Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

On 2/21/2017 at 0:22 PM, fifteenmay said:

Electrical casing and wiring done--look at all e casing :wacko: But bo pian we din wan false ceiling and old flats cant hide the casing within e ceiling.. 

Screenshot_2017-02-21-12-14-52-63.png

Screenshot_2017-02-21-12-15-00-22.png

Screenshot_2017-02-21-12-15-06-38.png

Screenshot_2017-02-21-12-15-11-59.png

Now undergoing air con piping and plumbing.. 

Looks like we are at a similar stage of the reno! Electrical works started yesterday at my place and like you, i was like :blink: at all the pvc casing! Btw, what kind of switch plates are you using? I just asked my contractor which ones she is using and told her I would like to use legrand mallia/belanko for some of the plugs and switches. We never had that discussion before and I am afraid it might be too late to arrange for that!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
3 hours ago, bie18 said:

Looks like we are at a similar stage of the reno! Electrical works started yesterday at my place and like you, i was like :blink: at all the pvc casing! Btw, what kind of switch plates are you using? I just asked my contractor which ones she is using and told her I would like to use legrand mallia/belanko for some of the plugs and switches. We never had that discussion before and I am afraid it might be too late to arrange for that!

i asked before and my id say electrician using those normal mk switch.. i wanted to use nicer switches but that would be out of my own pocket.. thinking whether should i or not...

Can I side track.

I tried to order Toilet Vanity set from TB.

But they say it won't deliver to Singapore.

This is my first time ordering.

Do we need to use our agent or have to go through some other process?

Please advice

1 hour ago, my3rmflat said:

Can I side track.

I tried to order Toilet Vanity set from TB.

But they say it won't deliver to Singapore.

This is my first time ordering.

Do we need to use our agent or have to go through some other process?

Please advice

Ya i tried ordering vanity cabinet fr ezbuy prime. But they reverted that high possibility of damage and they wldnt be held responsible. I figured no point wasting the $200 plus and item comes damaged so i din buy in e end. 

You can try ezbuy.sg or oops 

• Like 1

Plumbing done in a day

Kitchen sink area

IMG20170222115120.jpg

service yard

IMG20170222115134.jpg

so amused to see this curvy pipe.. have to say the curve looks nicely done.

IMG20170222115234.jpg

toilet

IMG20170222115435.jpg

special inlet for my kangen water machine

IMG20170222115251.jpg

wouldnt have much updates from now as we are meeting carpentry team tomorrow to discuss internal carpentry requirements and they need about 20 days to fabricate.. we are ahead of schedule but my lights from taobao are going to delay the process as they are still on a ship sailing here! :bangwall:

we will start painting next tuesday and i am going :blink: with what colour to choose! sort of decided but so scared it doesn't turn out nice..

Edited by fifteenmay

Wah, our schedule is really in sync. My place is also doing plumbing now and painting will be next week (i agonised over the paint colours for so long! Very nervous abt how it will turn out). My kitchen carpentry wont take as long as yours though. It's supposed to be up in 2 weeks' time. Prob cos i dont have that many cabinets. 

1 hour ago, bie18 said:

Wah, our schedule is really in sync. My place is also doing plumbing now and painting will be next week (i agonised over the paint colours for so long! Very nervous abt how it will turn out). My kitchen carpentry wont take as long as yours though. It's supposed to be up in 2 weeks' time. Prob cos i dont have that many cabinets. 

jia you jia you! right.. like so nervous whether the paint colours we chose are the right ones... and its just paint!:o

ooh that means you would be faster.. my lights are still stuck in the ship!

On 24/02/2017 at 0:08 AM, fifteenmay said:

Ya i tried ordering vanity cabinet fr ezbuy prime. But they reverted that high possibility of damage and they wldnt be held responsible. I figured no point wasting the $200 plus and item comes damaged so i din buy in e end. 

You can try ezbuy.sg or oops 

Thanks for your help

ceiling fans

actually the initial plan was to go into JB to tampoi or HT lighting to get the Aeratron fan for the living room and the elmarks for the rooms.. and then my id said our living room fan cannot go beyond 52 inch due to our track lights...:blink: and i realised that our fan would not exactly over the sofa due to structure beams:( i figured we need a more powerful and functional fan.

After reading @ricepapergirl and @kangandbin blog, i was about to buy Fanco FFM7000 for the living room but was bit hesitant due to the design not being very fancy..hahha..

Sunday, we went to GR Link to pay the deposit for my toilet bowls and Uncle Benny introduced us to Samaire fans.. have to say Uncle Benny was quite persuasive and convinced us that 48 inch Samara 483 would be powerful enough to cover the living room. Hubby also like the Antique brass colour of the fan and the design was pretty.. so we decided to save the trip into JB and just order from GR Link without doing any research.. lol..that shows how persuasive uncle Benny is... lets hope its the right decision! dunno whether 48 inch would be too small for the living room or not.. 

Living room without light kit

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.10.01 PM.png

Master bedroom and Girls' room with light kit

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.08.46 PM.png

Also got our vanity cabinet but it cost a bomb as compared if i bought from taobao.. but taobao got high risk of breakage so decided not to risk it and buy in spore.

IMG20170226144433.jpg

We also ordered our Rubine instant heaters from Uncle Benny and all would be delivered on Thursday!

Rain shower series for master bedroom

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 6.23.45 PM.png

normal instant heater for common toilet

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 6.24.05 PM.png

After that,we walked to lightings.sg shop to look for our dining room light. Finally found one that both hubby and wife cam agree on.

We chose the middle one  

IMG20170226151329.jpg

Edited by fifteenmay

first boo boo

my boo boo in fact.. :bangwall:

bought the wrong type of light for my master bedroom foyer so now see if anyone wants it? this light needs false ceiling to install. my hse no false ceiling ;)

bought it from taobao prime for $4.40 exclusive of shipping.

selling it for $4, self collect at my place as its fragile.

item has reached my hse and seems to be in good condition i.e. no cracks or visible scratches.

i bought 5w led yellow light.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 9.37.43 PM.png

let me know if interested!

37 minutes ago, daryl78 said:

Hi 15may, can share the damage for the Rubine rainshower instant heater? U got consider the Rinnai rainshower heater?

Pmed

Painting in progress!

it all started when i was oogling at our paint choices before...

IMG20170301095343.jpg

realising that it wasn't the wash and wear series that we requested for...

IMG20170301095438.jpg

a quick call to AN and correct paints were brought up. The head painter apologised for the error so no biggie! let the painting begin!

IMG-20170301-WA0009.jpg

one man show

IMG20170302101335.jpg

satisfied with our master bedroom colour

IMG20170302114413.jpg

next come the candy colours! side by side

Left study room

Right Girls' room-colour chosen by them

IMG20170303114641.jpg

its bit too pink for me but the girls would be pleased with their room which was more impt!

Will use white and grey for their furnishing.

IMG20170303114503.jpg

study room colour chosen by hubby-came out abit bluer than in the catalogue but colour is soothing so hopefully can study better? ahahah

IMG20170303114546.jpg

waiting for living room and kitchen to be painted. that colour is used in quite a few areas so hopefully it comes out nice! 

Edited by fifteenmay