Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi recently i shifted from sengkang to marsiling rise.from a premium flat to a resale old flat.u can imagine after living in a brand new flat n den now an old flat. When we 1st chose our jumbo flat we were excited but at the same time really afraid that will pay so much for the renovation. We did not spend so much and I dare to say did not even do much in our sengkang flat . But the total reno for just doing the kitchen cabinet, built in wardrobe for the master n vanity cabinet already cost us $16000. And was from hamid & sons..and when wr needed help for our psinting which they did too snd also for the window grille lock which broke in 1year with only a couple staying, hamid & sons refused to assist us and even with the big boss at my unit, they just ignored us. They came late for ou appointment & never even bother to apologise. And they went saying not their problem and would'nt even rendered their help. Jus imagine m n my husband had just got married with new house n new baby n needed help but nobody was there. I told myself since then nevet to use hamid n sons renovation.

As we were scouting for quotations, we actually went to chew interior, classic design n last is summit design studio.

Things that we were renovating:

1) redo both toilets

2) built in wardrobe for 2rooms

3)painting of whole house with different colours

4) change all doors n fix new wrough iron grille at main gate n balcony

5) tv console

6) wallpaper

7) hacking of walls

8) erecting room 3 wall

From chew interior, we got the quotation was $30k n never confim with us the materials used for the doors n painting.

From classic design, we got was $28k.

And lastly summit design w got was $23k.

We decided to take on with summit as we met a reliable contractor by the name of nicholas leong. We had a good raport from the 1st day that we met. N importantly is we were comfortable with him. We could compromise with each other n best part he actually followed us go shopping for wallpaper, toilet accessories n floorings which our previous renovatin guy never did that with us. Practically alternate days he would visit our site n we actually did spot checks but he was there. Even without a vehicle, nicholas still manage to be on ti e for our meets n neve complained to why is it too early or too late. N in the end be became our friend. He managed to rush for our reno within a month as he knew that me n my husband n 3kids with a maid had no place to stay. We really appreciate nicholas's help n his Devotion to his job. Although some things were not right, but when we called him back, he still approached us in a nice manner together with his boss. They were very nice when we told them we were ot happy with the doors that the gave us, i m a perfectionist n of course my things must b perfect too. But they were patient about it although i was very agitated already. But i respected both nicholas n his manager william who came to my house after the whole reno works. They were professio al in handling the situation.

After that, nicholas kept coming down n make sure all s handled properly although we were already residing in the unit. N when nicholas saw a chip for my daughter's wardrobe door n instructed hismen to change without me realizing it. But after that i just told hm its is ok n i could live with it. N gave suggestiions eg to place a mirror there so as to cover the scratch. Nicholas was quite shocked that i made that request n actually insisted on changin for me. But i said,dont waste your time,this is the 2nd time u changed within a day. N i did tell him i would not hold it against them at all. To me, u are my friend already.so long as i can see tha you are sincere in helping me , really appreciate it .

To u guys out there, if it was me, i would still choose summit design studjo n with nicholas leong so long as he still there. He really helped me n my husband alot in giving ideas etc. We really would like to thank nicholas n not forgetting william too:)

Wr assure you that we will definteky reccomend nicholas from summit design studio...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Fidzah, I just met with ID Nicholas previously & got his quote today. He is quite responsive but I would like to see more of his design idea too. Do u mind to share or pm me some of his work piece pic of your place. Mine is a resale 5RM flat at Tampines.

Thanks alot!

Adding one more to the many positive reviews for Summit Design. My ID was ***. Before visiting Summit, me and my wife had actually gotten quotes from about 8-10 interior design firms, and some factors eventually led to us to deciding on Summit Design. We got the best quote, ID(***) was extremely professional and responsive, the promise of after sales service, and of course, the house design.

My renovation:
- Tiling (Whole house)
- Carpentry (Whole house)
- Electrical works
- Plumbing works
- Painting (Whole house)

I will start by reviewing the design process. Both me and wife already had in mind what we wanted, so we told *** our idea, and along the way, he gave us valuable professional advice. After we had decided on the final design, the 3D drawing was prepared in within a week. All credit to *** that the 3D drawing was in fact almost identical to what my renovated house looked like eventually. My parents couldn't even tell the difference.

Tiling was perfect. Carpentry was very good, although we did find some faults, which were easily rectified afterwards. Electrical and plumbing works were very good as well. Paint job was also very well done. During house renovation, slight defects here and there are inevitable, and that's where the after sales service comes in. Whatever defects that we could find were rectified immediately within 1-2 days. And even after we moved in for a few months, nowadays if there are any slight defects that we could notice, you can be sure that *** will be there for you.

Our house was renovated during Oct 2011. As we needed the house urgently, we requested the job to be completed by a month, or latest by 5 weeks. There was no disappointment, as my house was delivered to me in nearly perfect condition within 4 weeks.

It was a real pleasure working with *** during the entire renovation process. Even till this day, he still occasionally sends us texts to catch up and check if everything is good. We really considered ourselves pretty lucky to get such a responsible ID for our first house.

Attached below is a picture of my living room =)

img2746g.jpg

img2747m.jpg

Edited by leyenda

i emailed them from the email address from their website for few days already,

but no reply.

can anyone advise what i should do ?

seems like good comments about this ID firm,

others seems to have bad reputation, like 3D and lowe and etc....

it is not a small sum we are paying and would like to get money's worth or value for money if possible,

reno is so stressful, think my blood pressure shot up

I'm new here. I just ask *** for a quotation after the reviews of forumers here. Have not decide to engage him yet but the impression counts.. Very efficient, , n try to accommodate to our request. Give us advise. Like what are the things we should or shouldn't do.. The quotation he give us oso very reasonable. Need my wife to approve though but I like his attitude n super fast response and amendments to the quotations.. Thus, would highly recommend him...

Anyone engaged Marcus P as your ID?

Im in a dilemma, I feel like i should give him a chance, but at the same time since i'm not seeing any reviews of him, i feel like i should get someone who has more good reviews.

Response and rework was fast!

Hi,

Are the carpentry works gd? Pls kindly advise n comment on ur ID as well we are in the midst of discussion with the same ID.

Thks in advance. :)

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and hope to get some feedback. Been browsing this forum or this thread and saw good review about SDS esp like William, Nicholas and etc...

Therefore last week, my wife & me dropped by to take a look. It's Nicholas(ID) who served us and he gave us a good impression. A very detailed guy and sound very sincere.

Anyone uses Nicholas as your ID before? He mentioned he's quite new just joined SDS so i'm abit unsure but i feel that if i can get some positive feedback, he should be ok.

Hi,

Are the carpentry works gd? Pls kindly advise n comment on ur ID as well we are in the midst of discussion with the same ID.

Thks in advance. :)

He is quite gd and reliable. You must be firm on what you have decide then everything will be fine.

So far my reno went smooth and his response to retify issues is fast. No regrets for me to choose him as my ID. Hope that helps.