Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Francis07

Anyone engaged Carpentry Design work before?

Guest Francis07

Hi I had a quote drom Carpentry Design work pte ltd.

The price within my budget but i saw a bad review here.

Pls share your experience , thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Also gotten a quotation from them. The price is really lower than others. Kinda difficult to believe. 

Pls pm or share if anyone has any review 

Hi guys,

If you wanna sign up for their package, i suggest u need to find out more on their id/company background. I did engage them to renovate my house. but it was an absolute nightmare. it took them 7 months to finish 95% of the works. And subsequently did not finish up the work as according to the contract.

Their package may sound very tempting with the free aircon. but the experience I went through is terrible. Simply terrible.

Edited by Maldini03

• Like 1

Haiz! Again!!!! Non stop. Again....and again....and again. The other topic locked. Go to new topic. Then again and again. Keeps commenting and debating. But refused to go to authorities if its true u are being cheated. So Boring!!!!!!!!

Edited by putrisherie

Again, I reinterate, sign at ur own risk. If u can afford long delays, unanswered call and messages, sleepless nights, go ahead and sign on. The savings here is nothing compared to the above.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, Maldini03 said:

Hi guys,

If you wanna sign up for their package, i suggest u need to find out more on their id/company background. I did engage them to renovate my house. but it was an absolute nightmare. it took them 7 months to finish 95% of the works. And subsequently did not finish up the work as according to the contract.

Their package may sound very tempting with the free aircon. but the experience I went through is terrible. Simply terrible.

Edited by Sandraemerald

I happened to come across this thread.  It is sad that this company got so many negative comments.  On the other hand, the positive comments here only show 3D drawings of works with no actual pictures of completed works.  My personal opinion is why the company do not put up more direct replies or post actual completed renovation pictures or pictures with satisfied clients here.  Maybe that will help.  From this company's facebook, you are a SME500 award winner, then your company should be long established and certainly not a small company compared with numerous other IDs and contractors.  

I think for owners to sign their interior designers or contractors, they should do their homework.  My own 10 suggestions for appointing an ID or contractor as follows:

1) Do an Acra company search to check - directors, owners, date of incorporation, capital, etc.  it costs only $5 I think which is a small sum to what you are paying them.

2) Check their HDB Renovation contractor license - avoid those without licence if possible, unless you know them personally.  Do note that a lot of ID borrow licence from professional licence issurers for a fee for every project if I am not mistaken.  Check whether the name of the licence holder which is on HDB website is the same as the companies' directors.  It is even better if your renovator is the same HDB licence holder.  It is so easy for any one to open and shut a renovation company, and then start another one.  Nowadays, even automotive car companies are having similar scams.  Having a nice showroom and office, does not meant they will not shut down and leave you hanging.

3) Pay them in stages.  If possible, do progressive payments.  I read somewhere here that some other contractors do this.  I know it can be done because my contractor have quite similar payment method - he only collect after he started work or materials delivered at site or completion of that stage of works.  If your contractor or ID simply refuse any other progessive options except theirs of paying over 90 percent for works that are not even near what is completed, I suggest you keep looking for one or be careful because hopefully you are not being setup to be a scam victim.  

4) Never pay cash to sale designers as I have heard some of them run away with the payment.  Even if you pay to the company, pay only to the owner or director of the company as listed in Acra search.

5) Take a picture of the director and sales designer's face and his NRIC.  They should come handy in your police report in case of problems or identification of who you are dealing with and are they the same persons as shown in the Acra company report or the quotation you received from them.  I think if they are honest, I don't see a problem if they can take a photo of my NRIC and I cannot take theirs.

6) Project completion deadlines to be included, perhaps with some flexibility but not 6 or 7 or more months when it should take not more than 3 months.

7) Have the clause option in the contract to stop the project at any stage and pay up to that stage if the renovation progress are completely out schedule.

8) Know your renovator.  If they are a referral from someone you know, it is even better.  Talk to them about things other than your renovation.  Look at the character of your sales designers and more importantly, the boss of the company.  Of course, before signing and payment, everything is nice.  I am sorry to say, some really look and talk like gangsters or loan sharks.  

9) Follow them on facebook or instagram for sometime before appointing them.  Who is not on facebook nowadays.  See progressive photos from start till finish.  Be very careful of companies who only post 3D drawings and not progressive to the final completed renovation pictures.

10) Go with experienced contractor who knows their stuff if possible.  Hopefully your house is not a testing project for a young newbies, unless they have a mentor behind all the way throughout your renovation and not during the pre-sales signing period only.

I am not sure how many IDs or contractors can agree to the above, but it offers more protection to owners who got scammed often in renovation as reported in the media and in this forum.  Anyway, these are my personal opinions.  Good luck!

On 4/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, Jessica884 said:

Thanks for the tips @Bubee7788

Oh my, I have gotten a quote from them and was thinking about moving on to the next few stages. That was until i found this thread and read the reviews here

I think now i have to reconsider all my ID choices and do more careful research on them before engaging.. 

Wise choice!

Sherie/sharlyne (owner of carpentry design work/ carpentry interior work) goodluck to u!! Great to know that police just arrested u!! Karma babe!! Cheating people hard earn money wont last u long. Your photo & profile again viral in fb!! I hope this time your sentence would be yearsssss! 

Edited by Westl0c0