Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, finally I have a bit time to share the reno experience I had with Summit Design studio which done recently by ******. ****** is the only ID I met so far who is sincere and serious to work. We chose Summit Design because of good review, and then after having discussion with ******, we find that he is a professional designer in term of providing good ideas for home design, he was able to response us quickly via SMS or phone call, managed to come out the quotation in a short time at a reasonable quote, and more importantly, his ideas impressed my hubby which is the main reason we chose him. He had never been late during the site meeting and the work was completed as expected (about one and half month). Maybe we also don’t have high expectation just for a HDB flat design. However, we are very thankful to him for completing the job in time. Well done, ******!

Feel free to email me huichenwong@hotmail.com if you keen to get the reno photo and ******’ contact.

Besides that, I would also like to share my own opinion in this forum. To avoid any miscommunication, I guess as a customer, we need to play a part to clear all the doubts in mind and no shy to ask before confirm the renovation work. Don't be too particular, treat the reno workers nicely and they will do nicely for you!

Enjoy your reno ID searching and have fun !

Any one had ****** Tan as their ID , well we had and we are currently staying in the completed work of his?

******... We are happy to engage services from Summit Design Studio and having Denise Tan as our ID for our 5 room flat unit, that is of 30 years old.

The stories of those bad experience with those irresponsible and dishonest renovation company that we read from renotalk forum, attribute to our selection on the ideal renovation company. We werent so confident with the Company at the beginning , doubtful of the positive comments that was read on the forum assuming that those were fraud and part of gimmicks.

Our 1 1/2 month experience with the Summit Design Studio , especially our ID , ****** was good and assuring . The unit that we bought was a 30 years old one that condition was bad that require a lot of work ...

You can imagine how big the cost of renovation will be. We are glad to have ****** as ID , friendly and patient. He give us his invaluable advices and about cost saving that not most ID would do . He would also respond to our calls and sms even when it very late in the hour...

He is also patient with us , because we were indecisive at the design. In fact, the 3D drawing was changed more than 3 times, and finalized to suit our different requirement. Workmanship is good . It is the attidue and the service that makes it more assuring ...

:good:

If you want to view at the pictures, feel free to ask me

Hi, may i view the pictures of your reno under ******? Thanks

Hi all,

just a quick question. I wanted to remove my main door frame and main door and In order to do that, I was told that I have to pay additional $120 to put up a temporary door while renovation is going on as they have to hack away the frame (thus no door since door is fixed to frame) when they hack the flooring. Is that right? Somehow, for some reason, I feel ID is just reluctant to remove door frame. Anyone with same experience? ID from Summit.

I had read about all the good reviews Summit received in this forum, thus my mind was quite made up already although I had asked for quite a number of quotes. Of course, due to budget constraints, I also compared the quotes before I made the final decision. There was actually only about less than $2k difference between the quote Summit submitted and a direct contractor. Being always busy with work, I decided to just engage an id to handle and coordinate everything for me.

Everything turned out well initially, quote negotiated to what I wanted. They were helpful in every way. Even with renovation loan, which I do not think they actually get anything out of it. 3D drawing submitted, changes conveyed to id. As the dates for reno gotten from my Fengshui master was quite near, they also accommodated to my request and arranged everything very quickly. I encountered some issues with my loan application and they still started the reno on the date I requested for.

On the second day of reno, photos were sent to me on the progress of the reno. But that was about it. I received no more updates. I thought since Summit received so much good feedback, it should not be a problem to just leave it to them. I do go do regular checks on the progress and thought that it was a little slow. Only then I realized there was no timeline given to me.

So I started going down almost everyday to check on the progress. The more progress I saw, the more I worry as there were more and more issues that weren't what was agreed on initially.

1. There was no revision of 3D drawing shown to me despite several reminders.

2. Because of number 1, I wasn't able to visualize how the wardrobe will turn out, and I only saw the finished product, which eats into alot of space.

3. Position of the lights were incorrect.

4. Color of laminate for kitchen cabinets were wrong, despite having gone through twice. Id said he felt the color was more suitable, but I thought he could have at least told me he was changing color?

5. I changed my window and since day1 I had already told id what kind I wanted, and it turned out wrong.

6. I noticed a few times when I walked in, the workers did not even question who Ia m and just let me wander into the house and look all over. i wonder how many strangers have visited my home without my knowledge.

7. Once I went down and the door was wide open with no one inside the house.

There are a several more points but I shall not list them down further. All in all, I think that they are not bad, really. But perhaps really too busy to manage my project properly. Lack of communication was the main problem. I would have appreciated more regular updates. Now, I am not even sure when the reno can be completed as there are several items to be rectified. I have postponed the delivery of the electronic items and bed etc twice already and I dont think they will entertain any more changes. All I hope now is they can complete on time next week....

Edited by greekrose

Hi greekrose, care to share which ID managed your project?

I had read about all the good reviews Summit received in this forum, thus my mind was quite made up already although I had asked for quite a number of quotes. Of course, due to budget constraints, I also compared the quotes before I made the final decision. There was actually only about less than $2k difference between the quote Summit submitted and a direct contractor. Being always busy with work, I decided to just engage an id to handle and coordinate everything for me.

Everything turned out well initially, quote negotiated to what I wanted. They were helpful in every way. Even with renovation loan, which I do not think they actually get anything out of it. 3D drawing submitted, changes conveyed to id. As the dates for reno gotten from my Fengshui master was quite near, they also accommodated to my request and arranged everything very quickly. I encountered some issues with my loan application and they still started the reno on the date I requested for.

On the second day of reno, photos were sent to me on the progress of the reno. But that was about it. I received no more updates. I thought since Summit received so much good feedback, it should not be a problem to just leave it to them. I do go do regular checks on the progress and thought that it was a little slow. Only then I realized there was no timeline given to me.

So I started going down almost everyday to check on the progress. The more progress I saw, the more I worry as there were more and more issues that weren't what was agreed on initially.

1. There was no revision of 3D drawing shown to me despite several reminders.
2. Because of number 1, I wasn't able to visualize how the wardrobe will turn out, and I only saw the finished product, which eats into alot of space.
3. Position of the lights were incorrect.
4. Color of laminate for kitchen cabinets were wrong, despite having gone through twice. Id said he felt the color was more suitable, but I thought he could have at least told me he was changing color?
5. I changed my window and since day1 I had already told id what kind I wanted, and it turned out wrong.
6. I noticed a few times when I walked in, the workers did not even question who Ia m and just let me wander into the house and look all over. i wonder how many strangers have visited my home without my knowledge.
7. Once I went down and the door was wide open with no one inside the house.

There are a several more points but I shall not list them down further. All in all, I think that they are not bad, really. But perhaps really too busy to manage my project properly. Lack of communication was the main problem. I would have appreciated more regular updates. Now, I am not even sure when the reno can be completed as there are several items to be rectified. I have postponed the delivery of the electronic items and bed etc twice already and I dont think they will entertain any more changes. All I hope now is they can complete on time next week....

Hi, anyone have experience with Kenny Cheng from Summit Design Studio?

Yeah, was wondering the same thing. Just walked-in a couple of days ago and met up with the guy. How was your experience with him? First impressions?

Hi All

I have been reading this forum ever since I gotten my key two years back and finally decided to start the renovation work.

appreciate if anyone could PM me Carol or dennis contact? thank you very much everyone