Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aong

Which ID to select

I have 2 quotation from TIL and Rezt. With price different about 6k and some different idea, now I am strugggling which ID to select. 

Anyone can give me a piece of advise which ID is good and reliable?

thank all

Ong

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi if you are still considering which over which. Our first request to meet TIL was met with "only can meet during office hours before 6 pm" and we never made it to the first appointment. Was quite disappointed as I'm thinking, where got time to go through with this ID if they are like this.

Our next recommendation was Rezt & Relax to meet Tony and we made an appointment to meet at the Expo. I must say we are glad we chose them over another ID which was recommended by our housing agent.

Some things I'm glad for:

-their Evorich resilient flooring.... good material. I have seen the sample from the other ID. nahhhhh.

- their Blum kitchen cabinet system (after reno then we saw our other gonna-reno frenz talking bout Blum and we were like... oh. But during the process we were like... it's only a brand right? Should we pay so much for it? But I need to say it's really worth it, more about their pricing and quote later

- workmanship & quality - We didnt do alot of feature walls, cabinets etc due to our budget (35K), only hack tiles, flooring, did kitchen cabinets, rewiring, aircon, cement screeds etc. but whatever Tony and Elaine had to arrange to touch up w similar tiles and stuff were good.

- pricing - i think many reviews said they bit more pricey... but from the service and project management we received from these 2, even after paid up and project ended... I will tell people that it's worth it to pay more for piece of mind. :)

We have moved into our home for coming to 3 mths, and was fortunate to have Tony & Elaine be our account reps from R&R from start of project to end. It was a pleasant surprise that we had a team of 2 too, as they covered each other well when meeting up for tile shopping, collection of cheques etc.

What impresses me is not just the end product.. but more like their really helpful n great attitude to making sure everything is right n if wrong they rectify it for us. Most of the time we understand is not their fault but their contractors. Reno is tedious becos handling contractors is a tedious biz.

For the entire process, Tony n Elaine made sure the contractors got things right. N up til recently, even after after payment is finished n we found that the bin is not fixed properly n pests managed to get in after a fumigation session in my resale flat, Tony still made the effort to make sure his contractor changed things to acceptable standard. We didn't expect that but very grateful for it.

And this is after already arranging for nonsense little things like touching up cracked walls, burst bulbs, toilet bowl seats not to expectation... (stuff which are from their third party vendors).

They did not have any mean remarks at all n all the way super accommodating. Is super star service I must say. So yeah, when people ask me why I need a ID, why can't just engage contractor ourselves since our flat did not undergo huge changes in terms of design... I will say... well, becos u need awesome project managers like Tony n Elaine... and I must emphasize that we met a couple of different agencies... but follow these 2 from R&R to have peace of mind.

Oh yar, would like to share another experience with a furniture provider/gate manufacturer/ also provides ID services in Yishun industrial area. Who mixed up the Saturday for fixing of our gate for 1 week later and we were waiting at home for it to come, cancelled plans etc.

Their lights were super cheap, like those fancy hanging vintage ones only costing $100 for a bunch of 3 bulbs w design. but after the horrible experience (living with makeshift lock on old gates for 2 weeks, delayed delivery and gate havent manufactured even after making payment more than 7 days out and they promising gate can be completed in 7 days) and the terse and condescending tone of the customer service executive on the other end of the line when receiving our complaint and seeking alternate solution from her.... we reflected on and compared the service received from R&R 's recommended contractors and will go like " ok lar, R&R de not so bad at least lor, they solve our problems mah"

Yeah. good luck with everybody's reno! if you read this!