Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Edited: sold! 

Another taobao boo boo :~

lugged the heavy rain shower set over to new house to find out that the tb rain shower set i bought is suitable for storage heater instead of instant heater that i have.. so my loss is your gain! :wacko:

Rain shower set is the same one as @kangandbin has on her blog. very solid and heavy. bought it at SGD175 Inclusive of shipping and delivery. selling it for sgd160...Already in Spore so save you on the waiting time (i waited 3 weeks for it to arrive). self collect in serangoon as it s really heavy!

pm me if interested!

Screenshot_2017-03-03-15-38-43-15.png

Screenshot_2017-03-03-15-39-40-17.png

Edited by fifteenmay

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
5 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Another taobao boo boo :~

lugged the heavy rain shower set over to new house to find out that the tb rain shower set i bought is suitable for storage heater instead of instant heater that i have.. so my loss is your gain! :wacko:

Rain shower set is the same one as @kangandbin has on her blog. very solid and heavy. bought it at SGD175 Inclusive of shipping and delivery. selling it for sgd160...Already in Spore so save you on the waiting time (i waited 3 weeks for it to arrive). self collect in serangoon as it s really heavy!

pm me if interested!

Screenshot_2017-03-03-15-38-43-15.png

Screenshot_2017-03-03-15-39-40-17.png

Hi 15may,

The Rubine instant water heater that you bought comes with rain shower. Why did you buy this rain shower set in the first place?

25 minutes ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi 15may,

The Rubine instant water heater that you bought comes with rain shower. Why did you buy this rain shower set in the first place?

lol blame my itchy fingers.. i know that it came with rain shower but saw good reviews for the tb rain shower. so now i pay for my itchy fingers..:blink:

10 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Painting in progress!

it all started when i was oogling at our paint choices before...

IMG20170301095343.jpg

realising that it wasn't the wash and wear series that we requested for...

IMG20170301095438.jpg

a quick call to AN and correct paints were brought up. The head painter apologised for the error so no biggie! let the painting begin!

IMG-20170301-WA0009.jpg

one man show

IMG20170302101335.jpg

satisfied with our master bedroom colour

IMG20170302114413.jpg

next come the candy colours! side by side

Left study room

Right Girls' room-colour chosen by them

IMG20170303114641.jpg

its bit too pink for me but the girls would be pleased with their room which was more impt!

Will use white and grey for their furnishing.

IMG20170303114503.jpg

study room colour chosen by hubby-came out abit bluer than in the catalogue but colour is soothing so hopefully can study better? ahahah

IMG20170303114546.jpg

waiting for living room and kitchen to be painted. that colour is used in quite a few areas so hopefully it comes out nice! 

Aww! I love the candy paint colours of the rooms side by side! Perhaps I can consider doing that for my boys' and girl's rooms :yeah:

12 minutes ago, flowerie123 said:

I'm thinking of getting a rain shower from tb too! I hope not all rain shower from tb are not compatible with instant heaters..:blink:

better learn fr my mistake and ask e seller! 

12 minutes ago, flowerie123 said:

Aww! I love the candy paint colours of the rooms side by side! Perhaps I can consider doing that for my boys' and girl's rooms :yeah:

Lol.. I got no boy leh and this happened 

wow sorry for your taobao booboo! i think its not as easy as it seems esp when it comes to appliances. i also need to be more careful when shopping for them since i dunno will fit sg's measurement or not. your rainshower looks really nice tho what a pity. but its possible that a rainshower will fit instant heater just need to find the right model or instant heater totally cant use rainshower? 

i spoke to an ID the other day and he told me he had a client who bought those flip up cooker hood from tb then realized its not compatible cuz in china their hood connects to an exhaust pipe that goes outside the house even for apartments whereas for ours its mostly recirculate type. and another ID told me that his client bought a mixer tap from tb and when they fixed it some rusty colored water came out from the tap. they had to ask the plumber over again with a new tap to verify whether the prob was the pipe or the tap. so scary and unforseen. dont even went to think about my tb purchases now lol

