Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pandababy

4room Scandinavian with a splash of pastels

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
2 minutes ago, daryl78 said:

Hi Pandababy

May I ask how much is per ft run for your Lian Hin quartz?

My ID quote me $120 per ft for LH quartz, FYI.

2 hours ago, pandababy said:

What colour for the kitchen?

It's mind boggling trying to work out the colour scheme and visualizing how the individual components will come together.  Previously, we had picked out this tile for the kitchen floor:

IMG_7316.JPG

It looked fine in the brightly lit showroom, but now I find it a bit dark and hard to match!  We had chosen a light wood grain laminate for the kitchen cabinets, then decided to change it since the floor tiles are already so "grainy". 

We've chosen our kitchen countertop already - Snow White from Lian Hin.

snow-white_lianhin.jpg

So now the question is, what colour should I choose for the kitchen cabinets and the wall?  I was looking through the Ikea catalogue and thought that a soft grey would look serene and elegant. 

IMG_7326.JPG                             Soft-Gray-Kitchen-Cabinets.jpg

Both these shades of grey look gorgeous to me, but I cannot visualize them with the floor tiles that we've chosen.  Can't change the floor tiles now, since they have already been delivered to the flat.  So what colour laminate would go with the tiles and white quartz counter top...?

maybe a dark shade of grey for the doors.. and the walls can be a greyish white?

13 hours ago, ehwee said:

No sure if I get the colour of your timber floor right, here the simple image edit done for you, hope help ;)

grey.JPG

brown.JPG

Wow thanks ehwee, so much easier to make a decision this way!  I think the first grey works better :D

13 hours ago, daryl78 said:

Hi Pandababy

May I ask how much is per ft run for your Lian Hin quartz?

She quoted me $100 for single profile (meaning only a single layer of quartz), and $120 for double profile (meaning twice the thickness of single profile).

I went with single profile as she said that it will be strong enough for the kitchen counter. Single profile for Lian Hin quartz is 20mm, while for iQuartz it is 15mm. 

1 hour ago, pandababy said:

Wow thanks ehwee, so much easier to make a decision this way!  I think the first grey works better :D

You are welcome, ya, I think the first grey looks better too. The wall finish can be white base materials like tile, color glass or the same snow white stone you have for kitchen top should look good also :)

43 minutes ago, ehwee said:

You are welcome, ya, I think the first grey looks better too. The wall finish can be white base materials like tile, color glass or the same snow white stone you have for kitchen top should look good also :)

ehwee, what software did u use? i also want to visualise my kitchen :D

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

ehwee, what software did u use? i also want to visualise my kitchen :D

I am using GIMP is a freeware, if you know photoshop then GIMP is similar :paint:

6 hours ago, pandababy said:

She quoted me $100 for single profile (meaning only a single layer of quartz), and $120 for double profile (meaning twice the thickness of single profile).

I went with single profile as she said that it will be strong enough for the kitchen counter. Single profile for Lian Hin quartz is 20mm, while for iQuartz it is 15mm. 

Is $100/120 price range restricted to basic colours only? I am eyeing LH Venas Blanco for marble-lookalike pattern. I am wondering how much that would cost.

4 minutes ago, daryl78 said:

Is $100/120 price range restricted to basic colours only? I am eyeing LH Venas Blanco for marble-lookalike pattern. I am wondering how much that would cost.

Yes, restricted to the basic colours only.  I saw the new Venas Blanco colour on the LH website but didn't ask the cost because we were on a budget.  Looks very elegant and classy though!

Kitchen Equipment (some from Taobao)

Sharing some of the purchases for our kitchen:

1. Tecno hood + hob + built in oven package

Hood: TH969TC Slim Hood

Hob: T333TG Gas Hob with Safety Valve in Sparkling Black

Built in Oven: TBO 7006

Tecno TH969TC.jpgTecno t333tg_sb.jpgTecno built in oven TBO 7006.jpg

Got this as a bundle for $1,389 at Hoe Kee Jalan Besar.    Was initially considering Bosch but that bundle costs at least $500+ more.  Thought about getting the oft-talked about Fujioh hood too but it seems like a pain to clean. 

