Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
my3rmflat

My Cheapo 5 Room Flat

12 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

would there be a shower screen between the shower area and the cabinet? would the cabinet get wet if someone bathes there?

Yes, there will be a screen and the cabinet is waterproof with 5 years warranty.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Quite piss off with my contractor,

Everytime will have excuses.

My whole house is white except the featured wall and he took the liberty to paint my door frame to brown without consulting me,

because his reason is, it will take many coats to paint it white and I won't able to close the door.IMG_3007.JPG.80f110a9e9bf7c177bdb169a90cd4f74.JPG

When I ask him to paint the door to white, which is in the quote now he tells me that it is veneer and can't be painted.

Is there any truth in it? I thought if you paint a coat of primer you can paint the veneered door, Am I not right?

IMG_3009.JPG.76905f0b5e4120587584e671d0e3fd4a.JPG

When I complain that the plumber didn't use their brain, when they instal the mirror they should cover the old holes.

He says is for safety issues, because when you wash your face, it will hit the mirror.....haiz WTF!

IMG_3008.JPG.6caa03358f218bb94d37fb243ec9b503.JPG

10 hours ago, my3rmflat said:

Quite piss off with my contractor,

Everytime will have excuses.

My whole house is white except the featured wall and he took the liberty to paint my door frame to brown without consulting me,

because his reason is, it will take many coats to paint it white and I won't able to close the door.IMG_3007.JPG.80f110a9e9bf7c177bdb169a90cd4f74.JPG

When I ask him to paint the door to white, which is in the quote now he tells me that it is veneer and can't be painted.

Is there any truth in it? I thought if you paint a coat of primer you can paint the veneered door, Am I not right?

IMG_3009.JPG.76905f0b5e4120587584e671d0e3fd4a.JPG

When I complain that the plumber didn't use their brain, when they instal the mirror they should cover the old holes.

He says is for safety issues, because when you wash your face, it will hit the mirror.....haiz WTF!

IMG_3008.JPG.6caa03358f218bb94d37fb243ec9b503.JPG

i think my id also told me before that veneer door cannot be painted. only classic wooden doors can be painted.

1 minute ago, fifteenmay said:

i think my id also told me before that veneer door cannot be painted. only classic wooden doors can be painted.

Will check it out, if cannot will change the whole door : (

13 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Is not true, you can google.

Can be painted, maybe not that profitable for them to do so.

Because you need to sand down, add a primer and then paint it.

8 hours ago, my3rmflat said:

Is not true, you can google.

Can be painted, maybe not that profitable for them to do so.

Because you need to sand down, add a primer and then paint it.

The reason is because it is just too much work to sand it down and make it even. 

If you want you, yes you can,... but its no joke.

Edited by acetone

1 hour ago, acetone said:

The reason is because it is just too much work to sand it down and make it even. 

If you want you, yes you can,... but its no joke.

Yes, I know is tedious work.

The contractor committed but back out when found is veneer and just try to brush it off and say, can't be done.

The correct way is to say, it can be done, but requires many steps but we'll lose money.

Explain it rather than just bluff the way and treat us like a fool.

Another example.

Quotation was on Vinilex500 paint, but they use Matex paint.

After the painting, there's is still a tinge of the former paint work still visible.

When I show him the photos of the paint can they are using, he says oh, they use the wrong paint, let me get them to redo.

2017-04-12-PHOTO-00000152.jpg.c33613c9dbd6b9cba712d49a60cb77f3.jpg

By then, I already have all my other furniture ready to move it and I can't afford anymore delay.

This guy is trying to just do some quick con job. very typical.

So, is he going to just compensate on the paint difference or should he compensate much more? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, my3rmflat said:

The contractor committed but back out when found is veneer and just try to brush it off and say, can't be done.

The correct way is to say, it can be done, but requires many steps but we'll lose money.

Another example.

After the painting, there's is still a tinge of the former paint work still visible.

When I show him the photos of the paint can they are using, he says oh, they use the wrong paint, let me get them to redo.

By then, I already have all my other furniture ready to move it and I can't afford anymore delay.

So, is he going to just compensate on the paint difference or should he compensate much more? 

yes... some contractors really very jialat. they always find ways to cut corners.

Edited by acetone

53 minutes ago, my3rmflat said:

Another example.

he use matex on walls??

17 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

matex is usually used for ceiling only.

Just came to know they are the cheapest.

I wanted easy wash and they talk me out in using it.

Saying when touch up will have uneven colours.

So I change to Vanilix and yet they give me craps. : (