Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

11 hours ago, floppy said:

Brown - warm colour. Hence, more cozy.

Grey - cool colour. Hence, more cool / cold.

Both combination will do fine. However, the colour will also depend on the theme of your decor and /or colours of your living room / bed rooms. The colours have to flow and the house has to look coherent as a unit. Otherwise, you risk the whole house looking very tacky. Based on the rest of your 3Ds, I would say brown kitchen fits in better.

2 hours ago, sapphire89 said:

Hi there! I think you've got a lovely layout or your house and definitely more budget than me! The cost of the renovation is potentially due to the amount of carpentry for your place and by limiting the amount of carpentry the price comes down. I spent about $28k on my 5 room BTO...

Love your turquoise backsplash but I'm not so daring! The brown laminates are pretty dated. I suppose what you can do with the grey kitchen to make it more scandi is to brown laminate your trimmings where they show? Though with the backsplash, there might be a clash of colours. If you want a warmer looking kitchen, your cool tone backsplash will unfortunately look out of place. Have a look at my kitchen to see if it helps! :) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72412-nordic-crush/?page=16 

thanks for all the advice! really appreciate it.. i thot no one reading my blog ;)

i think with my marble floor, its very difficult to achieve scandi look, and it would look weird pairing wood grain laminates with my marble floor. so i had to adjust my thinking and my mood board to be more modern for my house. 

we have chosen mostly grey/brown laminates so i think a grey kitchen would go with the overall look. 

i had both sides of camp for the turquoise backsplash so asking id to choose a more soothing turquoise or blue colour to go with the kitchen laminates to see if it is a better choice. after that i will decide to stay with my daring choice or go for a more soothing colour.

love your kitchen.. its really scandi looking!

we have 2 kids and a lot a lot a lot of toys and other barang! :rolleyes: so storage is a must if we want to keep everything out of sight.. so decided to spend bit more on carpentry instead of buying off the shelf storage.. and that takes us further away from the scandi look... so modern look here we go!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I reckon this is a good time to start buying stuff for the house.. there is a lot of sales going on now cos of CNY..:yeah:

Yesterday asked my hubby to take a look at tvs at  Gain city and he called me to say that Samsung has a deal now worth checking out, so today i went down to Gain city to check this out! 

First purchase for the house! 

Samsung 55" UHD KU6400

We din get the curved tv as we thought it might not flush with our feature wall.. and the budget also :D

next up, sofa!

samsung-tv-uhd-ku6400-picture-hdr.jpg

great tv choice fifteenmay! I was just looking at it as well over this weekend hehe.

I'm looking to renovate my 4 room resale as well after CNY.

Would you be able to share your id package and quotation and contact?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, zened88 said:

great tv choice fifteenmay! I was just looking at it as well over this weekend hehe.

I'm looking to renovate my 4 room resale as well after CNY.

Would you be able to share your id package and quotation and contact?

Thanks!

pm sent! 

hope you got the tv you wanted too!

First Taobao purchases for house

Have to say if there was taobao when i was in pri sch, i would have done very well in chinese..lol..my chinese improved from f9 to at least c6 due to taobao! :yeah:

i have been buying taobao for clothes,toys previously but buying for house is a first. i used 12.12 event and prime voucher for these purchases.. and due to 12.12 mad rush, waited quite a while to receive them so thank god i ordered them earlier! so if can, order early :D

Here are the stuff that i have bought and received so far!

Bidet spray for bathrooms

-feels heavy and solid..

https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=http%3a%2f%2fs.click.taobao.com%2ftslxOPx&src=

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 6.01.37 PM.png

White track lights and tracks x 16

-as recommended by Kangandbin.. petite and sleek looking.. no wires poking out

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 6.03.58 PM.png

next up, bathroom accessories and kitchen/bathroom taps

On 1/2/2017 at 11:44 AM, fifteenmay said:

while head aching on our 3d, we received a piece of good news.. seller has informed us that they will hand over the keys to us on 20 jan.. a few weeks earlier than our initial 3rd feb date.

so id will proceed with hacking permit from 23rd onwards and hack hack hack! then rest for CNY then come back reno start!

so excited!

yet.. head aching on design! :~

Key collection for you tomorrow. Yay!!