Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mezlina

Security for home

My family has just moved to a new home. We have a 2-year-old kid and since both of us are professionals we have to appoint a babysitter during the day. As the crime rates are increasing day by day, I’m really tensed. I have heard about some interactive home monitoring systems in toronto . They offer us video monitoring services to keep in touch with our home even if we are away. So, I'm  planning to have such systems which can be connected to my mobile so that I can always see what’s my baby doing, if someone has come etc. It would be even better if there are some alarm systems that can be linked to my system so that I get immediate notification about any danger. I wish I could get some more suggestions that I can include along with this? Have you anyone tried such systems? Please do share here.

Edited by mezlina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have a nice time mezlina. I am a newbie here and was having a similar situation at my home.  But, till now I had been not using any video monitoring systems or so.  We do have appointed a caretaker for our baby. She is a nice girl and till now we hadn't had any problems. Well if you have placed such video monitoring systems or so, it will help you far better. 

We have an IP Cam at home, we got it only for less than hundred bucks and with this, i have peace of mind everytime i want to check on my children using my mobile phone or when i miss them, it also has 2 way voice so i can talk to them in loudspeaker or they can talk to me back, its like walkie talkie if you can imagine.. dont have idea on alarm to notify of any danger. 

Well, it is great that you have gone for a security system. Make sure that it works properly. Because I had such an experience. Had installed a motion sensor, but I realized it was not working only when an intruder just tried to get inside my home, and it showed not any signs like beeping or alarms or so..

Hi guys,

I'm a homeowner, father and works during the day. I was in the same dilemma as you. Furthermore, I wanted a affordable system and not those costing more than $500 bucks. I also realised most IP cameras need a power cord and a power point even if they advertised that they are wireless. I wanted something totally wire-free because I did not have a power point where I wanted to place the camera. Did my research and found this TOTALLY wire-free system. Tested in my own home and it works. 

Decided to bring in to help others like myself and also to make a little side-income to subsidize my monthly expenditure on the kid. I posted about the CCTV in another thread . PM me if you are interested. It costs only $299. Cheaper that the cheapest FULL CCTV home security system you can find in Mustafa.