8 hours ago, matchalatte said:

wow sorry for your taobao booboo! i think its not as easy as it seems esp when it comes to appliances. i also need to be more careful when shopping for them since i dunno will fit sg's measurement or not. your rainshower looks really nice tho what a pity. but its possible that a rainshower will fit instant heater just need to find the right model or instant heater totally cant use rainshower? 

i spoke to an ID the other day and he told me he had a client who bought those flip up cooker hood from tb then realized its not compatible cuz in china their hood connects to an exhaust pipe that goes outside the house even for apartments whereas for ours its mostly recirculate type. and another ID told me that his client bought a mixer tap from tb and when they fixed it some rusty colored water came out from the tap. they had to ask the plumber over again with a new tap to verify whether the prob was the pipe or the tap. so scary and unforseen. dont even went to think about my tb purchases now lol

yes, learn from my mistakes. ..its something about the mixer got hot and cold which is suitable for storage heater. if use instant heater, still can use but only the handheld one would have hot water, the rain shower wouldn't :(

ya a lot of things are a gamble but the price savings if the gamble works is a lot more :unsure: so have to keep fingers crossed.

if you are planning to get stuff from tb, buy early.... i am still waiting for my lights on my ship since cny!!!!:bangwall:and this is causing delay in my reno

For all the stress and headache it has caused, this box up deserves a mention here.:bangwall:

So last monday, An arranged for Citigas to bring the piped gas into the kitchen as the last owner was using gas tank. Citigas came down and saw this box up and said that the gas pipe is inside this box up and they dun have authority to cut the box up in order to pull the pipe into the kitchen.. so there starts the tai chi...

got asked to call town council to come down when citigas come down the second time to come to a consensus who is to open the box up.

Town council came, say must ask HDB. Citigas come, say its town council... :bangwall:

after emailing HDB, Town council and meeting Citigas the whole of last week, it all came to the point that  the town council officer say must meet his manager at our place at 10am today. reach at 10am, no town council... call them and they say will come at 11 plus due to emergency whatever... blood boiling... we drove down to town council to pressure them... in the end we met back at our place at 11.45am. manager come and thank god brought his sub con. one simple word to sub con to ask him to cut and its done...wonder why must he come all e way just to say it..:blink:

the box up that cause all the hoo ha in the first place..

IMG20170301113820_1.jpg

in the end... 

IMG-20170304-WA0011.jpg

lets hope it is the end of the box up saga.. totally drained me this week dealing with this..

Edited by fifteenmay

Updates

Things are moving pretty smoothly so far. If any delays,its cos of my taobao stuff still sailing here :wacko:. An has been speeding up stuff as he wants to finish our project before his other projects start. 

Living room/kitchen/passage way/service yard painted -off white grey. You wld think its white until u compare it to the ceiling.

IMG20170303141253.jpg

IMG20170303141242.jpg

Door frames alao painted

IMG20170307151411.jpg

Toilet bowls,heaters and bidets installed 

IMG20170304101857.jpg

Got a pleasant surprise today when i went up. Saw that frosted door and shower screen are up.

IMG20170307150952.jpg

IMG20170307151031.jpg

Tiler also did our shampoo ledge for us 

IMG20170307151013.jpg

Open net wiring also laid (id sent video)

Screenshot_2017-03-06-14-41-21-83.png

Extra service fr id-helped to remove our number sign before citigas comes on friday. :P

Screenshot_2017-03-06-14-41-57-18.png

update on box up saga...

Finally citigas managed to pull the gas pipe into my kitchen! phew glad that it is resolved! citigas had to ask an expert to come down to inspect, together with the installation team.. :rolleyes: my id say first time he encountered this.. lol...

Lights will be installed this wed, floors polished by this week as well and carpentry is tentatively slated to come in on 21st!

whee.... :D