote. i feel so happy reading your blog hahha! oh and how come you sold yr toilet bowl? somemore got 2?? im planning to buy mine from taobao.

Hey hacker friend matchalatte!!

I am not going to segregate a space for dry/wet kitchen. The wet area is still where it is. Just that part of the kitchen will become a foyer with my love French Door!

I sold 2 toilet bowls because I am buying a new one-piece for my common toilet so that it is easier to clean.

My master's toilet is delicate for bathtub only :o

I don't dare to buy toilet bowl from Taobao since can get it locally at $300+, I don't dare to risk getting from Taobao. But I thought of buying Bathtub from there!  :o:o:o But I didn't! Coz I don't like their Chinese name logo on the tub:o and those with good brands cost around the same as what we had here in Singapore. I got my bathtub from Sim Siang Choon and it is Made in Spain, that makes me feel more comfortable with that. :lol:

Oh! 1 thing I didn't know for buying toilet bowl even I read a lot from this forum, maybe I had missed it, but you need to buy this thing call Pan Collar from the shop and they need to know your toilet bowl inches (6inch, 12 inch etc). Not sure if you get from Taobao, will their bowl even fit the pan collar or not?? Will they have this pan collar? Any idea? Is this your second home? Maybe you are more Pro than me? Kekeke:D

Edited by Whisperer

10 hours ago, Whisperer said:

Hey hacker friend matchalatte!!

I am not going to segregate a space for dry/wet kitchen. The wet area is still where it is. Just that part of the kitchen will become a foyer with my love French Door!

I sold 2 toilet bowls because I am buying a new one-piece for my common toilet so that it is easier to clean.

My master's toilet is delicate for bathtub only :o

I don't dare to buy toilet bowl from Taobao since can get it locally at $300+, I don't dare to risk getting from Taobao. But I thought of buying Bathtub from there!  :o:o:o But I didn't! Coz I don't like their Chinese name logo on the tub:o and those with good brands cost around the same as what we had here in Singapore. I got my bathtub from Sim Siang Choon and it is Made in Spain, that makes me feel more comfortable with that. :lol:

Oh! 1 thing I didn't know for buying toilet bowl even I read a lot from this forum, maybe I had missed it, but you need to buy this thing call Pan Collar from the shop and they need to know your toilet bowl inches (6inch, 12 inch etc). Not sure if you get from Taobao, will their bowl even fit the pan collar or not?? Will they have this pan collar? Any idea? Is this your second home? Maybe you are more Pro than me? Kekeke:D

oh you like the baroque/renaissance/french victorian theme? imagine afternoon tea at home with french pastries ala marie antoinette style. loves! haha 

honestly i have no idea about the toilet bowl parts but will need to show the contractor everything from toilet bowl to faucet to rain shower before i can buy so as to make sure its compatible. 

IMG_6077.PNG

is this a one piece toilet? not sure abt the collar thing. anyway those things that arent too ex in sg can just buy locally. easier to exchange/refund if anything goes wrong too. this will be my second home but im as noob as a newbie! first home not much reno and done by a relative so not much experience. 

matchalatte  -That looks like a one-piece! Also have to note if it is S pipe or P pipe!

Collar pipe is cheap but not sure China w/c can fit in local collar pipe?

I got many experience buying things that can't fit! :~ Wasted so much money. (not that much lah)

I am not into baroque/french victorian theme. I got many theme in one home. LOL!

Just like Jolene Heng.  Weird home. =DDD

Hi guys!

Want to ask if you will accept this: 20170219_170149.jpg

This is my bathroom vanity cupboard. So I told the contractor this and the carpenter fixed it by sticking another pieces of white PVC over so that I will not see that ugly/wrongly/over-cut part at the door hinges. I can feel it when I touch it that it is still there. I don't know if it will affect the door in long-term. What do you think? Usually the hinge is the one giving problems to a door. Now they over cut it and use some 'plaster for wood thing" to seal it like that? What should I do? Don't wish to annoy my contractor but is it right they just patch it like that???

I have paid $$ to top-up for the Shaker Style cupboard and then they do this???   

Fixed cupboard.jpg

So here it is, just a new sheet of PVC to cover the damage. Contractor said it won't affect and carpenters are redundant to change the whole 'cheap but charged expensive' shaker-style door.

Edited by Whisperer

On ‎15‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Whisperer said:

Someone request to see the bathtub. So here it is:

20161217_164952_mh1489586367663.jpg

20170218_172849_mh1489586112040.jpg

20170218_172854_mh1489586003858.jpg

Yup! Only for my bathtub nothing else! :bath:

Hi Whisperer

thanks for the updates. May I enquire, the dimensions of your bathtub? And if I'm not wrong, you re-locate your wash basin?

Awaiting more photos of the finished product!

On 3/21/2017 at 10:00 PM, geneo79 said:

Hi Whisperer

thanks for the updates. May I enquire, the dimensions of your bathtub? And if I'm not wrong, you re-locate your wash basin?

Awaiting more photos of the finished product!

Hi geneo79

The bathtub is 1700mm. I wanted to find a 1800mm tub but they don't have stock, so I got this 1700mm.

You are right, I did some re-locating. ;)