Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bie18

My First Home: The Bachelorette Pad Edition

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very detailed look-book! looking forward to see your reno updates but how did you get your contractors to quote before you collected the keys?

My friend was telling me better to collect keys first so contractors can give a better (accurate) quotation after seeing the place with measurements. 

4 minutes ago, ahmiu said:

Very detailed look-book! looking forward to see your reno updates but how did you get your contractors to quote before you collected the keys?

My friend was telling me better to collect keys first so contractors can give a better (accurate) quotation after seeing the place with measurements. 

Thanks for reading, ahmiu :) All the IDs and contractors i approached were ok to give me quotes just based on my floor plan..most of them did say their quote is subject to adjustments after actual measurements. My budget includes a 5-10k buffer for additional works that may need to be done along the way but the initial quotes were good enough to help me decide who to go with.

6 minutes ago, trcd said:

Like the tile selection. The one for the kitchen seems to be a 30x60cm? Mine is rather similar!

Thanks :) i went to see yr t-blog but couldnt find a clear pic of yr kitchen tiles... yup, the one i chose is 30×60 cm. Notice that most ppl use that size nowadays. If u hv a clear pic of yr tiles, wld love to see it! Btw, i have tge same rice cooker... bought it some time ago :) seems like our tastes are similar. Oh yeah, btw, how much did yr front door from **** cost?

I just realised you're right - oops I did not take pictures of my kitchen tiles :D 

Will take a clear photo for your reference and upload it soon! PM you on the price of the door.

• Like 1

Have you started shopping on furnishings? Electronics shopping is really quite fun too!

I realised that I should have started shopping for the sofa months earlier, as some require time if you were to customise colours. So, start early! :) 

hey bie18, really like your ideas! the colour schemes you chose in particular are all beautiful, hope to see more updates when your ideas get realised. could you please share your contractor's contact with me through pm? we're also looking to renovate our house soon. thanks!

22 hours ago, trcd said:

Have you started shopping on furnishings? Electronics shopping is really quite fun too!

I realised that I should have started shopping for the sofa months earlier, as some require time if you were to customise colours. So, start early! :) 

I was raring to start shopping months ago, but had to wait cos there would be no space for the new stuff in my current space. Finally got to start in late dec/ early jan, with my custom-made platform bed, followed by cooker hob and hood as the first major purchases. Also chose my fridge at courts toa payoh when i had to go to hdb hub to collect my keys 2 wks ago! Will write more abt those appliances in a separate post.

Sneak peek of my custom-made platform fm here: https://www.facebook.com/pnrcustom/.   It is made up of individual boxes which can be taken apart and moved to another room/house. The two boxes at the bedhead area are 90cm by 60cm while the rest are 60 by 60 cm. The middle box at the end of the bed is a drawer. The configurations can be customised to yr preference. Price is 2k plus. I am planning to sleep on it with just a futon mattress, jap style, instead of a thick mattress, so i can easily open up the boxes whenever i want.

835ce1d026a19e1c7bf2be770b46a818_1.jpg

Edited by bie18

11 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

lovely tiles selection and nice moodpboard!

Thanks, u r very kind. Am following yr t-blog closely too :)