Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doreamon

Kitchen Cabinets

Hi all,

I know that most pple will do the bottom n top kitchen cabinet ... Anyone onli do the bottom kitchen cabinets onli, becos we onli intend to do the bottom cabinets to save $ ... but now our contractor was saying that sinic we intend to install the "hood" then without the top cabinet then will be quite ugly n funny ...

Any advice...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I know that most pple will do the bottom n top kitchen cabinet ... Anyone onli do the bottom kitchen cabinets onli, becos we onli intend to do the bottom cabinets to save $ ... but now our contractor was saying that sinic we intend to install the "hood" then without the top cabinet then will be quite ugly n funny ...

Any advice...

we did bottom only. cos our kitchen too big for 2paxs= we dun need so much storages spaces;)

no problem with hood only le.

somemore we didnt even tile the walls.

we did bottom only. cos our kitchen too big for 2paxs= we dun need so much storages spaces;)

no problem with hood only le.

somemore we didnt even tile the walls.

ooo isit ??? hahaaa so happy to hear that ... at least got pple same as us ....

ooo isit ??? hahaaa so happy to hear that ... at least got pple same as us ....

Y not try getting a kitchen carpenter 2 do for u it is cheaper.

i also think if the kitchen is big enough... dont do the top cabinet will be nicer... unless ur kitchen is small like mine... and also if u really need more storage pl...

with top cabinet and with a hood... its find... dont listen to ur ID too much... if u like to do without hood... is ur own choice... be that is ur own house...

ooo my contractor is handling the capentry side for me too ....

my kitchen is those long type... ooo actually we intend to install the hood one so the capentry was telling my hubby w/o the cabinet then not nice... but we need the hood leh ...

ooo my contractor is handling the capentry side for me too ....

my kitchen is those long type... ooo actually we intend to install the hood one so the capentry was telling my hubby w/o the cabinet then not nice... but we need the hood leh ...

mayb can jus put 2 rectangular cabinet beside the hood loh.. den wont look so bar on the wall..

saw some pix on the net showing minimum top cabinet with chimney hood.. look quite nice oso.

was thinking of doing that as well.. but i got ugly pipes running pass the top of the kitchen wall.. so have to erect top cabinet to cover them up.. haiz.. more $$ wasted..

Mine oso no top cabinet with stainless steel hood. Now my house still under reno, but the finished product will look like this. But my kitchen dun have wall tiles. Juz plaster & paint. Can create different colour on the walls :yamseng:

kitchen1hq5.th.jpg

kitchen1hq5.th.jpg

Mine oso no top cabinet with stainless steel hood. Now my house still under reno, but the finished product will look like this. But my kitchen dun have wall tiles. Juz plaster & paint. Can create different colour on the walls :idea:

kitchen1hq5.th.jpg

kitchen1hq5.th.jpg

kekee i saw ur posting in another thread was thinking haha another same as us le.. then saw your reply here ... my place now under reno too.. at first we wanted to have plaster & paint too but my hubby scare very hard to maintan so we gave up the idea (as he will b baking cakes in the kitchen ...)

Can adv. Anyone using Alumix kitchen cabinet/drawers? maybe all of ur drawers or afew...

Wats the price like? Any carpenter liaise with them?

When to their showroom, said that they supply to carpenters only (something like that).....

my neighbour also do with top cabinet with on wall tiles or glass or ss backing... he just paint it like grey grey colour... and with hoob also...

and his kitchen look very very nice also...

wont loose to my glass backing wall also...

he's kicthen look cool and nice...

and who say without top cabinet or wall tiles or ... look not nice...

dont listen to ID too much... as long as u know what u like and wat u want just do it...

mayb can jus put 2 rectangular cabinet beside the hood loh.. den wont look so bar on the wall..

saw some pix on the net showing minimum top cabinet with chimney hood.. look quite nice oso.

was thinking of doing that as well.. but i got ugly pipes running pass the top of the kitchen wall.. so have to erect top cabinet to cover them up.. haiz.. more $$ wasted..

actually can do box up the conner pipe... if top also hv can do false ceiling...

will look better & nice then do two box beside the hoob...

Can adv. Anyone using Alumix kitchen cabinet/drawers? maybe all of ur drawers or afew...

Wats the price like? Any carpenter liaise with them?

When to their showroom, said that they supply to carpenters only (something like that).....

Alumix is under Zhaplin

Zhaplin hv a so call sister co doing renovation work also... the co is just beside zhaplin

maybe u can check with that co.

saw their web very nice kicthen ... but u can actually ask ur ID to do he same thing also... dont really need to go for almumix... bec if u just do the kicthen it will be very exp ba... but if u use the ID from the co than will be cheaper lor...

cheers