Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'd like to share with you guyz my experience with Summit Design.

And also to give my long overdue commendation for Carol Lim for the excellent work and coordination. In the end, I pretty much juz need to admire my home!

It all started with the usual selection process of narrowing down the IDs and I eventually chose to work with Carol for her patience and perspective in design which added value to my own reno design I had in mind.

The things that we did was the tv console/feature wall for living and MBR, kitchen cabs, sort of feature wall cum shoe cabinet, storage bed frame, dressing & vanity and we managed to squeeze a wiw as well.

As my wife was pregnant at that time, we didn't have much time to go onsite to view the works in progress but fortunately for us Carol was super! We got pictures via whatsapp on the progress of our reno without having the need to ask. I appreciate that a lot.

As per the timeline that was planned out by Carol, everything was going on smoothly and timely. The reno eventually completed juz slightly over a month. If not for some delays at my end to get back to Carol, it could have been completed within a month.

If you need more info or wanna see pics of my reno, you can let me know. I'd be more than happy to share. :)

Actually wanna upload here but I'm on iPhone and prolly cannot atm.

Carol is now not juz a ID to me and wife. We're became friends after all the Reno. I'm blessed to have Carol as my ID. :)

Thank you Carol! See ya soon for makan...! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Everyone,

I went to SDS recently and was intro to Davide as my ID. Appreciate very much if anyone would care to share your experiences with him.

Thank you.

Apologize for my lengthy post of my post-reno review!

After 6 weeks of intense renovating and co-ordinating works, we have finally moved into our new 4 rm flat in Senja ! We felt it is time we penned our thoughts down , contribute to this forum and thank fellor forummers for all the research that was done here.

Prior obtaining our keys to our new flat in may, we have shortlisted 3 IDsfrom this forum and see what kind of ideas they could come up with. (since bothof us were zero in the designing department)

1st, P* L*...( shall not name him here ) After 2 hours meetup, this guyis sincere, nice and patient, however we felt that he doesn't "click"or "connect" with us. Some of the design my wife wanted for her kitchen, he doesn't really understand and came up with other things.

2nd, D*t*,...( again shall not name him )Maybe he has his sales target to meet. Felt this guy just wanted us to sign on the dotted line, pushy andimpatient at times. We were very uncomfortable meeting him. Needless to say, no more subsequent meetings.

3rd, Summit Design Interior Pte Ltd, ID Nicholas Leong. After the initial3 hrs meet up to discuss how to go about reno, me and my wife can already feel this guy's accommodating, easygoing, no attitude, not pushy for sales target and he suggested many ideas on how to go about renovating the kitchen. Subsequent meet-ups were relaxing, he sit down with us line by line explaining what we requested and those that we can opt in/out. He understands our needs and worked out the best around our budget. I think Nicholas is 1 of the few IDs who worked till late since we sometimes receive his quotatation past midnight. Needless to say, we confirmed with Nicholas after countless amendment quotations and reconfirming the design from this firm. We felt he has the"heart" to do business with us.

During renovation process, he took the trouble to helped to source out themost similar coloured tiles in his workshop for our door kerb since HDB cannot provide exactly the same tiles anymore. He draw up a time schedule and explain to us what are the works that is expected in the next coming weeks. Whenever his away for a period of days, he will sent sms to notify. He is always contactable and will always call back if busy.

I think I have made the poor painter (sorry I do not know his name) cameback and touched up on my wall countless times. Until I "paisay",kept calling him back. Yet Nicholas or his painter wasn't displeased.

His electrician worth mentioning I think was called "ah boy" and there's another plumb man which I couldn't remembered. They were superb. They installed the lights up fast and were accommodating to all other request for other minor works. 1 thing worth mentioning, most contractors will don't bother; Smoke inside their client's house. But I saw contractors from this firm smoke outsidethe lift lobby as not to dirty the house. (because I do surprise checks)

Carpentry work and general plumbing works were generally good. Even after we havemoved in, my tv console hinge got knocked out by accident by my boy , I called Nicholas, and his men came back within the next day for rectification work. Before renovation I was skeptical about the firm. But after the work done, I think this is 1 of the few renovating firms that we did not need to quarrel until "mian hong er chi" or any unhappiness arises; unlike other friends or family may have encountered. We have a very positive experience dealing with Summit design team and we certainly hope others will have a happy and satisfied renovation process as well. :)

img0268e.jpg

Living rm area

img0271mf.jpg

Kitchen cabinet up

hi any more pictures to share ... very nice ...

Found their carpentry works less than satisfactory. Still require lotsa touch ups to date and after-sales service is quite slow. Just my 2 cents..

Agree with you on their carpentry work. But to be fair, their after sales service for mine is not bad.

Agree with you on their carpentry work. But to be fair, their after sales service for mine is not bad.

I agree too. Their workmanship to me not very good.

I got Summit to renovate my house in Lor Ah Soo, Blk 144.

They stopped work on Sat 1/9 because no cement.