According to some reviews I've read, Tecno's quality is okay for the price.   It is also a Singapore brand so why not support a local product? 

Went in to Hoe Kee on a quiet week day afternoon so the service staff was attentive.  For light cooking (we plan to cook 3 -4 times a week at most), the staff recommended the slim hood.  There were several colours available for the hob, including a pretty Sparkling White.  Was very tempted to go for that colour but decided that Sparkling Black would be a better match for the other equipment.   You can't see it from the picture, but it has beautiful reflective specks embedded in the tempered glass.  Plus, it offered a lifetime warranty on the glass surface!

2. Hitachi R-V630PMSX Top Freezer fridge

570121245_g_400-w_g.jpg

Bought this off Qoo10 at $989 after $120 event coupon and $100 shop coupon.  Huge capacity, has Inverter, dual fan cooling and seems quite energy efficient at a rating of 376kWh. 

3. "纳米"  Sink from Taobao: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-9890041913.27.jCSiFU&id=538636235084 

Kitchen Sink.jpg

Comes as a set with all the above, at 1028 RMB.

I HATE washing the dishes and cleaning up the sink in general.  Just the thought of picking up the food debris from the bottom, scrubbing the greasy film off the side and handling the bacteria filled kitchen sponge fills me with dread.  I had considered getting a Blanco Silgranit sink because of the aesthetics, but abandoned that thought after reading that it was a pain to maintain. 

I started looking on Taobao for 304 Stainless steel sinks first, when I chanced upon this.....supposedly, the sink is coated in a new material called "纳米", which makes it scratch resistant, oil resistant and bacteria resistant!  Water droplets are supposed to glide right off like dew off a lily pad.  Couldn't find any information on this "纳米" material in English so I don't know how true this claim is.  Will have to test it out when it arrives!

4. Xiaomi Smart Rice cooker from Taobao: https://world.tmall.com/item/539959603519.htm?id=539959603519&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.jt6Oh5&_u=gkvrlrn6140

xiaomi rice cooker.jpg

Purchased at 399 rmb.

This is one of my hubby's purchases.  He loves all things tech so couldn't resist getting a "Smart" rice cooker.  You're supposed to download an app onto your phone and you can cook rice using the app?! 

5. Xiaomi Smart Kettle from Taobao: https://world.tmall.com/item/533747335887.htm?id=533747335887&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.jt6Oh5&_u=gkvrlrne450

xiaomi kettle.jpg

Purchased at 199 rmb.

This is another one of my hubby's purchases.  Can boil water and control the keep warm temperature using an app. -_-;

6. Multi-Purpose Cooker from Taobao: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=41626401720&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.jt6Oh5&_u=gkvrlrnd96d&skuId=84243164893

Steamer cooker.jpg

Purchased at 489 rmb.

This will allow me to put in the ingredients the night before, and wake up to freshly made congee/soup/stew/steam food in the morning!  You can also set a timer as to when you want it to cook.  For someone who cannot reach home in time to cook in the evening, I can just prepare the ingredients in the morning, set it to cook in the afternoon and come home to a piping hot meal.  It comes with 1 big and three smaller individual pots, so you can cook rice, soup and other dishes at the same time!  Looking forward to trying it out. I'm so motivated to cook when I have a new toy. :sport-smiley-018:

7. Detachable bin and towel rack from Taobao: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=520189099088&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.jt6Oh5&_u=gkvrlrn0f25

hanging bin and towel rack.jpg

Purchased at 22.90 rmb. 

One of my hubby's purchases.  This will come in handy!

Other items I want but have not purchased yet:

Blum - like kitchen organisers: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39851971998&toSite=main

TB1R_fZOXXXXXahXVXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_430x430q90.jpgTB2RtwBXYbC11BjSszbXXXRbpXa_!!2088035038.jpg_430x430q90.jpgrice dispenser.jpg

Blum is really expensive so I found these online that looks just as good!  The last one is actually a rice dispenser that hides inside the cabinet.  Just need to wait for the ID to get back to me on which dimension to get....

Edited by pandababy