Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

money flowing out again!:~

carpentry is being installed and it hit a snag this afternoon.

u all remember my citigas saga? so citigas came and drilled a hole to let the gas pipe into my house. today, we realised that carpentry came and measure before citigas fixed the pipe,causing this to happen

IMG-20170323-WA0008.jpg

so id came up with 2 options for us to consider

1st option-id say foc but he say will look very out of place as this area can be viewed from outside through my glass panel...:wacko:

IMG-20170323-WA0010.jpg

2nd option--must pay money--install top hung cabinets to hide the pipe. he also suggested if we do the top hung cabinets, to move our fridge into the space below it to enhance the kitchen flow... BUT electrical point had already been installed so id has to create a new point there... i can see where he is coming from and it makes sense to move the fridge there however pple would see the side of my fridge when looking in,not ideal but...le sigh.. money has to be spent...zz

IMG-20170323-WA0009.jpg

Also, after painting and electrical piping went up, we realised that there is alot of small gaps between the electrical pipe and the walls cos walls is not even, resulting in black lines around the house, which was unsightly to me.. couldnt take it and ask id got any solution?? he say got, but must pay money..:~

IMG20170320125634.jpg

bo pian, cannot unsee the black lines so have to spend money to make sui sui.. 

Tonight going up to see progress and will update! 

Edited by fifteenmay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

u all remember my citigas saga? so citigas came and drilled a hole to let the gas pipe into my house. today, we realised that carpentry came and measure before citigas fixed the pipe,causing this to happen

IMG-20170323-WA0008.jpg

1st option-id say foc but he say will look very out of place as this area can be viewed from outside through my glass panel...:wacko:

IMG-20170323-WA0010.jpg

2nd option--must pay money--install top hung cabinets to hide the pipe. he also suggested if we do the top hung cabinets, to move our fridge into the space below it to enhance the kitchen flow... BUT electrical point had already been installed so id has to create a new point there... i can see where he is coming from and it makes sense to move the fridge there...le sigh.. money has to be spent...zz

IMG-20170323-WA0009.jpg

Also, after painting and electrical piping went up, we realised that there is alot of small gaps between the electrical pipe and the walls cos walls is not even, resulting in black lines around the house, which was unsightly to me.. couldnt take it and ask id got any solution?? he say got, but must pay money..:~

IMG20170320125634.jpg

Isn't the wrong measurement considered a lapse by ID which they must make gd?

3 minutes ago, daryl78 said:

Isn't the wrong measurement considered a lapse by ID which they must make gd?

the carpentry measurement was done before citigas came in with the pipe placement.so cannot say its their fault also cos citigas was the one who placed the pipe outside of the box...i think a unforeseen circumstance.. 

4 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

IMG-20170323-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20170323-WA0010.jpg

2nd option--must pay money--install top hung cabinets to hide the pipe. he also suggested if we do the top hung cabinets, to move our fridge into the space below it to enhance the kitchen flow... BUT electrical point had already been installed so id has to create a new point there... i can see where he is coming from and it makes sense to move the fridge there however pple would see the side of my fridge when looking in,not ideal but...le sigh.. money has to be spent...zz

IMG-20170323-WA0009.jpg

IMG20170320125634.jpg

Can use white silicon to cover the gaps. That is what i do to my old house.

2 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

the carpentry measurement was done before citigas came in with the pipe placement.so cannot say its their fault also cos citigas was the one who placed the pipe outside of the box...i think a unforeseen circumstance.. 

The ID shd make sure mah, else why we pay them to coordinate the project

3 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Huh? But ID should know that you are getting citigas to pull in the pipe mah, so should have arrange with you to ensure citigas pull in pipe before measurement is done what... This is very basic leh - very weird. Maybe you stress him too much that he forgot... hahahahaha

My ID ask if I am doing gas hob, and I was having one gas hob, and then say must get the gas pipe in first before the carpentry measurement can do leh.

Edited by Alpc

U all know my citigas saga right? By right, citigas was supposed to lay pipe before carpentry came in but due to the taichi here and there, was only laid after carpentry came and measured. ;)Citigas also lay the pipe in e weirdest place ever, right next to the wall line so even if ask them to redo the whole Tall cabinet, the cabinet wldnt be flushed agst the wall Liao..  

Anyhoo, accepted their suggestion of top cabinets cos more storage is always welcome!  

2 hours ago, zph19101 said:

Can use white silicon to cover the gaps. That is what i do to my old house.

I think that's what I m paying for them to do. apparently, it's not within e scope of the electrical pple.  :wacko:

Edited by fifteenmay

14 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

I think that's what I m paying for them to do. apparently, it's not within e scope of the electrical pple.  :wacko:

My ID so far didn't charge me extra for the silicon but he did mention something about sealing only the top part of the casing and not the bottom cos to allow for expansion. Not sure if this is true or not. Any inputs @zph19101

Edited by Belle26

27 minutes ago, Belle26 said:

My ID so far didn't charge me extra for the silicon but he did mention something about sealing only the top part of the casing and not the bottom cos to allow for expansion. Not sure if this is true or not. Any inputs @zph19101

ID shouldn't charge extra lo.. Silicon doesn't cost much. I don't think the casing will expand la. I did it myself at my old house, and its fine.

21 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

IMG-20170323-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20170323-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20170323-WA0009.jpg

IMG20170320125634.jpg

Stay Calm!! im very sure it will turn out better than you imagine! 

2 hours ago, Belle26 said:

2 hours ago, zph19101 said:

ID shouldn't charge extra lo.. Silicon doesn't cost much. I don't think the casing will expand la. I did it myself at my old house, and its fine.

i asked my id already. he say that those 45 or 90 degree casings that has holes tt can be seen, its foc filled up with silicon. Kitchen carpentry also is SOP to fill up with silicone but applying silicon to seal up gaps due to uneven ceiling and wall for electrical casing is not SOP,tt s why must top up. he say he will apply silicon top,bottom,left and right everywhere that carpentry doesnt cover. ;) i think silicon not expensive but labour is :wacko:

Carpentry in progress part 2

Top hung cabinets installed in kitchen

IMG20170324203350.jpg

My extra cupboard is also here. thats fast!

IMG20170324203715.jpg

Master bedroom cabinet-seems like they just finished pasting the laminate.

IMG20170324203442.jpg

Cupboard in between living and dining room also installed. 

IMG20170324203643.jpg

No pics of living room cos want it to be a surprise! Lol..cheap thrill..

carpentry looks good!! and track lights actually look good in your home maybe coz its big! im too chicken to put it in my home, initially wanted to put in my 2.4m BIG kitchen! haha

everything will be ok, cant wait to see your big surprise lol

11 hours ago, matchalatte said:

carpentry looks good!! and track lights actually look good in your home maybe coz its big! im too chicken to put it in my home, initially wanted to put in my 2.4m BIG kitchen! haha

everything will be ok, cant wait to see your big surprise lol

thanks! i cant wait for it to be done.. my track lights are the small small type like @kingandbin one,but more expensive..lol.. i din want those big ones that can see wire type.