Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pandababy

4room Scandinavian with a splash of pastels

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Evorich Flooring

My Evorich HERV flooring (Amsterdam Eggshell) was installed last week.  Was a little unhappy with them because they said they had to charge me $250 for moving my existing furniture (consisting of a few pieces that previous owner left behind + new stuff bought from Taobao).  I remember I mentioned that there will be a few pieces of furniture lying around when I asked for a quote, and they never told me that there was going to be an additional cost.  Since their workmen was already at the site when they highlighted this issue to me, we had no choice but to pay the additional amount.

To their credit, the salesperson was quick to make amends, giving us a 50% discount due to it being a miscommunication. 

I like the colour of the floor but I wish we didn't need to do skirting.  Our ID said it was necessary as otherwise there will be a gap between the edge of the flooring and the wall after the overlaying. 

We could choose between wood or laminate for the skirting material.  We ended up choosing laminate as 1. wood costs twice as much and 2. wood only had a choice of three colours - white, black and dark walnut.  For laminate, we were told that the colour will be the same as the HERV flooring.  After they have done the skirting though, I found that there was a marked difference between the skirting and flooring material....

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with the flooring so I guess I just need to close one eye and let the minor things go. 

Pictures of my flooring/skirting:

IMG_7714[1].JPGIMG_7715[1].JPG

Edited by pandababy

2 hours ago, pandababy said:

Evorich Flooring

My Evorich HERV flooring (Amsterdam Eggshell) was installed last week.  Was a little unhappy with them because they said they had to charge me $250 for moving my existing furniture (consisting of a few pieces that previous owner left behind + new stuff bought from Taobao).  I remember I mentioned that there will be a few pieces of furniture lying around when I asked for a quote, and they never told me that there was going to be an additional cost.  Since their workmen was already at the site when they highlighted this issue to me, we had no choice but to pay the additional amount.

To their credit, the salesperson was quick to make amends, giving us a 50% discount due to it being a miscommunication. 

I like the colour of the floor but I wish we didn't need to do skirting.  Our ID said it was necessary as otherwise there will be a gap between the edge of the flooring and the wall after the overlaying. 

We could choose between wood or laminate for the skirting material.  We ended up choosing laminate as 1. wood costs twice as much and 2. wood only had a choice of three colours - white, black and dark walnut.  For laminate, we were told that the colour will be the same as the HERV flooring.  After they have done the skirting though, I found that there was a marked difference between the skirting and flooring material....

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with the flooring so I guess I just need to close one eye and let the minor things go. 

Pictures of my flooring/skirting:

IMG_7714[1].JPGIMG_7715[1].JPG

looks good! very scandinavian looking!

• Like 1

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM, pandababy said:

Tiling and Piping for Bathrooms done!

1. Master bathroom before piping

IMG_7603.JPG

2. Master bathroom with piping

IMG_7612.JPG

3. Common bathroom before piping

IMG_7601.JPG

4. Common bathroom with piping (storage heater will be installed in the Common bathroom)

IMG_7613.JPG

Master bedroom looks good !

• Like 1

Still in my researching stage and I like what you have done so far. Can you share your reno package and ID please?

Thanks in advance