Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Nice carpentry n marble floor omg !!!! I love marble floor ! It's not easy to come across units with marble floor as they are so costly 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 5/4/2017 at 11:57 PM, Kobelala said:

Nice carpentry n marble floor omg !!!! I love marble floor ! It's not easy to come across units with marble floor as they are so costly 

i think marble floor not so popular liao in this time. everyone going for vinyl and scandi look.. :lol: for us, we thot we hit the jackpot when we found this place with marble floor and parquet in the rooms.. :P

On 5/1/2017 at 7:26 PM, Tourcrazy said:

Hi fifteenmay, could u kindly share with me your ID's contact and the quotation? Thanks!

On 5/1/2017 at 10:17 PM, clong said:

Hi fifteenmay,

can u kindly share with me your ID's contact and the quotation?

Thanks!

pmed! Hope An can help u!

5 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

i think marble floor not so popular liao in this time. everyone going for vinyl and scandi look.. :lol: for us, we thot we hit the jackpot when we found this place with marble floor and parquet in the rooms.. :P

Yes I agree , it's jackpot for u !!! marble floor have evergreen look imho. :)

On 5/6/2017 at 5:00 PM, Kobelala said:

Yes I agree , it's jackpot for u !!! marble floor have evergreen look imho. :)

thanks! am glad that our marble floor's pattern is quite nice too and we din need to spend too much money on the floors..a repolish was all it needed to bring it back to its shining glory! :P because of this marble floor, we cldnt go for the scandi look, but in hindsight, i like my house theme better! 

My biggest achievement in this reno journey is getting custom made curtains from taobao! My chinese is cannot make it one but have to say becos of taobao,my chinese is from f9 upgrade to at least c6! My chinese teacher wld have been so proud! I liased with the.sellers on aliwang asking them abt the price for the length and height that i wanted.Once confirmed price,i engaged ezbuy buy for me services and they help me to order and ship it over.cldnt use prime as the sellers i chose werent on prime.

I wanted binds but i worry about my kids playing with the binds string and strangulation.. Mothers always worry.. 

Also i realised that curtains wld suit my house better,softening the look and creating a cozier environment.

Ordering curtains fr taobao was really tempting as they had lots of options and were really really much cheaper! I really mean it when i say much cheaper! 

All in all, i had day and night curtains in living and dining room and curtains in all 3 rooms.total cost? Sgd622!! My mum who had offered to make the curtains for me was shocked at the cost as the sgd622 was inclusive of cloth and workmanship.she said that if we had bought the cloth here,it wld have been ard that price liao! 

Here s presenting my dining and living room curtains!

Day and night curtains 

IMG20170508220128.jpg.85063fa248ed4484b4eb716026e83d46.jpg

Day curtains 

IMG20170427204233.jpg.47881ee1e639f064bb73635657983845.jpg

Softens the house's lookIMG20170506120913.jpg.a85d3d5a8a1e50fa46b6f4a40603c2ea.jpg

Night blackout curtain-have abit of shiny feel to it.

IMG20170506120921.jpg.e17e3cbd1f490c95900106bd4d060bd2.jpg

Really pleased with the quality and price of the curtains..Will reveal the other curtains soon! 

IMG20170508220713.jpg

3 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

thanks! am glad that our marble floor's pattern is quite nice too and we din need to spend too much money on the floors..a repolish was all it needed to bring it back to its shining glory! :P because of this marble floor, we cldnt go for the scandi look, but in hindsight, i like my house theme better! 

Sis, marble floor imho is floor finish of all flooring, I'm house hunting now and u know it's not easy to get marble floor,... rest assured it's worth the sacrifice for Scandi theme.. :D at least for me, I'll sacrifice marble flooring for any theme :D.. it's really class act n ex... for 100 sqm area, easily 30k up .... u got jackpot trust me... nice curtains too, the quality ok ?

Edited by Kobelala
Typo

12 hours ago, Kobelala said:

Sis, marble floor imho is floor finish of all flooring, I'm house hunting now and u know it's not easy to get marble floor,... rest assured it's worth the sacrifice for Scandi theme.. :D at least for me, I'll sacrifice marble flooring for any theme :D.. it's really class act n ex... for 100 sqm area, easily 30k up .... u got jackpot trust me... nice curtains too, the quality ok ?

Thanks thanks! Marble floor also got some cons that we din know til now.. Slippery when wet and porous! So no drinking of wine in my place..lol..

Curtains cloth are good quality so sgd622 is very worth it! Happy with the material 

Room curtains

Kids room.. Had alot of compliments for this.my girls love their curtain! 

IMG20170408185536.jpg.9b34811f49290f6577a289a3772e0b05.jpg

IMG20170420225608.jpg.ef52b59de736da741dc7c537f6f61fec.jpg

Both study and master bedroom curtain is the same but different colour.apparently this curtain is a korean style and alot of sellers have it. I purposely chose a two tone curtain as i had only one curtain rod in e rooms and i wanted a two curtain look.

Masterbedroom curtain in beigeIMG20170427204401.jpg.afd7e3f9532f7c4a435c6444d1d0b82c.jpg

Study room in grey

IMG20170427204259.jpg.5c543fc8f1736b853186e3681b611257.jpg

Curtain review:cheap and good! 

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

Thanks thanks! Marble floor also got some cons that we din know til now.. Slippery when wet and porous! So no drinking of wine in my place..lol..

Curtains cloth are good quality so sgd622 is very worth it! Happy with the material 

Hahaha drink beer lo..... wow if quality good then maybe can u pm me the link to buy ? pics looks very good too :) your gal looks in her new home Haha

buying curtains on taobao is really a great feat..... especially won't know the quality and whether it will come in correct measurement. but its great that you manage to do it and looks so wonderful!!! 

4 minutes ago, May_dream1 said:

buying curtains on taobao is really a great feat..... especially won't know the quality and whether it will come in correct measurement. but its great that you manage to do it and looks so wonderful!!! 

U are everywhere today sis... on leave ah :D

4 hours ago, Kobelala said:

U are everywhere today sis... on leave ah :D

no lah, working leh..... where got everywhere? only your blog and 15thMay. hahahaha...... nowadays not easy to find tblog that are long and have many pages. this is one of those loh. not like during our time, all our tblog are super many pages. 

3 hours ago, May_dream1 said:

no lah, working leh..... where got everywhere? only your blog and 15thMay. hahahaha...... nowadays not easy to find tblog that are long and have many pages. this is one of those loh. not like during our time, all our tblog are super many pages. 

True leh, our time the t blogs and now slightly different... I think the main reason is during our time very little BTOs, all resale and resale mostly is major works so longer Tbogs Loh, our time still got open house and meet ups one haha

Edited by Kobelala
Typo

12 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Honoured that you r reading my tblog @May_dream1! Ya 6 years ago the blogs were different..got alot of pages and alot of discussion one! Maybe tt time we more bo liao haha.also,last time obly had renotalk.now got so many other avenues to explore lk qanvast etc..i  also had open house for my bto neighbours that i met on renotalk! Good times! I abit not used to now not many pple comment on blog,make me feel so lonely.. 

Totally agree sis..... back then 1 toilet bowl can discuss 2 pages .... wahahaha