Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 minute ago, my3rmflat said:

Brown can be just as nice.

IMG_0645.JPG

ya i must change my concept. my mother has advised me not to use white in the kitchen cos very hard to maintain but i have woody kompacplus so got to choose beige laminates.. cos grey and wood is a odd combination for me.. 

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

ya i must change my concept. my mother has advised me not to use white in the kitchen cos very hard to maintain but i have woody kompacplus so got to choose beige laminates.. cos grey and wood is a odd combination for me.. 

My current kitchen is white and beige.

It's not so difficult to clean, get the grossy type it should be OK.

11 hours ago, my3rmflat said:

My current kitchen is white and beige.

It's not so difficult to clean, get the grossy type it should be OK.

really? my mum say that dun get glossy cos can see handprints and all.. which is true in my previous house case.

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

really? my mum say that dun get glossy cos can see handprints and all.. which is true in my previous house case.

White glossy cabinets for mine. Super easy to clean and they look good most of the time. 

40 minutes ago, bykaraanne said:

White glossy cabinets for mine. Super easy to clean and they look good most of the time. 

oooh interesting.. lets see whether my combi works or not. if not i can consider glossy

17 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

oooh interesting.. lets see whether my combi works or not. if not i can consider glossy

Hi fifteen may,

consider white cabinets and brown kompacplus table top. Goes very well with the grey tiles you have in the 3D drawing!.

You might want just 1 pendant light for your dining table. 3 is abit too much unless ur table is big. just my 2 cents to help you :)

3 hours ago, mamit said:

Hi fifteen may,

consider white cabinets and brown kompacplus table top. Goes very well with the grey tiles you have in the 3D drawing!.

You might want just 1 pendant light for your dining table. 3 is abit too much unless ur table is big. just my 2 cents to help you :)

hey,thanks for the suggestion! i saw a lot of kompacplus with black or white laminates images.. looking for something more unique :D so trying brown on brown.. waiting for 3d to see if it works or not.. 

i haven't bought my living room light yet so thanks for that advice!

tile selection

As hubby starts a new job in the new year, we foresee that he might not be able to take too many days of leave in the first few months of his new job, so we decided to choose tiles now, rather than waiting for the handover of the flat in hopefully mid jan 17.

we only had to choose 2 bathroom tiles and kitchen tiles and we took 2.5 hours on a weekday!:rolleyes: 

our id advised us to go on a weekday as there are less pple than salesppl, which was a good idea as we din feel rushed in making our decision... 

we went to soon bee huat at changi and made the mistake of going up to the 3rd floor where the designer tiles were:wub:, but our budget made us come back down again..:o

here are our tile selections!

Kitchen floor 

IMG20161220112903.jpg

together with the kompacplus countertop we chose. we chose a light beige laminate for the cupboards before our tile selection, so we need to rechoose cos no contrast agst the floor.IMG20161220112550.jpg

Common toilet floor tile-non slip

IMG20161220113606.jpg

Common toilet wall tile-- we wanted a whitish grey one, but oos.. so sad.. but this one will work also we hope!

IMG20161220115436.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

we saw a display mock up in sbh and felt that it look rather resort cum hotel feel so we just chose that 

IMG20161220120209.jpg

closer look at the feature wall

IMG20161220121936.jpg

the mock up we saw..

IMG20161220121912.jpg

the most ex of the tile we chose but the least impt one lol!

we want to level up our balcony to our marble floor living room and this is the closest match we could find.. 

lets hope the difference doesn't look too obvious

IMG20161220121427.jpg

thats it folks! thank god we did not need to choose bedroom and living room tiles otherwise more headache.

based on the laminates and tile we chose, its looking to be a beige grey house!

IMG20161220120018.jpg

Edited by fifteenmay

3d- first draft before tile selection

Kitchen

to amend

-Floor tile to greyish

-Cabinet both top and bottom to be greyish white

-check with id if bottom cabinets are suspended?

kitchen copy.jpg

Living room looking into kitchen

To Amend

-Cant see my tall unit in the 3d..

kitchen 2.jpg

Living room

to amend

-Floor tile to be more beige 

-looks very modern and abit too cold to my liking..need to talk to id on how to make it more cozy.

anyone got any ideas?

living.jpg

Master bedroom

to amend

-dun really like those light lines on the cupboard

master.jpg

kids bedroom

Not too sure if we like those c lines on the cupboard

room 2.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

to amend

-totally different tile selected.. must redo cos we din give them the tile selection beforehand but i guess vanity cabinet looks ok?

bath.jpg

FifteenMay,

My humble suggestion.

1. The top white should swop with the bottom beige for easier maintenance.

2. The Blue backsplash does not go well with the earth tone.

3. Attached my old kitchen for your reference.

2016-12-01-PHOTO-00001306.jpg

1 hour ago, my3rmflat said:

FifteenMay,

My humble suggestion.

1. The top white should swop with the bottom beige for easier maintenance.

2. The Blue backsplash does not go well with the earth tone.

3. Attached my old kitchen for your reference.

2016-12-01-PHOTO-00001306.jpg

thanks for that.. 

we decided to get rid of the white top altogether and go for a lighter greyish white laminate for both top and bottom..

there are two camps for the turquoise backsplash lol.. one camp loves the contrast, the other says its too striking.. 

• Like 1

brought my id down to the flat to do some measurements and the actual condition of the flat.

realised the following:

-the proposed design of the kitchen needs to change cos of our fridge dimension would eat into our kitchen's walkway, so 3d needs to change design too.. with this, even less countertop space ;)

- i might not be able to have a rain shower in my master bedroom toilet as there is a pipe blocking the height of the rain shower. :angry:

-id insisting to plaster the whole house is a correct decision as we can see hairline cracks on the walls

-our chosen living room tile is not a real match to our marble floor which our id calls almost orange colour :rolleyes: but bo plan.. 

- our parquet is overlaid on the marble floor, causing a big step up from living to room. hopefully id's way of making a ramp works.

-my dream of having a scandi theme is getting further and further due to the marble floor and the laminates we have chosen.:~

after the visit, we sat down to discuss the first draft of our 3ds.. and i realised that my id reads my blog. Hi AN!:yeah:

So we are waiting for the second draft of 3d and i hope the living room would look more cozy and less officey