Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SahraChiu

Turning a 40-yr old HDB into a 'beach house'

On 12/24/2016 at 11:36 PM, blacksheep said:

Very nice!:rolleyes: whats the reson for the restriction?

Hmm I really don't know... Must be one of HDB's many rules! I think they are worried that the water will seep through and damage the floor. Maybe even wet the downstairs ceiling :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As we all know, time flies :) We need to start before the CNY (this year is a good year for my hubby!), so we need to make up our minds quickly. We decided to go with the #1 young IDs because of their enthusiasm and very competitive pricing. They even offered us a 50-50 payment system, ie. 50% at the beginning, and the remaining 50% upon completion. We like that idea! We have heard from some colleagues that their contractors request stage payments – hence when the house is almost ready at 80%-90% completion, the contractor slows down and takes weeks to finish. We certainly do not want to be in that situation :wacko:

The new plan with an additional toilet bowl :) We propose to HDB that a glass door will be inserted to separate wet and dry areas. Great aesthetic values as we can see through the glass door so the toilet will not look too cramped!!

Final toilet floor plan.png

Our IDs have sent us the 3D design. They look awesome right?!!! :D :yeah:though we know that the final result will not look so fancy due to our budget constraint haha #NoMoneyForMosaicTiles #BeingRealistic :wacko:

Design pic #1.jpg

Design pic #2.jpg

On 12/29/2016 at 10:00 PM, SahraChiu said:

Hmm I really don't know... Must be one of HDB's many rules! I think they are worried that the water will seep through and damage the floor. Maybe even wet the downstairs ceiling :)

Bummer:huh: asked them about it:D anyways have a nice reno joirney!