Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Did you ended up waiting for it, or decide to proceed without the 3D drawings?

I waited for it....

Edited by Pinklicious

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi pinklicious, sorry to hear about ur hiccup. from the way i see it, it could be just a small mis-communication here.

fyi, most IDs only give 3D drawing when you confirm with them. reason being 3d drawing costs $$$. for most IDs, they get freelance to do the 3d drawing, therefore per piece is chargeable. i think 1 or 2 changes to the initial 3d drawings are reasonable for customers. like my case, i didnt like the design of the tv console and feature wall my id gave me. instead of asking him to redraw a new one, i just show him a picture from a magazine and tell him to copy. this way will save time.

my experience with my ID on the carpentry charges is that depending on the design, the cost may varies. this is because some designs require additional material, hinge, glass or etc. besides that, i think my ID gave me a relatively low rate for per ft run, that's why he could not throw in my initial requested items like black mirror and etc. hehehe. however, if your ID already quoted you a high rate like $230+/ft (based on my time; not sure about the current rate now) and still asking for top-up, then you may want to negotiate with him further to work on the cost.

dun worry too much. such hiccups r normal. good luck!

Im writing this review for submit design to appreciate the work they had put in helping me to realized my dream home, my designer...As usual, after weeks settling down in my new house, its time to write appreciation to William and his team...
My house was brought in June2011 but I encounter one issue, I only have exactly 3weeks for any renovation involved.
I know that Punggol flat do have a lot of floor popping going on, so my first concern is to redo the flooring for whole house.
I go thru thoroughly in renotalk, one by one, I met the contractors, to my surprise, no one actually have the confident to complete the reno within 3weeks for whole house flooring and both toilet revamp and carpentry work. Me and my wife was so shock and lost, as we do not have any other place to stay if we have to extend the reno for more than 3weeks.
It seen like we have to abort the plan to do much renovation until we go thru review in Submit design thread and callup the designer for an meeting to see whether how can it be done.
After much discussion, I was really impressed the way he plan and prioritize the work as much as possible to cater for my early move in. At least I know he is different from other contractors, he is willing to put in effort to think and plan ahead using his experience even though he know that my decision to get which contractor has not fix yet, unlike some contractors I met, almost immediately tell me its not possible. He drafted out schedule worksheet, clearly stated when is the date to do which items, which weekend he will ask for workers to work, which holiday is affected and how to remedy the situation, Im very appreciative for his effort even though I know its a draft copy.

After we finalized our decision to choose him as our contractor, he did not stop there, very swiftly he done the 2D floorplan on our reno and lightings arrangement followby 3D design pics.

Next, he enhance the accuracy of the work schedule, and confirm all workers availability during the project timeframe.

Next brought us to select tiles and lightings. Then, work begins.

Almost everyday, he updated me thru whatsapp, iphone apps...taking pics and write to me about the progress...So i guess he is sort of a very responsible guy who did his job seriously without compromising quality although its a rush job. Finally, house done up, we moved in, happy and a comfortable house we got, :yamseng:

I’m writing this review for submit design to appreciate the work they had put in helping me to realized my dream home, my designer...As usual, after weeks settling down in my new house, its time to write appreciation to designer and his team...

My house was brought in June2011 but I encounter one issue, I only have exactly 3weeks for any renovation involved.

I know that Punggol flat do have a lot of floor popping going on, so my first concern is to redo the flooring for whole house.

I go thru thoroughly in renotalk, one by one, I met the contractors, to my surprise, no one actually have the confident to complete the reno within 3weeks for whole house flooring and both toilet revamp and carpentry work. Me and my wife was so shock and lost, as we do not have any other place to stay if we have to extend the reno for more than 3weeks.

It seen like we have to abort the plan to do much renovation until we go thru review in Submit design thread and callup the designer for an meeting to see whether how can it be done.

After much discussion, I was really impressed the way he plan and prioritize the work as much as possible to cater for my early move in. At least I know he is different from other contractors, he is willing to put in effort to think and plan ahead using his experience even though he know that my decision to get which contractor has not fix yet, unlike some contractors I met, almost immediately tell me its not possible. He drafted out schedule worksheet, clearly stated when is the date to do which items, which weekend he will ask for workers to work, which holiday is affected and how to remedy the situation, I’m very appreciative for his effort even though I know it’s a draft copy.

After we finalized our decision to choose him as our contractor, he did not stop there, very swiftly he done the 2D floorplan on our reno and lightings arrangement followby 3D design pics.

Next, he enhance the accuracy of the work schedule, and confirm all workers availability during the project timeframe.

Next brought us to select tiles and lightings. Then, work begins….

Almost everyday, he updated me thru whatsapp, iphone apps...taking pics and write to me about the progress...So i guess he is sort of a very responsible guy who did his job seriously without compromising quality although its a rush job. Finally, house done up, we moved in, happy and a comfortable house we got, :yamseng:

So fast? I'm praying hard mine can deliver by CNY, started work last month... You are 1 lucky fellow! :good:

Edited by Leyenda

We are writing this review as a thanks to Summit Design Studio & our ID William Wong & his team of people.

As many has reviewed, William does not fail to uphold his reputation by being a very patient,helpful and responsible ID.

Our renovation (4-room HDB) started at the start of Sep and was completed within 1 month. Thanks to William, during this timeframe we only went down to our flat 4 times during working days for decision making purpose (carpentry, false ceiling etc).

Like what pinklicious has mentioned, William always kept us updated on the progress of the renovation with pictures via Whatsapp. This really puts us at ease and let us know exactly what is happening without the need of going down to the unit every now and then.

There was some minor hiccups during the renovation process, however William is able to take care and resolve everything allowing the renovation to progress as planned. In fact he still managed to complete the renovation ahead of his schedule.

After-reno service remains good, as we notice some issues which we contacted William and he get his men to settle it promptly for us.

I would say William really does his job well, from initial design stages to realizing the works in real life. He covered everything well and allowed us to have a smooth and headache free renovation process! :thumbs up:

Just signed with SDS today. Hope all will be fine. :)

Wow... since u signed in 2012, did you have to pay GST for your contract? I was told that I had to pay GST since I going to sign the contract only in 2012, thus adding on additional of $2-3k.

Wow... since u signed in 2012, did you have to pay GST for your contract? I was told that I had to pay GST since I going to sign the contract only in 2012, thus adding on additional of $2-3k.

his post was at 1am+, most prob means he signed on the evening/night before, i'd think

if u need a ID whom can travel to ur location for meet-up, i will recommend James Chew.
(btw i stay north AMK).

For west then i'm not too sure if he can travel all the way to meet u, perhaps u can find more from him. And he stay somewhere further up north after WDL.

Hope this info helps.

Hi, yes, i signed it on the 31st. :) Your ID didnt tell you about the impending GST thingy?

Edited by RedStar