Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hacking day 3

ID WhatsApp pictures to me!:yeah:so happy to see the progress

Haulage have started

IMG-20170124-WA0018.jpg

Hacked the tiles off the balcony wall but now there s a gap between the window and the wall! :wacko: original hdb design wor... so now got to spend money to cover that hole...faintz

IMG-20170124-WA0016.jpg

New Entrance to storeroom in the kitchen opened.

IMG-20170124-WA0014.jpg

Door frame in the kitchen removed and huge kerb in between the service yard and kitchen hacked! so happy to see the kitchen looking so much brighter!

IMG-20170124-WA0013.jpg

my additional have to do due to condition of house--hacking off the dirty breaking apart marble skirting.. 

IMG-20170124-WA0011.jpg

Tiles are here! but have to wait till after CNY before tiling can start..****

IMG-20170124-WA0010.jpg

Looks like reno would halt now.. till after CNY chu 10 when tilers start work! Cant wait to see results!

Have to say An and B have been really responsive to all my questions/Grilling and Wa msgs on whether the items i wan to buy from Taobao can or not.. Poor guys deserve a good break over Cny and come back energised! Good Job An and B! :D

Edited by fifteenmay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
6 hours ago, fi5hbone said:

Exciting!!!

1 hour ago, flowerie123 said:

Great progress! 

yaya! excitement was built then came to a halt cos of CNY! lol :lol:

Balcony Tiles selection

We had decided to level up the balcony area to the living room and had hoped to use tiles to match our marble tiles. however, the only tile that Soon Bee Huat had wasn't that matching to our marble tile. id mentioned that anyone can see that we tried to match the marble tile and failed... lol.. so the next option is that we do a contrast.

Vinyl was an option but we couldn't find the one ... and we decided that we still prefer tiles so off we head to sbh to choose a wood alike tile.

We found the one!

IMG-20170202-WA0004.jpeg

So lovely! but OUT OF STOCK!!! :~ Shipment coming in 3 months time so cannot.. so sad.. really this was the perfect choice for us. had to continue finding.. was considering the bottom top tile until the sales guy came out with the bottom tile and said that this one still got stock cos someone cancel.. same series but slightly lighter than our first choice.

IMG-20170202-WA0010.jpeg

it somehow grew on us and so we reserved it! it was slightly over budget but i think my id gave up on me and say let me choose it.. haha must buy him lunch :P

so presenting our balcony tile!

IMG-20170202-WA0012.jpeg

Tiling starts on monday, can't wait to see the result!

Edited by fifteenmay

Bed purchased!

Finally got to ordering our bed.

We went back to our trusty SERTA... bought a queen sized serta 6 years ago and we often said that it was the best decision ever... so now new house its also SERTA! wah the price of things really increase a lot over the years. i remember our last mattress is 1.5k now our new mattress is twice the price!

I like the soft and plushy type of mattress where else hubby oh well, trained well by army can sleep on anything so its up to my choice... so presenting our king sized Serta Constellation mattress! we bought king cos our two kids still like to snuggle  kick us out of our queen sized bed so heres hoping that a king sized bed can hold all 4 of us! 

We also bought a storage bed frame from Serta and chose PVC over fabric because of kids :unsure:

Serra is having their 85th anniversary sale and the bed comes with pillow, mattress protector and serta counting sheep. we told the sales girl that we do not need any more toys so she exchanged it with an additional mattress protector.. more practical..:P

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 7.56.55 PM.png

see the plushness! can't wait!

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 7.57.17 PM.png

Wow! Squeezing 4 in a king bed!

We already find it quite a squeeze with 5 of us on a queen + super single side by side. Hoping with the move to the new place, we can 'kick' the elder 2 to their own room. :P

33 minutes ago, flowerie123 said:

Wow! Squeezing 4 in a king bed!

We already find it quite a squeeze with 5 of us on a queen + super single side by side. Hoping with the move to the new place, we can 'kick' the elder 2 to their own room. :P

Lol poor hubby pay so much for the bed but already resigned to the fact that he might not sleep on it for a while. a super single mattress might be hard to squeeze beside our king so maybe hubby is banished out... :wacko:

we already psyching the kids to sleep in their new bedroom so hopefully when we move, we can get them out! :P

A Royal Flush!

Though Reno has stopped for CNY, the buying has not stopped! we are on a roll! :lol: poor hubby's pocket!

Next item on the shopping list--our toilet bowls.

did research on where to buy them and then decided to go back to the shop we frequent 6 years ago! last time had good feedback, now still good feedback... which is none other than GR Link at Jalan bersah. Take note that the shop opens at 1pm. we reached at about 12.45pm and uncle Benny was just a step ahead of us! hahaha... while waiting for him to open, we took a look at Poh Seng but overheard the auntie in there on the phone with a customer on the wrong order delivered...:unsure:

Uncle Benny personally served us and was very experienced. he had quite bit of advice for us resale owners.we decided to splurge bit on the toilet bowls as we will spend quite bit of time on it everyday.. :D was deciding on the Geberit system and it was between the Baron w888 or Magnum 1035. 

Thus presenting our master bedroom Royal throne!

Magnum's 1035!

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 3.01.15 PM.png

it looks similar to the Baron but has the soft closing cover that we had to top up $20 if we had chosen the Baron. 

Its bit sleeker on top which we want cos our toilet aint that big and its sitting area is wider than the Baron that would be better for our kids (we dun wan kids dropping into the toilet!)

As for the common toilet, we took a cheaper Magnum Model 1022

Short and cute! :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 11.34.00 AM.png

All in all, a pleasant experience shopping at GR link. Uncle Benny was pleasant to talk to and patient with us. Cant comment on the delivery service yet.

Note that Uncle Benny is away from 11-22nd Feb. 

Edited by fifteenmay

Cooking up a storm! 

We are on a buying roll! ordered our Oven and Hob as well during the weekend

Went to Best Denki in Imm to order from hubby's friend. had bit of friendship discount :D

ordered the same oven model that we used 6 years ago and matching hob this time round.

i asked hubby's fren about the recent electrolux exploding glass hob incident and he mentioned that bosch's hob is using schott glass.. i have no idea how much better is Schott glass compared to electrolux glass but i am taking a leap of faith here and hope nothing happens as glass hob looks nicer in my kitchen :blink: i had used my rinnai hob for 6 years previously and it was fine. so here's hoping bosch is the same! 

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 12.13.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-05 at 12.10.51 PM.png

here's to more cooking and baking in my new house!

Tiling Day 1

Was real excited for tilers to start work! 

Our resort master bedroom toilet... se toilet so small, only can put one feature wall tile enough liao! :~

IMG20170206205953.jpg

Master bedroom toilet in day light (ID whatsapp me this pic to let me know how high my rainshhower can be)

IMG-20170207-WA0010.jpg

The screed kitchen...

IMG20170206210313.jpg

kitchen tiles waiting to be laid.. ooh la la.. falling in love with my tiles again..

IMG20170206210546.jpg

couldn't step into the common toilet so id whatsapp me this pic.. i think tiler did a great job in trying to match the waves... 

IMG-20170207-WA0009.jpg

materials for bases are in the house too

IMG20170206210600.jpg

can't wait to see what tilers did on day 2!

IMG20170206210553.jpg

Edited by fifteenmay