Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rinee

Black yet comfortable house!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A quick update on a busy Tuesday again because I can't wait to share my beautiful wardrobe :wub::wub:

IMG_3014.jpgIMG_3015.jpg

Edited by rinee

7 hours ago, KITTYKTY said:

Could u not have used paint for exterior walls.. They shld be able to withstand the elements better..

Hi Kittykty~

BSC claimed that they had engaged external party for the painting services and had used paint for the exterior surfaces already. Yet it still peeled.:(.

Oh well, We were also afraid that our washing machine will spoil over time because of the exposure of rain and sun. So we put the windows in the end.:~:~

Edited by rinee

So we are currently at a stage where rectifying works are in process. As of date, our renovation works took around two months. To be my fair to my ID, we waited for a week for the aircon to be up.

So yesterday was cleaning day and my ID went up to check on the progress. Pictures ahead!!!:D

Same old living room (Fish tank to be up in mid Dec!)

IMG_3018.PNGIMG_3020.PNG

I like my living room to be super bright but do not like false ceiling. So we over-killed on the number of track lights so much that my ceiling looked super 'busy'. :rofl:We decided to remove some of them, having only 3 track lights per 2M track.

Kitchen

IMG_3016.PNG

Common bathroom

IMG_3017.PNG

Initially, we did not want to have this partition sliding doors. I personally do not like the look of it. We brainstormed with our ID for prettier ways to have  wet and dry areas in the toilet but those ways either compromised on the bathing area or will allowed some water to get into the dry area. So we gave up and went for the typical sliding doors. :dunno:

Common Bedrooms ( one was with the integrated table)

IMG_3019.PNG

Master Toilet

IMG_3021.PNGIMG_3022.PNG

Handover day, please come as soon as possible! :dribble:

looking so pretty! cant wait to see pics with the fish tank & your furniture in!

Btw, those "beams" above the window and beside (where aircon is on) in the living room, are those intentional or default by HDB?

I like yours cos there's no beam between the living/dining area and the ceiling looks so neat like that.

45 minutes ago, rinee said:

IMG_3018.PNGIMG_3020.PNG

I like my living room to be super bright but do not like false ceiling. So we over-killed on the number of track lights so much that my ceiling looked super 'busy'. :rofl:We decided to remove some of them, having only 3 track lights per 2M track.

I am a very lazy person by nature. Going out to shop makes me tired easily. Hence, I turned toward internet shopping specially Amazon for my home stuff. Below are some of the hoots I got :yeah:

Untitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpgUntitled5.jpgUntitled6.jpgUntitled7.jpg

Next up : Taobao Buys!

@northblue @neeganisgod

Hi both, my total reno excluding electrician cost is about low 40k. :bangwall:. We burst our budget!

Shall pm you the ID only when I had finished the renovation as we still have quite a bit of rectifying work to be done!

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, rinee said:

@slashmylove  Thanks for liking our house! =).

The beam above the window is done by HDB while the one at the aircon was box-up by us to hide the aircon piping. 

i see.. cant wait to see the "end results" post! :)

Today was cleaning day!

Though there are rectifying works to be done, we decided to vacuum and mop the whole place for the first time. Now it feels a lot more comfortable.

We also met up with Vincent who is highly recommended in Renotalk. We decided to do both day and night curtains for living room and all bedrooms as our flat faces the opposite block directly.:(.

We were really tempted to take the more fanciful designs but they do not really fit in our simple house. In the end, we decided on the simple dark grey fabric for all rooms and white day curtain.

IMG_3053.JPG

On 22/11/2016 at 7:38 AM, rinee said:

Hi! The following were what I had brought. They were fitted in just last Saturday. My ID did not call me to report on anything so I figured they were working fine. Even if they do not fit, I guess your plumber could find an adapter for it. 

Oh but we did encountered a problem that our rainshower was too long for the master toilet as we had to box up the aircon pipping (My unit was on the highest floor so there was no initial pipes for hdb to box up). In the end , the plumber had to cut off a bit to fit in and attach to the wall.

I had found both the rainshower set and kitchen tap retailing in singapore so I feel safe ordering them from the net. I took my chances with the toilet taps as I could not really find nice tall taps for the toilets locally.

Hope that helps!:D. One thing I never regret with this renovation it to spend this money on the taps and rainshower:yeah:

IMG_2950.PNGIMG_2951.PNGIMG_2952.PNG

Hi please provide Hansgrohe link, the price is so much cheaper compared to XTwostore? Thank you.