Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pandababy

4room Scandinavian with a splash of pastels

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading posts on Renotalk for a few months now, and find it a very helpful source of information. :)  Decided that I will contribute by sharing my renovation journey!

Flat Type:  Resale 4 room Model A1

Size: 102 sqm

Theme: Scandinavian with a splash of pastels - main colours light wood, white, light grey with splashes of pastel pink and mint

Budget:  $40K plus $10K for furniture

ID: Y** Living - after one month of meeting and comparing quotes with 10 over ID/contractors, we decided to go with this ID as their price was most competitive, and the ID was responsive and gave us helpful ideas on how to save costs. 

Floorplan:  The previous owner actually partitioned part of the living room into a Study.  My hubby likes it because he can use it as his man-cave!  The Store used to be in the living room, but the previous owner has removed it and carved space for it it out of an existing bedroom. 

347 Kang Ching Rd Floor Plan_amended.jpg

Some photos of the "Before":

IMG_7252.JPG

Kitchen

IMG_7255.JPG

Service Balcony

IMG_7243.JPG

Living Room

IMG_7247.JPG

Master Bedroom

master toilet.JPG

Master Bedroom Toilet

IMG_7260.JPG

Common Room

IMG_7256.JPG

Common Room Toilet

IMG_7246.JPG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sharing some of the materials we have chosen:

1. Evorich flooring for the Living/Dining, Study and all Bedrooms (in Amsterdam Eggshell)

Copy_IMG_7058.jpg

2. Wall tile for Master Toilet

Copy_IMG_7081.jpg

3. Wall tile for Common Toilet

Copy_IMG_7083.jpg

4. Master Toilet Feature Wall and Floor Tile

Copy)IMG_7082.jpg

First bump along the way....

Second day into hacking, we came across our first bump in the renovation process.  After dismantling the existing kitchen cabinets, our ID said that the aircon pipes were concealed behind the cabinets and some were damaged in the process of hacking.  She said that there were two options:

1) Replace the aircon pipes, with the pipes being run in the same way as before - $140 for replacing of pipes.  The pro is that the new kitchen cabinets will be built over it, so aesthetically it is more pleasing.  The con is that if there is any issues with the pipes later, we will have to dismantle the relevant section of the kitchen cabinet in order to examine the pipes.  :wacko:

2) Re-run the aircon pipes through a different route, along the ceiling.  This would cost us $850 for the running new pipes in a new location,.  The pro is that it will be easier to examine the pipes if there is any issues with the aircon.  The con is that even though the ID will do box up of the pipes, it will still be uglier than if we conceal it behind the kitchen cabinets.

Here is a pic of the black aircon pipes that were hiding behind the kitchen cabinets...

IMG_7304.JPG

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Which option would be better? 

We are working with a tight budget and I think we will end up blowing it up by $4K -5K :~

9 hours ago, pandababy said:

First bump along the way....

Second day into hacking, we came across our first bump in the renovation process.  After dismantling the existing kitchen cabinets, our ID said that the aircon pipes were concealed behind the cabinets and some were damaged in the process of hacking.  She said that there were two options:

1) Replace the aircon pipes, with the pipes being run in the same way as before - $140 for replacing of pipes.  The pro is that the new kitchen cabinets will be built over it, so aesthetically it is more pleasing.  The con is that if there is any issues with the pipes later, we will have to dismantle the relevant section of the kitchen cabinet in order to examine the pipes.  :wacko:

2) Re-run the aircon pipes through a different route, along the ceiling.  This would cost us $850 for the running new pipes in a new location,.  The pro is that it will be easier to examine the pipes if there is any issues with the aircon.  The con is that even though the ID will do box up of the pipes, it will still be uglier than if we conceal it behind the kitchen cabinets.

Here is a pic of the black aircon pipes that were hiding behind the kitchen cabinets...

IMG_7304.JPG

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Which option would be better? 

We are working with a tight budget and I think we will end up blowing it up by $4K -5K :~

Yes option B. I heard that sometimes there is condensation even when there is no issue. U just don't want anything growing behind or in your expensive cabinets.

• Like 1

What colour for the kitchen?

It's mind boggling trying to work out the colour scheme and visualizing how the individual components will come together.  Previously, we had picked out this tile for the kitchen floor:

IMG_7316.JPG

It looked fine in the brightly lit showroom, but now I find it a bit dark and hard to match!  We had chosen a light wood grain laminate for the kitchen cabinets, then decided to change it since the floor tiles are already so "grainy". 

We've chosen our kitchen countertop already - Snow White from Lian Hin.

snow-white_lianhin.jpg

So now the question is, what colour should I choose for the kitchen cabinets and the wall?  I was looking through the Ikea catalogue and thought that a soft grey would look serene and elegant. 

IMG_7326.JPG                             Soft-Gray-Kitchen-Cabinets.jpg

Both these shades of grey look gorgeous to me, but I cannot visualize them with the floor tiles that we've chosen.  Can't change the floor tiles now, since they have already been delivered to the flat.  So what colour laminate would go with the tiles and white quartz counter top...?