From Mon 3/9 till now. they have not been working for 4 days. Their reason- they dont have workers to continue with the work.

My house is in a mess and I am very frustrated.

Patrick Goh

Have u asked ur ID? Who is ur ID btw?

Have u asked ur ID? Who is ur ID btw?

Not nice to mention his name here.

During the past few days, my routine was, called him like I take my medicine, 1 time in the morning and 1 time around 10.00 pm.

In between, I also called him and SMSed him.

I was made to wait at home for his workers on Mon n Tues. Only to be told that no workers coming after a whole morning of waiting at home staring at the rows of sand bags and boxes of tiles in my living room.

Last nite, I called and was told that the workers coming to work this afternoon. So I am going back home around 12.00pm to wait for the workers.

Patrick Goh

Not nice to mention his name here.

During the past few days, my routine was, called him like I take my medicine, 1 time in the morning and 1 time around 10.00 pm.

In between, I also called him and SMSed him.

I was made to wait at home for his workers on Mon n Tues. Only to be told that no workers coming after a whole morning of waiting at home staring at the rows of sand bags and boxes of tiles in my living room.

Last nite, I called and was told that the workers coming to work this afternoon. So I am going back home around 12.00pm to wait for the workers.

Patrick Goh

Can PM me? I'm thinking to get them to quote. I'm getting keys in late Oct. Still selecting ID/contractors. If their carpentry workmanship that bad, plus poor service, I might withdraw the idea n start looking again.

Dear Mrs Loo,

My reno is only 5% done. It is still too early for me to give any comment.

One worker is now doing tiling in my house.

Well, workers are hard to find nowadays. An occasional shortage of workers and or stoppage of work may be just an isolated incident. It may not be fair to give a judgment or assessment at this juncture.

I have to monitor and gauge the progress and wait till the whole reno is completed in order to give a more balanced and worthy comment.

Patrick Goh

Some updates of my experience and observations during renovation in blk 144 Lor Ah Soo

The tilers

Tiler No. 1, who did my balcony was good. Can say 95% of of 100%. Workmanship good. No ponding problem. I was very satisfied.

Tiler No. 2, who did my Master Bedroom Bathroom-

The tall, big-sized fellow was a little impatient and not helpful. I requested that the trap in shower screen to position at a certain position and he commented that the piping already cut. Cannot shift. (His boss placed it right at the corner, which I think is ugly and not an ideal location). I said," alright, but at least you must position it in between, so that it is balance). Despite his un co-operatin, his workmanship was very good. He really put in efforts to do a good job. For examples, he drilled a circular hole which fits the pipe perfectly and the tiles he cut fit very well The edges are nicely cut and fit perfectly. Other places where the tiles need to be cut or trimed. He did very well. Although I didn't like him, I love his workmanship.

Tiler No.3, who did my Common bathroom.

This one, the workmanship so so only. The gaps in between tiles also some big some small. The edges are not nicely done in some corners. Besides this gap issue, the tiling can only considered as OK. Passable.

Tiler No. 4, who is currently doing my kitchen.

This one is 30+, very obliging but the workmanship is bad. The tiles are uneven. Even when the unevenness is so obvious he still thought that it was OK. He would give me excuses like because of the tiles not straight, because the there are 2 edges, because the plastic lining are not straight, so tiles cannot be tiled nicely. etc...

I complained to the ID, who got him to redo, there was only slight improvement after re-do. Some other tiles which I pointed out are remain undone. I am not happy with this as the said tiles are at the prominent location.

I requested the ID to get another Tiler to re-do. As I think that to this Tiler, he already thought that that was his best. Getting him to re-do would not able to get better result. I would wait and see whether the ID follow up on this.

Last Saturday, there were 3 tilers, but unfortunately my downstairs neighbor complained about the noise and the noisy work had to stop around 3.00pm.

Today, Monday, Tiler No. 4 alone. Tomorrow still Tiler No. 4 doing alone. The progress can be improved.

As for the Plasterers.

2 young men plastered my ceiling. They are quite good. Workmanship good.

My own created problem.

The kitchen floor tiles I chosen was very awful. There are alot of black lines which make the tiles look very dirty. While at the showroom selecting tiles, the sample tile looked ok, only 2- 3 thin lines. Most of the tiles I recievied had more dark lines and some dark patches.

The tiling was already 95% done. I talked to my ID of my intention to re-do the tiling and pay for the additional charges. But my ID said, need to apply Hacking Permit again if want to hack. He suggested that if I want, I should lay another layer of tiles on top of this one.

Will update my experience and observation here to share.

Patrick Goh

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate if you guys can share reviews on Carol from Summit Design.

I'm collecting keys soon and is considering to engage her as our ID.

Thank you!

Hi! My 4 rm flat at Strathmore was renovated by her team this year, have been enjoying it since May! :) Her follow up is very prompt, and I like that thou she is not very vocal, she has good ideas and initiative, for me that's key. Workmanship and after sales service is good too, found a small chip on my tile some time after handover and she sent someone down to fix it very soon. My two cents worth!